oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'

47 minutes ago, Ash said:

So that’s us relegated to League One then. He’s an absolute idiot for STILL having faith in Woodgate given how terrible he has been.

I’ll change my opinion now on Gibson. I’d happily have us taken over and Gibson leave. He’s not fit to run a football club. He thinks so long as he puts money in he can continue to make abhorrently bad decisions to give his mates senior jobs. It’s abundantly clear that he think so long as he picks up the bill, the fans will accept his mismanagement even if we end up in League One. Hopefully the fans won’t just accept this how they have every time Gibson has promised the World in the past. I honestly think it’s time for the fans to be vocal against Gibson. Otherwise we’re tumbling towards relegation to League One and Woodgate still in charge come August. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 22.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

Posted Images

He's not wrong that Woodgate is a figurehead who is inherently taking the brunt of the criticism of a club not going in the right direction. But you can judge him individually away from that and still be disappointed.

Gibson is trying to take the pressure away from him seemingly because he knows that Woodgate is not the problem and I believe that. But he is a response to the mistakes the club has made who would otherwise have not got the job and he is still underperforming with the players he has.

In a way I'm happy that this means no change from the direction the club apparently wants to go in, which Warnock or anyone like him would represent. But it is concerning that if Woodgate isn't capable of doing the job, Gibson is willing to look past that just because he's not the biggest problem at the club. Which means Woodgate will probably be in charge if we drop to League One.

21 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

He's not wrong that Woodgate is a figurehead who is inherently taking the brunt of the criticism of a club not going in the right direction. But you can judge him individually away from that and still be disappointed.

Gibson is trying to take the pressure away from him seemingly because he knows that Woodgate is not the problem and I believe that. But he is a response to the mistakes the club has made who would otherwise have not got the job and he is still underperforming with the players he has.

In a way I'm happy that this means no change from the direction the club apparently wants to go in, which Warnock or anyone like him would represent. But it is concerning that if Woodgate isn't capable of doing the job, Gibson is willing to look past that just because he's not the biggest problem at the club. Which means Woodgate will probably be in charge if we drop to League One.

You're absolutely right that Woodgate isn't the problem at the club. The problem sits right at the top with a chairman that looks like he has lost interest but still won't gove control to someone who actually knows football. Woodgate is a huge problem because he is woefully out of depth. Any manager he comes up against outsmarts him and our players look like they don't care. That all stems from managerial inability. When we go down the problems we will be facing will be mommoth and nothing compared to the last few years. There is no way we are going straight back up and we will have to a lot of players to make the club financially stable again and we won't be able to recruit decent players.

We need at least four points this week and I struggle to see us getting 1. Wigan are at home against Luton on saturday and that will see us even further adrift.

• Like 1

Staggering interview which says nothing that we didn't already know, just white noise presumably in an effort to deflect from Woodgate's incompetence in the short term in the hope that luck delivers a few wins somehow. Its been going pear shaped for well over a decade and now we have this latest directionless experiment going horribly wrong yet there seems to be a sense of denial of reality. Of course the problems go far deeper than Woodgate but at the minute he is doing an awful job with resources that are not as bad as he has managed to drag them down to. What exactly is happening in the areas of the business that has woefully under performed behind Woodgate, Strachan, Monk and Mowbray etc.?

• Like 6
11 hours ago, diggerlad07 said:

Long way to go on this depending on what league we are in, but Boro held very positive talks with Ivan Toney and his representatives over the weekend.

He's been told by P'Boro that they are willing to let him go in the summer regardless of what league they are in because of his loyalty in the last 2 transfer windows.

