oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'

3 minutes ago, estonpidge said:

people wanted to know what Gibson's thought are, he's told them and they're still not happy.

I didn't think JW was a good choice with no real coaching experience etc. but he's the one in the seat and will be for the foreseeable so like it or lump it, vote with your feet or don't because either way he ain't going anywhere. UTB

In all fairness, he wasn't going to say don't worry I am going to sack him!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Replies 22.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Posted Images

28 minutes ago, estonpidge said:

people wanted to know what Gibson's thought are, he's told them and they're still not happy.

I didn't think JW was a good choice with no real coaching experience etc. but he's the one in the seat and will be for the foreseeable so like it or lump it, vote with your feet or don't because either way he ain't going anywhere. UTB

It's because he is saying nothing. He's not saying anything that is calming my nerves. Nothing to suggest that anything is going to change behind the scenes. Says we've made mistakes but realistically nothing will change behind the scenes. I'm not giving much credit to Gibson but I'm more angry at the Gazettes "reporting".

• Like 1

Just read the Gibson article wow what a load of fantasy delusion soundbites he believes the fans will believe. I honestly believe season ticket sales are down and he wants to like try give them a boost. 

• Like 2

I sort of predicted it really, that Gibson would come out with some stupid PR soundbites and would give all the bravado of "get behind the lads, he has my backing" etc etc. 

The line about backing Woodgate regardless STINKS of Agnew Mark 2, when it was clear that he was out of his depth but we still persisted until a completely uneventful relegation. 

I feel for the gazette in a sense, that article is just pure propaganda the East Germans would've been proud of. 

• Like 2
Just now, GrimsbyBoro said:

I don't feel for the Gazette they have opportunities to ask questions and over and over again fail to be journalists.

I agree with you. One of the obvious questions would have been,"So if Boro are relegated, are you going to stick with Woodgate". They clearly don't have the balls to ask any difficult questions!

• Like 2

It's not even an interview as someone said, it's a club statement written for and published by the Gazette. An interview contains questions that are asked by an interviewer. There's not a single question in this article. When the tweet says he's exclusively spoken to Vickers, that's all it is, Gibson has spoken and the reporter has listened and wrote it into an article.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, RealSlimSladeyy said:

Yep. I've never heard CT use the phrase 'leather-lunged loyalists' when referring to our fans.

I can all but guarantee that were I not to mention that he would do this, CT would from now on refer to us all as 'leather-lunged loyalists'. He may still but I suspect he will be less inclined to do something I'm predicting he will do. 👀

• Haha 2

Not once does Gibson say what the problem is. 
Not once does he say how he’s going to fix it. 

Pathetic piece from the club/gazette, that says nothing the fans couldn’t have said. Only thing he said worthy was confirming Woodgate is not going to be sacked. Delightful. 

The days of Gibson expecting the fans to believe and get behind what he/the club says has gone. We see through the *** spouted and we aren’t as stupid as you think. 

I have never been so discontent with the club as whole, and never felt more parted from it. Almost the whole fanbase is not in agreement with the club, and the divide is getting bigger by the game. 

The Gazette/Gibson article is nothing but a reaffirmation of the Gazettes' total failure to hold MFC to account, as has been the case for years. Toothless reporting, letting the Gibson and the club go unscathed once again. Truly embarrassing from Vickers etc, I doubt the paper will ever regain a reputation that is anything other than a genuine disgrace to journalism. 

Just another reason to feel totally disillusioned from the club, as seems to be the case with every boro fan. Shambles. 

• Like 3

“I share those frustrations and for me it is magnified tenfold because I am the one who will have to shoulder the potential consequences of relegation if the worst happens.

“We don’t want it to happen and we will be fighting tooth and nail to make sure it doesn’t.

“But this is football and there are no guarantees. It can happen. It has happened to some big clubs: Leeds, Wolves, Norwich, Southampton, Leicester have all been in League One in recent years and Sunderland are there now.

“We will be fighting every inch of the way to make sure it doesn’t happen to us.”

I'm mindblown by that interview it almost tepidly admits Gibson's prepared for League 1 but he says we shouldn't worry because it's his pocketbook that will be hit... I really hate how he doesn't seperate HIS pocketbook from the CLUBS pocketbook it's infuriating.

Listen the stuff of Gibson being a fan he says all the time it's become a catchall excuse to mismanage everything at the club I seriously can not believe that's all we get admitting he's made mistakes. The stuff about him praising Woodgate our worst ever manager as a visionary who's shown such amazing things and living up to his promises from the powerpoint presentation that stuff is absolute madness the devotion to his own decisions and self-righteousness that comes with it are a big reason why we're in the financial mess we're in.

The scary and most F'd up thing about our football club is the last person to actually take responsibility here was Gordon Strachan 8 years ago everyone else is kept around and failures rewarded or excused I wonder where that culture has come from...

I thought we were pretty screwed needing 4 wins from 11 before that interview after reading it I think we're completely screwed he's so deep into this 20% win percentage 'project' he's almost accepting Boro going to League 1 to further the project.

Edited by Jamie-H
  • Like 2