• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Brunners said:

What I enjoyed most was Woody taking part in their 2 minute questions challenge about his own career and absolutely smashing it out the park, he was answering questions before they were asked.

He only got one wrong (the fee he signed for Boro for) didn't he? And he also corrected the bloke asking questions once too. Bang at the top of the leaderboard which includes players too, players who somehow know less about their own playing career when they're still playing than Woody does after he's been retired for a few years.

They also ran out of questions in the 2 minutes, he could have done that all day.

43 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

He only got one wrong (the fee he signed for Boro for) didn't he? And he also corrected the bloke asking questions once too. Bang at the top of the leaderboard which includes players too, players who somehow know less about their own playing career when they're still playing than Woody does after he's been retired for a few years.

They also ran out of questions in the 2 minutes, he could have done that all day.

EDIT: Actually, I think he got the one wrong about the name of the owl too, didn't he?

41 minutes ago, Brunners said:

EDIT: Actually, I think he got the one wrong about the name of the owl too, didn't he?

Ah yes, yes he did. I'm thinking maybe there was another he didn't get as he got a score of 17 and they surely didn't just ask an odd number of questions, that would be outrageous.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, wilsoncgp said:

Ah yes, yes he did. I'm thinking maybe there was another he didn't get as he got a score of 17 and they surely didn't just ask an odd number of questions, that would be outrageous.

I thought that was weird but I assumed maybe that spurs one the interviewer wasn't specific on had another point for something else

1 hour ago, wilsoncgp said:

He had plenty of free time while he was still playing in fairness.  Might have spent it revising for just such a situation.

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, Changing Times said:

He had plenty of free time while he was still playing in fairness.  Might have spent it revising for just such a situation.

Perhaps a presentation was in order. It's in his Powerpoints folder on his laptop, next to 'The Golden Thread' and 'I didn't do it'. 😅

8 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Perhaps a presentation was in order. It's in his Powerpoints folder on his laptop, next to 'The Golden Thread' and 'I didn't do it'. 😅

That golden thread thing was exciting for the 10 mins or so of it's existence 🤦‍♂️

Woodgate confirmed squad going to London on Monday evening and back Saturday morning. Asked a few clubs if they could use they facilities to prepare for Fulham game but a few London clubs rejected our request including Spurs. However, Palace kindly agreed to us using they facilities. (Not sure if Palace hierachy would have agreed had Pulis still been in charge mind. Haha)

• Like 1

Boro are staying in London for 5 days this week for the Spurs and Fulham games. With training taking place at Crystal Palace's training ground.

The entire squad and back room team will travel down today and won't return until the early hours of Saturday.

On 1/10/2020 at 11:32 AM, Brunners said:

What I enjoyed most was Woody taking part in their 2 minute questions challenge about his own career and absolutely smashing it out the park, he was answering questions before they were asked.

I really enjoyed that .. 
Rumours about JW being slow/daft  got knocked back a bit there 😉