Can't see personally how we can afford is as he was quoted at £8million in January. I can only think that's with the asset sales and players out of contract 

We just never ever learn, do we? It's astonishing that we still think it's a good idea to spend huge amounts on lower league players. If anything has been proven over the last few years it's that it's avery bad idea to spend millions on League 1 players. It would be just the Boro way to spend 7 million on a League 1 striker and not have any funds to get wingers and creative players. The stupidity at the club is mindboggling 😲

• Like 1

Btw that article is a load of crap. If there are any Gazette journalists looking here then you should know that you are a complete disgrace to the trade "journalism". Sure you can write a pretty article but why don't you try to be critical once in a while. Articles like these proves without reasonable doubt that you are in the clubs pocket and it isn't pretty to watch. Never do you ask a single critical question, even at times when there is so much blatantly going wrong at the club and has been since january 2017. If it wasn't because it was Anthony Vickers name on that article I would have thought it was an article on the MFC website. @Vickers you are a very good writer, but it would suit your job to actually ask some critical questions instead of just nodding along to the commands of the Boro hierachy. I've stopped going on the Gazette website as it's just become content marketing from the club.

• Like 8
9 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Btw that article is a load of crap. If there are any Gazette journalists looking here then you should know that you are a complete disgrace to the trade "journalism". Sure you can write a pretty article but why don't you try to be critical once in a while. Articles like these proves without reasonable doubt that you are in the clubs pocket and it isn't pretty to watch. Never do you ask a single critical question, even at times when there is so much blatantly going wrong at the club and has been since january 2017. If it wasn't because it was Anthony Vickers name on that article I would have thought it was an article on the MFC website. @Vickers you are a very good writer, but it would suit your job to actually ask some critical questions instead of just nodding along to the commands of the Boro hierachy. I've stopped going on the Gazette website as it's just become content marketing from the club.

Funny that they captioned the article saying Vickers had spoken to Gibson, yet Vickers’ voice is entirely absent from anything Gibson said. Just a little paragraph to set up the next section of Gibson’s empty rhetoric. So transparently a platform for Gibson to spout some rubbish about endorsing Woodgate/reassuring fans he still gives a ***. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, TeaCider24 said:

There's a long and in depth interview with Steve Gibson in the Gazette, Woodgate's going nowhere, even though Gibson's very aware and worried about the threat of relegation.

Good interview, but I think it shows the precarious situation we're in when he's having to speak publicly.

Sounds like there's a lot riding on us staying up and shifting the out of contract players.

What makes you think it was a good interview? Thought it was a load of *** myself

• Haha 1
10 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Btw that article is a load of crap. If there are any Gazette journalists looking here then you should know that you are a complete disgrace to the trade "journalism". Sure you can write a pretty article but why don't you try to be critical once in a while. Articles like these proves without reasonable doubt that you are in the clubs pocket and it isn't pretty to watch. Never do you ask a single critical question, even at times when there is so much blatantly going wrong at the club and has been since january 2017. If it wasn't because it was Anthony Vickers name on that article I would have thought it was an article on the MFC website. @Vickers you are a very good writer, but it would suit your job to actually ask some critical questions instead of just nodding along to the commands of the Boro hierachy. I've stopped going on the Gazette website as it's just become content marketing from the club

Brilliant post Borodane!

I said the exact same thing on FB and was crucified for it.

I am mates with one of the journalists at the evening Gazette and I honestly agree with everything you say - very poor journalism. My friend isn't a MFC fan and put it this way, his personal thoughts on what his happening at the club has never been allowed to be published - take that as you like and that says everything about the relationship and the club.

Yes, he's a friend and I know how journalism works etc but I find it astonishing the amount of strict instructions he has to adhere too.

The Gazette are frightened of upsetting the messiah once again and the risk of getting banned from the club again.

What the Gazette don't seem to understand is the more they publish MFC side of the story and not what the fans actually think, they will eventually lose all MFC viewers/readers. 

Last I heard the Gazette ran a poll internally and they found 33% of their viewers/readers were because of sport related topics.

Oh and btw I know for a fact that 1 of the Gazette journalists posts on this forum (and it isn't my friend as he's not interested in football).

• Like 1

Well, at least Gibson has come out and said something. The fact it's so unpalatable doesn't change the fact he stuck his head above the parapet when many of us were calling for him to do so.

But to think Woodgate is doing a good job...that boggles my mind. It's like saying Pulis was here to conduct root and branch reform of the club. If he had, we wouldn't be 22nd in the second tier with a squad full of overpaid wantaway players. And if Woodgate was doing a decent job, even a half-decent job, we wouldn't be staring into League One. Of course he's not the whole problem. But we would not be 22nd in the second tier with Nigel Adkins in charge, or Chris Hughton, or Slavisa Jokanovic, or...

