oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'

2 hours ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

Each to their own, but it's just a game I don't really want or care about. Sunday's game was fun but I'd have preferred it to have gone straight to penalties and had a definite winner. We'll have two days rest ahead of a Friday night game with Fulham that I'm more interested in. 

Cup games just feel like reserve football these days, I find them totally bland unless you get a proper mismatch i.e. non-league vs a PL side. And I agree on the income for smaller clubs point - hence why both teams would need to agree to scrap a replay. 

Doesn't really make sense when both Middlesbrough and Tottenham put out full strength sides.

I agree they should just finish it on the day though, I think the League Cup semi-final should only be one game too.

• Like 1
  • Replies 22.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Posted Images

Woodgate has been nominated for manager of the month:

Outlining the reason for Woodgate's nomination, the citation said: "Patience has been the key on and off the pitch at The Riverside.

"Woodgate has gradually instilled in his young side a steeliness to pick up points in adversity, notably a 2-0 win at West Brom which made it 13 points from six games."

Would be nice to see him get it after going through a few tough months.

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, Foogle said:

Outlining the reason for Woodgate's nomination, the citation said: "Patience has been the key on and off the pitch at The Riverside.

"Woodgate has gradually instilled in his young side a steeliness to pick up points in adversity, notably a 2-0 win at West Brom which made it 13 points from six games."

Noooooooooo !!!! 

• Haha 1

I hope he gets it. Massive pad on the back and something that he could need to make another leap forward. I don’t believe in those curses anyway. 13 points from 6 games is no mean feat considering we were close to relegation and went to wba and pne and deserved all points. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Foogle said:

Really pleased he's been nominated, but don't want him getting manager of the month curse...

Great turnround to win manager of the month though considering that 3-1 Swansea debarkle and I thought also the Leeds hammering but turns out that was November 30th. He did only win 3 out of the 5 games in the month though so is a reflection of how inconsistent the championship is for pretty much every team.