oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'

5 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

I never said I liked what he said, but he's come out and answered the looming questions.

That it seems that we'll have Woodgate next season, even if he takes us down, worries me greatly, but he's ended the speculation and hope that Woodgate would be ousted before it's too late.

It's also given an indication that he has no intention of selling up any time soon, despite more and more fans speculating that he might.

But you did say it was good. Given the greatly frustrating/worrying content of what he said, I would not label the statement as good. 

• Replies 22.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

Posted Images

For an intelligent guy like Gibson it blows my mind that he’s impressed by Woodgate. He is inarticulate, full of cliches and contradictions. He comes across as pretty unintelligent and doesn’t represent the club well imo. 
I’ve never felt so disillusioned with the club 

• Like 4

I fear that the mistakes Gibson claims to have learned from aren't the same mistakes that I saw the club make, and continue to make. It's all well and good coming out and wittering on about learning from mistakes but we have shown literally no evidence that we actually have learned from them. 

• Like 4
11 hours ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Morrison has fallen out with Woody already...

Haha if this is true then it'll come to no surprise to me. This is exactly what I was sure of would happen. It still blows my mind that we actually signed the nutter. Just another distracting nail in the relegation coffin. Boro in nutshell though.

Going from what Gibson says the only way that Woodgate is going to be sacked if there is a vicious fan backlash against Woodgate and Gibson at Boro games. He only done this interview to try to get the fans onside, especially ahead of tonight when the fans are very likely to turn on Woodgate. If the fans are vocal in their criticism tonight, it could force Gibson into a rethink as he’ll then know he no longer is able to sell his repetitive idiocy to the Boro fans.

• Like 4
46 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Brilliant post Borodane!

I said the exact same thing on FB and was crucified for it.

I am mates with one of the journalists at the evening Gazette and I honestly agree with everything you say - very poor journalism. My friend isn't a MFC fan and put it this way, his personal thoughts on what his happening at the club has never been allowed to be published - take that as you like and that says everything about the relationship and the club.

Yes, he's a friend and I know how journalism works etc but I find it astonishing the amount of strict instructions he has to adhere too.

The Gazette are frightened of upsetting the messiah once again and the risk of getting banned from the club again.

What the Gazette don't seem to understand is the more they publish MFC side of the story and not what the fans actually think, they will eventually lose all MFC viewers/readers. 

Last I heard the Gazette ran a poll internally and they found 33% of their viewers/readers were because of sport related topics.

Oh and btw I know for a fact that 1 of the Gazette journalists posts on this forum (and it isn't my friend as he's not interested in football).

I thought we've known that @Changing Times was Vickers for ages now? 😄

• Haha 2
13 minutes ago, smoggyindonny said:

Think CT is far too critical of the club/manager to be Vickers.  😂

I can't see Vickers having the same positive thoughts about the club in his free time as he has when the club is dictating what he can write. Posting here under an alias is not the same as writing rosy articles for the club as part of your job.

• Like 1

So Gibson is pretty much admitting that we need to rebuild this squad and most of the contracts won't be getting renewed but he's expecting those players who are leaving in the summer to keep us up?

I think Gibson's reputation hangs on us staying up this season, he is clearly gambling on Woodgate (God know's why) and if that gamble doesn't pay off and we go down I think he's going to lose a lot of the fans.

Its interesting to see him quote the other big clubs who have gone down to league 1 as if that makes it acceptable for us to do so. I said on here weeks ago that this will be the new propaganda line in the summer when we go down and its started already.

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, Borodane said:

I can't see Vickers having the same positive thoughts about the club in his free time as he has when the club is dictating what he can write. Posting here under an alias is not the same as writing rosy articles for the club as part of your job.

Probably very cathartic and helps to maintain his sanity if true!

2 minutes ago, Duvel said:

So Gibson is pretty much admitting that we need to rebuild this squad and most of the contracts won't be getting renewed but he's expecting those players who are leaving in the summer to keep us up?

I think Gibson's reputation hangs on us staying up this season, he is clearly gambling on Woodgate (God know's why) and if that gamble doesn't pay off and we go down I think he's going to lose a lot of the fans.

Its interesting to see him quote the other big clubs who have gone down to league 1 as if that makes it acceptable for us to do so. I said on here weeks ago that this will be the new propaganda line in the summer when we go down and its started already.

I think Gibson's reputation is in slightly lower but still in relative appreciative esteem from those over 50 years old. They remember what happened back in 1986. Someone who is 45 years old now would have been ten or eleven years old in '86, certainly old enough to know something was happening but not old enough to really grasp the seriousness of the then situation.

To anyone under 40 years old he is just some rich old bloke that owns the club but seems out of touch with Teesside today. A bit like our parents or grandparents liking Patsy Cline, Jim Reeves, or Harry Secombe, fine for them but not relevant to us and distinctly old fashioned. A huge swathe of fans at the Riverside fall into the 16 to 45 years old category, to them he is just the Chairman of the club like every other club and doing a pretty poor job at it. 

It seems to me that he is still hanging onto a now deluded, misplaced reputation from thirty years ago but nobody near to him dare tell him. I think (sadly) that he may find out that his stock isn't what it once was and that day could be coming very soon.

19 minutes ago, Duvel said:

Yeah it stinks of giving up and getting the excuses in early. 

When in reality, even the loyalest, most rose-tinted fans know there is simply no excuse for this club to be relegated to League 1 this season.

• Like 1
46 minutes ago, smoggyindonny said:

Think CT is far too critical of the club/manager to be Vickers.  😂

Or Vickers uses this forum as an outlet for his real thoughts, so it definitely is CT.

• Like 1

people wanted to know what Gibson's thought are, he's told them and they're still not happy.

I didn't think JW was a good choice with no real coaching experience etc. but he's the one in the seat and will be for the foreseeable so like it or lump it, vote with your feet or don't because either way he ain't going anywhere. UTB