• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

Posted Images

3 hours ago, estonpidge said:

people wanted to know what Gibson's thought are, he's told them and they're still not happy.

I didn't think JW was a good choice with no real coaching experience etc. but he's the one in the seat and will be for the foreseeable so like it or lump it, vote with your feet or don't because either way he ain't going anywhere. UTB

That's what happens when someone says something that you believe to be fundamentally ***.  People did want to know what Gibson's thoughts are, now they do, and they completely disagree with him.  Did you really think that Gibson finally saying something would lead to everyone immediately falling into line?

• Like 1
2 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

I can all but guarantee that were I not to mention that he would do this, CT would from now on refer to us all as 'leather-lunged loyalists'. He may still but I suspect he will be less inclined to do something I'm predicting he will do. 👀

No, I can honestly say that I wouldn't use it under any circumstances.  I do have some self respect you know!

6 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

That's what happens when someone says something that you believe to be fundamentally ***.  People did want to know what Gibson's thoughts are, now they do, and they completely disagree with him.  Did you really think that Gibson finally saying something would lead to everyone immediately falling into line?

To be honest everyone normally does fall into line! Like smash the league etc but I think it's got to the point people see through it as the stuff he says never comes to fruition

1 hour ago, Will said:

The thing that annoys me the most is that not once is he asked what the problem is that we've learnt from/are going to learn from. That's not even a case of rocking the boat, that's just basic journalistic endeavour and curiosity. The fact something like that hasn't been asked shows for certain that this is a glorified club PR piece. Maybe Bevington wasn't completely removed from the club 🤔

Based on the rhetoric from the club over the last few years, the mistakes were hiring Orta and Monk.  We never grieved for those guys the way we grieved for Pulis 💩

Gibson says he's learnt from his mistakes but he's made the same ones over and over again with his appointments and lurching from one extreme style of manager to the next. 

I think he's making the same mistake now with Woodgate that he made with Southgate and Agnew. Overrating the ability of a rookie, putting him in a position where he's out of his depth and underestimating the league we are in. 

He's basically talking ***. 

• Like 1

When will Dijksteel be back in the first team?

I know he looked a bit *** when he was fit but I think he could make a decent defensive midfielder and the current lot aren't exactly impressing.

38 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Not at all, i believe in the freedom of speech and the right of the individual to express themselves. But what they really wanted was SG to come out and say "Woodgate, you're fired" so it's just a case of be careful what you wish for, previously people who wanted JW out could cling to that hope now that's been removed, so it's time to either sh*t or get off the pot

9 minutes ago, estonpidge said:

Not at all, i believe in the freedom of speech and the right of the individual to express themselves. But what they really wanted was SG to come out and say "Woodgate, you're fired" so it's just a case of be careful what you wish for, previously people who wanted JW out could cling to that hope now that's been removed, so it's time to either sh*t or get off the pot

I'd say that those people are making their feelings pretty clear.

https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/uk-sports/2017/03/19/chairman-gibson-steve-agnew-can-be-glue-to-unify-middlesbrough/

Gibson came out and said something similar when Karanka left and Agnew took the job on. 

Now I'm praying with all I've got that Gibson is doing this to give them a confidence boost.

However, if he wants to appoint Woodgate long term then he hasnt learnt from his mistakes has he? We've essentially come full circle to not giving an experienced manager a position when we could have escaped relegation. 

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

I do wonder if the fact that we got worse after sacking southgate and he then went on to manage England is in some ways playing into his thoughts. 

We also got worse whilst Southgate was here.  Southgate got the England job because after leaving us he either couldn't or wouldn't get another club job and got a nice cushy role within the FA.  Even then he still only got the job after Allardyce did whatever he did and got the boot.