oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'

51 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Players turning on each other after the game... management falling out over selection...not just toxic in the stands... this only goes one way I think.

You got any further details on this SDS? Thank you in advance.

• Replies 22.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Posted Images

8 hours ago, diggerlad07 said:

I heard the same that Gibson didn't trust McClaren whilst he was in charge but I guess overtime relationship must of been salvaged. 

From December 2007:-

Steve Gibson has turned the knife on Steve McClaren by insisting he is happier to have Gareth Southgate in charge at Middlesbrough.

The Middlesbrough chairman launched a scathing attack on the former England head coach.

He said: "If Steve said to me the grass is green, I would go out and check. He can be charming but he had this streak of ambition that was absolutely bloody ruthless.

"You can't go through life trying to achieve your ambitions at the expense of others.

"We shake hands when we meet but he's never been back since he left and he's not on my Christmas card list.

"We never want to get into that situation again, I don't want a guy who is always thinking about the next rung on the ladder. He just saw us as a stepping stone and if you can make enemies at a club like ours, you're going to be in trouble when things go wrong."

Gibson gave unequivocal backing to Southgate, adding: "I gave Gareth a five-year contract because I wanted him to have the time to take a much longer-term view of the club."

3 minutes ago, ManBearPig said:

I'm sorry but if Keane has a hefty release claus or severance package, who ever has put that deal in place is stupid. 

On one hand they expect the players to gain experience and work their way up, but they are happy to dish out lucrative contracts for inexperienced management staff. Again, clueless from top to bottom.

Imagine Gibson holding his nerve, not sacking Woodgate and then taking the Boro down because it was the best financial option available to us. 

We have been in a downward spiral since McClaren left to be honest. Short of Mowbray steadying the ship and Karanka getting us promoted, we have been ran appallingly for well over a decade. Players have come and gone, managers and their back room staff have come and gone.

A long hard look needs to be taken at the top. I’ve always been very pro Gibson, but I’m slowly starting to question that now. He needs to take charge of this situation, show some real leadership and be cut throat with everyone at the club. If he doesn’t have the appetite to do so, maybe it is time he hands the club over to someone who does.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, PsychFur said:

From December 2007:-

Steve Gibson has turned the knife on Steve McClaren by insisting he is happier to have Gareth Southgate in charge at Middlesbrough.

The Middlesbrough chairman launched a scathing attack on the former England head coach.

He said: "If Steve said to me the grass is green, I would go out and check. He can be charming but he had this streak of ambition that was absolutely bloody ruthless.

"You can't go through life trying to achieve your ambitions at the expense of others.

"We shake hands when we meet but he's never been back since he left and he's not on my Christmas card list.

"We never want to get into that situation again, I don't want a guy who is always thinking about the next rung on the ladder. He just saw us as a stepping stone and if you can make enemies at a club like ours, you're going to be in trouble when things go wrong."

Gibson gave unequivocal backing to Southgate, adding: "I gave Gareth a five-year contract because I wanted him to have the time to take a much longer-term view of the club."

I don't mind a manager seeing us as a stepping stone as I mean they have to achieve success for them to get a job at a top club. I would like a manager to have ambition they might actually care then as they is far to much apathy at the club at the moment. 

9 hours ago, diggerlad07 said:

Received a text overnight.

Meeting which was scheduled for international break has been brought forward to next Tuesday. I'd presume that means he's got 2 games to save his job but that's only my opinion.

Players lost faith in management which is clear as day for us all to see in performances.

Bausor has held talks with man City this week and deal agreed for Roberts to stay next season.

When I read that bit in bold I was honestly hoping that Man City were trying to sign Bausor from us for some bizarre reason.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Players turning on each other after the game... management falling out over selection...not just toxic in the stands... this only goes one way I think.

To be fair, if I was part of that coaching staff and saw that team being selected then I'd have a few things to say about it as well 👍

Just now, Smoggydownsouth said:

No mate and not sure how much of it is 100% legit.. one think I do know though is off players calling each other out after sat... I'm fine with that

I suppose it depends which players are doing it.

17 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Senior players being called out by their younger team mates. Cant say anymore than that 

And then the seniors play and do sod all. Class.

I can't wait to see the line up on Wednesday. Might change my prediction based on what it is.

58 minutes ago, Skinemrippers said:

I notice Spence’s shirt was hung up in the pre-match dressing room photos. So something must have happened for him to be dropped from the 18. Maybe that’s what the coaches fell out about? 

He seemed to be limping to the dugout from where I was sat.