• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Quick, someone get @Blanco to text his parents and find out the truth!

There is zero chance that I would bring up such a matter with his parents. I would agree with @TeaCider24 that if there was so much evidence that the police would be all over it and for some reason they don’t seem to be.

I also can’t see how the club can be involved in any cover up either. If something happened she could have gone to the police directly herself.

I was unsure where to ask this so will ask it here.

Does anyone know our longest run without a win?:

a.) In league

b.) In all competitions

I think someone earlier this season said record is 14 but i stand to be corrected?

I know Woodgate oversaw a run of 10 league games without a win earlier this season. If we fail to win tomorrow it will 10 league games without a win again (12 in all competitions). Does not bode well that 2 of our worst runs in recent times have come under him in 1 season.

• Angry 1
4 hours ago, TLF10 said:

I was unsure where to ask this so will ask it here.

Does anyone know our longest run without a win?:

a.) In league

b.) In all competitions

I think someone earlier this season said record is 14 but i stand to be corrected?

I know Woodgate oversaw a run of 10 league games without a win earlier this season. If we fail to win tomorrow it will 10 league games without a win again (12 in all competitions). Does not bode well that 2 of our worst runs in recent times have come under him in 1 season.

I believe the longest run without a league win is 81/82 season where we went 19 league games without winning between the end of September and the beginning of March 😬

Longest run without a win in all competitions is the same season I think with 22 games between the beginning of October and the beginning of March - we drew a second leg game with third division Plymouth in the LC, then lost to Liverpool in the next round and we drew and then lost the replay with second division QPR in the FA Cup 😬

More recently, the longest run without a league win is the 2016/17 season where we didn't win between beating Swansea on 17th December and beating the Mackems on 26th April for a total of 16 games 😬 We did at least win some cup games during that period though against Sheff Wed, Accrington and Oxford.  The longest without a win in any competition is a lower amount than that as we've tended to at least win a cup game somewhere in the middle of a bad run so it's around 12/13 I think in a couple of different seasons.

Edit - I don't think you really need to look at our games without a win under Woodgate to know things haven't been great.  We've been relegated from this division only twice in our history, that's how bad things are right now.  We've only come close to being relegated from this level on a few other occasions as well so this really isn't a common position to find ourselves in.

Edited by Changing Times
35 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I believe the longest run without a league win is 81/82 season where we went 19 league games without winning between the end of September and the beginning of March 😬

Longest run without a win in all competitions is the same season I think with 22 games between the beginning of October and the beginning of March - we drew a second leg game with third division Plymouth in the LC, then lost to Liverpool in the next round and we drew and then lost the replay with second division QPR in the FA Cup 😬

More recently, the longest run without a league win is the 2016/17 season where we didn't win between beating Swansea on 17th December and beating the Mackems on 26th April for a total of 16 games 😬 We did at least win some cup games during that period though against Sheff Wed, Accrington and Oxford.  The longest without a win in any competition is a lower amount than that as we've tended to at least win a cup game somewhere in the middle of a bad run so it's around 12/13 I think in a couple of different seasons.

Edit - I don't think you really need to look at our games without a win under Woodgate to know things haven't been great.  We've been relegated from this division only twice in our history, that's how bad things are right now.  We've only come close to being relegated from this level on a few other occasions as well so this really isn't a common position to find ourselves in.

Thank you CT. Much appreciated. Just realised my wiestion was poorly worded when you gave the stat of 16 PL games without a win as that was shared with two managers.

My question really should have been longest run without a win under 1 manager in league and longest run under 1 manager in all competitions? I assume JW will be close to holding the record for both.

Totally agree that looking at games without a win should not be an indicator of how poor we been this season

40 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Thank you CT. Much appreciated. Just realised my wiestion was poorly worded when you gave the stat of 16 PL games without a win as that was shared with two managers.

My question really should have been longest run without a win under 1 manager in league and longest run under 1 manager in all competitions? I assume JW will be close to holding the record for both.

