Jump to content
oneBoro Forum
LukeR

'Other Boro stuff'

Recommended Posts

51 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Players turning on each other after the game... management falling out over selection...not just toxic in the stands... this only goes one way I think.

You got any further details on this SDS? Thank you in advance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, diggerlad07 said:

I heard the same that Gibson didn't trust McClaren whilst he was in charge but I guess overtime relationship must of been salvaged. 

 

From December 2007:-

Steve Gibson has turned the knife on Steve McClaren by insisting he is happier to have Gareth Southgate in charge at Middlesbrough.

The Middlesbrough chairman launched a scathing attack on the former England head coach.

He said: "If Steve said to me the grass is green, I would go out and check. He can be charming but he had this streak of ambition that was absolutely bloody ruthless.

"You can't go through life trying to achieve your ambitions at the expense of others.

"We shake hands when we meet but he's never been back since he left and he's not on my Christmas card list.

"We never want to get into that situation again, I don't want a guy who is always thinking about the next rung on the ladder. He just saw us as a stepping stone and if you can make enemies at a club like ours, you're going to be in trouble when things go wrong."

Gibson gave unequivocal backing to Southgate, adding: "I gave Gareth a five-year contract because I wanted him to have the time to take a much longer-term view of the club."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ManBearPig said:

I'm sorry but if Keane has a hefty release claus or severance package, who ever has put that deal in place is stupid. 

On one hand they expect the players to gain experience and work their way up, but they are happy to dish out lucrative contracts for inexperienced management staff. Again, clueless from top to bottom.

Imagine Gibson holding his nerve, not sacking Woodgate and then taking the Boro down because it was the best financial option available to us. 

 

We have been in a downward spiral since McClaren left to be honest. Short of Mowbray steadying the ship and Karanka getting us promoted, we have been ran appallingly for well over a decade. Players have come and gone, managers and their back room staff have come and gone.

A long hard look needs to be taken at the top. I’ve always been very pro Gibson, but I’m slowly starting to question that now. He needs to take charge of this situation, show some real leadership and be cut throat with everyone at the club. If he doesn’t have the appetite to do so, maybe it is time he hands the club over to someone who does.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, PsychFur said:

From December 2007:-

Steve Gibson has turned the knife on Steve McClaren by insisting he is happier to have Gareth Southgate in charge at Middlesbrough.

The Middlesbrough chairman launched a scathing attack on the former England head coach.

He said: "If Steve said to me the grass is green, I would go out and check. He can be charming but he had this streak of ambition that was absolutely bloody ruthless.

"You can't go through life trying to achieve your ambitions at the expense of others.

"We shake hands when we meet but he's never been back since he left and he's not on my Christmas card list.

"We never want to get into that situation again, I don't want a guy who is always thinking about the next rung on the ladder. He just saw us as a stepping stone and if you can make enemies at a club like ours, you're going to be in trouble when things go wrong."

Gibson gave unequivocal backing to Southgate, adding: "I gave Gareth a five-year contract because I wanted him to have the time to take a much longer-term view of the club."

I don't mind a manager seeing us as a stepping stone as I mean they have to achieve success for them to get a job at a top club. I would like a manager to have ambition they might actually care then as they is far to much apathy at the club at the moment. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

I've never trusted Robbie Keane always thought he would jump ship when the going gets tough. 

Hope he does then we won't need to pay him off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, diggerlad07 said:

Received a text overnight.

Meeting which was scheduled for international break has been brought forward to next Tuesday. I'd presume that means he's got 2 games to save his job but that's only my opinion.

Players lost faith in management which is clear as day for us all to see in performances.

Bausor has held talks with man City this week and deal agreed for Roberts to stay next season.

 

When I read that bit in bold I was honestly hoping that Man City were trying to sign Bausor from us for some bizarre reason.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Bennyboy137 said:

Gibson needs to step in and put an end to that at once. As you say, that only goes one way!

And ruin his holiday? 😲

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Players turning on each other after the game... management falling out over selection...not just toxic in the stands... this only goes one way I think.

To be fair, if I was part of that coaching staff and saw that team being selected then I'd have a few things to say about it as well 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I notice Spence’s shirt was hung up in the pre-match dressing room photos. So something must have happened for him to be dropped from the 18. Maybe that’s what the coaches fell out about? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

You got any further details on this SDS? Thank you in advance.

No mate and not sure how much of it is 100% legit.. one think I do know though is off players calling each other out after sat... I'm fine with that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Smoggydownsouth said:

No mate and not sure how much of it is 100% legit.. one think I do know though is off players calling each other out after sat... I'm fine with that

I suppose it depends which players are doing it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I suppose it depends which players are doing it.

Senior players being called out by their younger team mates. Cant say anymore than that 

  • Wow 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Senior players being called out by their younger team mates. Cant say anymore than that 

And then the seniors play and do sod all. Class.

I can't wait to see the line up on Wednesday. Might change my prediction based on what it is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Skinemrippers said:

I notice Spence’s shirt was hung up in the pre-match dressing room photos. So something must have happened for him to be dropped from the 18. Maybe that’s what the coaches fell out about? 

He seemed to be limping to the dugout from where I was sat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



  • Latest Posts

    • Great news OMG it will be good to keep the PL going it's a great feature and good fun. MM you underplay you're efforts, fantastic job for the last few seasons, I'm sure on behalf of the forum a big thank you for all your hard work and frequent updates. I hope you continue to take part.  
    • Are we ready for a relegation battle? No. Are we more ready for a relegation battle than the teams around us (which is perhaps the more important question)? Time will tell. I have my concerns, though. Charlton in particular came out of pre-season much more strongly than we did, and we are kind of restarting the season again after another preseason.  I'm not confident that Woodgate has the managerial experience to get us to be where we need to be in terms of preparation and match sharpness by the end of this mid-season preseason.
    • My worry is our goalscoring, if teams get in front we'll then struggle & with the new rules of 5 subs per game teams will just kill games We are as bad as the other 5, 6 teams at the wrong end with not much breathing space between us all, whoever starts late in the mini bottom league will go down  Defensively we're fine, IMHO, 
    • Didn’t realise Taylor was 30. Thought he was a young up-and-coming
    • Agree. I think a lower end PL team will take a punt on him as a 2nd or 3rd choice striker. They got little to lose. Free transfer and if they offer him even 15k it will probs triple his current wages.
×
×
  • Create New...