This press release (don't even insult our intelligence by calling it an "interview") reads like a chairman preparing the fans for relegation. And that breaks my heart. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, diggerlad07 said:

Brilliant post Borodane!

I said the exact same thing on FB and was crucified for it.

I am mates with one of the journalists at the evening Gazette and I honestly agree with everything you say - very poor journalism. My friend isn't a MFC fan and put it this way, his personal thoughts on what his happening at the club has never been allowed to be published - take that as you like and that says everything about the relationship and the club.

Yes, he's a friend and I know how journalism works etc but I find it astonishing the amount of strict instructions he has to adhere too.

The Gazette are frightened of upsetting the messiah once again and the risk of getting banned from the club again.

What the Gazette don't seem to understand is the more they publish MFC side of the story and not what the fans actually think, they will eventually lose all MFC viewers/readers. 

Last I heard the Gazette ran a poll internally and they found 33% of their viewers/readers were because of sport related topics.

So what?!? Get banned then. Write some good articles with journalistic glasses on and I bet you people will find it a lot more interesting to read the paper. Being a mouthpiece of a company doesn't suit any paper and it's embarrasing to witness. You are absolutely right the paper will lose readers if they continue to be slaves to Steve Gibson. I'd like to challenge the Echo to start doing that and steal more readers from the Gazette who are fed up with marriage between the club and paper.

5 minutes ago, RealSlimSladeyy said:

What makes you think it was a good interview? Thought it was a load of *** myself

Like many of Boro fans I have been wanting Gibson to come and speak the truth and to a great extent in that interview he has which I appreciate.

However, it just proves to me that Gibson is completely inadequate these days. He says 'we' have made mistakes when in actual fact it's him who has made mistakes.

Not willing to act on Woodgate which shows shows everything on where we are as a club.

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, RealSlimSladeyy said:

I never said I liked what he said, but he's come out and answered the looming questions.

That it seems that we'll have Woodgate next season, even if he takes us down, worries me greatly, but he's ended the speculation and hope that Woodgate would be ousted before it's too late.

It's also given an indication that he has no intention of selling up any time soon, despite more and more fans speculating that he might.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Borodane said:

So what?!? Get banned then. Write some good articles with journalistic glasses on and I bet you people will find it a lot more interesting to read the paper. Being a mouthpiece of a company doesn't suit any paper and it's embarrasing to witness. You are absolutely right the paper will lose readers if they continue to be slaves to Steve Gibson. I'd like to challenge the Echo to start doing that and steal more readers from the Gazette who are fed up with marriage between the club and paper.

The evening Gazette sacked a younger journalist because he viewed his personal feelings about the club in an article 2 seasons ago and my friend doesn't want to go down that route hence why the Gazette doesnt want to start friction between club and paper and remain a good relationship.

They will lose viewing figures over this because IMO they are a laughing stock right about now and I much prefer the Northern echo because they don't just have ties with MFC so they ain't overly bothered about upsetting the messiah.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, diggerlad07 said:

Like many of Boro fans I have been wanting Gibson to come and speak the truth and to a great extent in that interview he has which I appreciate.

However, it just proves to me that Gibson is completely inadequate these days. He says 'we' have made mistakes when in actual fact it's him who has made mistakes.

Not willing to act on Woodgate which shows shows everything on where we are as a club.

I know people will say he’s damned if he does and damned if he doesn’t. I disagree. If he wants to come out and say something, it should have substance to it. That statement demonstrates two things:

a) Gibson is unwilling to be held accountable for what have largely been his mistakes (as you note, his use of ‘we’ rather than ‘I’) 

b) Gibson is either completely ignorant to the fact Woodgate is inept, or is so arrogant he refuses to accept he dropped the ball with appointing him.

Would I prefer this over complete silence? Yeah, I guess so. But that doesn’t excuse that the actual content of his statement is extremely lacking. 

• Like 1