Totally agree that looking at games without a win should not be an indicator of how poor we been this season

Well the 81/82 season was Bobby Murdoch so he holds both of those records, unfortunately.  Another manager not exactly helped by his owner. 

Yeah the 2016/17 games were obviously split between Karanka and Agnew.  Robson has a run of 13 league games without a win during the 95/96 season but we did win a cup game at Notts County during that run before drawing and then losing to Wimbledon in the replay in round four.

Without wanting to put words in your mouth, I think perhaps your question isn't so much about a manager as such and more about how often we've had runs as bad as we've had this season?  The answer to that is not very often and I'm not sure we've ever had two runs of 10 or more games without a win in any season in our history.  I found a season with two runs of 9 games without a win (1923/24) when we finished bottom of the First Division as it was then and a season with 9 wins and then 8 wins (1982/83). 

This season we have gone 10 league games without a win and now 9 league games without a win, plus the 2 Spurs games in the FA Cup.  Generally, if we go 10 or more games without a win that is an historically bad run for us.  By way of a comparison, in the two seasons that we went down to the Third Division, the longest we went without a win was like 6 or 7 games only.  In the 2016/17 season though we did have an earlier run of 7 league games and 1 League Cup game without a win.  That season is about as bad as it gets in our history from a statistical point of view though as is the 1923/24 season I mentioned above.

I could have missed seasons out but I think the above is pretty accurate.  

1 hour ago, Changing Times said:

Well the 81/82 season was Bobby Murdoch so he holds both of those records, unfortunately.  Another manager not exactly helped by his owner. 

Yeah the 2016/17 games were obviously split between Karanka and Agnew.  Robson has a run of 13 league games without a win during the 95/96 season but we did win a cup game at Notts County during that run before drawing and then losing to Wimbledon in the replay in round four.

Without wanting to put words in your mouth, I think perhaps your question isn't so much about a manager as such and more about how often we've had runs as bad as we've had this season?  The answer to that is not very often and I'm not sure we've ever had two runs of 10 or more games without a win in any season in our history.  I found a season with two runs of 9 games without a win (1923/24) when we finished bottom of the First Division as it was then and a season with 9 wins and then 8 wins (1982/83). 

This season we have gone 10 league games without a win and now 9 league games without a win, plus the 2 Spurs games in the FA Cup.  Generally, if we go 10 or more games without a win that is an historically bad run for us.  By way of a comparison, in the two seasons that we went down to the Third Division, the longest we went without a win was like 6 or 7 games only.  In the 2016/17 season though we did have an earlier run of 7 league games and 1 League Cup game without a win.  That season is about as bad as it gets in our history from a statistical point of view though as is the 1923/24 season I mentioned above.

I could have missed seasons out but I think the above is pretty accurate.  

Thank you. That was essentially my question. How bad is this manager and how bad is this season when compared to past managers and seasons? And the answer to both it seems is they are up there with the worst we ever had.  

Thank you again for all information. Greatly appreciated. 

2 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Thank you. That was essentially my question. How bad is this manager and how bad is this season when compared to past managers and seasons? And the answer to both it seems is they are up there with the worst we ever had.  

Thank you again for all information. Greatly appreciated. 

No problem mate, happy to help.  It cheered me up no end 🙃

• Haha 1

Long way to go on this depending on what league we are in, but Boro held very positive talks with Ivan Toney and his representatives over the weekend.

He's been told by P'Boro that they are willing to let him go in the summer regardless of what league they are in because of his loyalty in the last 2 transfer windows.

Can't see personally how we can afford is as he was quoted at £8million in January. I can only think that's with the asset sales and players out of contract 

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Long way to go on this depending on what league we are in, but Boro held very positive talks with Ivan Toney and his representatives over the weekend.

He's been told by P'Boro that they are willing to let him go in the summer regardless of what league they are in because of his loyalty in the last 2 transfer windows.

Can't see personally how we can afford is as he was quoted at £8million in January. I can only think that's with the asset sales and players out of contract 

I be over the moon with Ivan Toney replacement for britt 

• Like 1