oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'

Caleb Folan and Chris Killen.

Alex Nimely on bench.

On a serious note. Viduka would be my first pic for sheer tekkers. JFH for sheer "no sh*ts given" finishing.

• Replies 22.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

Posted Images

Not sure if anyone noticed but out the bottom 8 teams in the league, 6 are playing each other this weekend.

Charlton v Us

Wigan v Luton

Stoke v Hull

The other 2 teams in bottom 8 are Huddersfield (away to Leeds) and Barnsley (home to Cardiff).

Could be a MASSIVE weekend.

I think its 3 out the above 8 teams who go down. Huddersfield who sit top of this "8 team mini league" in 17th are on 42pts. 4pts clear of us who obviously occupy the last relegation spot.

Reading in 16th on 45pts are probably safe.

#utb

• Like 3
9 hours ago, TLF10 said:

Not sure if anyone noticed but out the bottom 8 teams in the league, 6 are playing each other this weekend.

Charlton v Us

Wigan v Luton

Stoke v Hull

The other 2 teams in bottom 8 are Huddersfield (away to Leeds) and Barnsley (home to Cardiff).

Could be a MASSIVE weekend.

I think its 3 out the above 8 teams who go down. Huddersfield who sit top of this "8 team mini league" in 17th are on 42pts. 4pts clear of us who obviously occupy the last relegation spot.

Reading in 16th on 45pts are probably safe.

#utb

Interesting. Agree that this could very well be a very decisive weekend. It is certainly a must win game for us.

Best scenario.

Charlton v Boro.... Away win

Wigan v Luton.... Draw/Away win

Stoke v Hull.... Draw

Leeds V Huddersfield..... (Hate to say it.) Home win.

Barnsley V Cardiff..... Away win

Also. It would be better for us to see Birmingham beat Reading as I am not sure they are completly out of the mix yet.

Edited by BoroAbroad
5 hours ago, Ayresome7 said:

1.png

2.png

Saw this posted with an article about Nottm Forest and FFP. 

It illustrates how poorly we’re run to have such a high wage bill and average wage, especially when compared to the likes of Brentford Sheffield United and Leeds who are far better on and off the pitch that us. We absolutely deserve to be relegated for being so poorly run behind the scenes and tactically set up so poorly on match days by Woodgate. However, Gibson and Woodgate will no doubt come out with the “we were very unlucky” line if we get relegated as expected.

• Like 4

When are those Boro numbers from? Some clubs say 2019 and others don’t have a number. We haven’t released our accounts yet so are they from 2018? I’d suggest that the current boro numbers are significantly lower than those in the graphs after the departure of some high earners like Braithwaite and Randolph and Flint. 

10 minutes ago, Borodane said:

When are those Boro numbers from? Some clubs say 2019 and others don’t have a number. We haven’t released our accounts yet so are they from 2018? I’d suggest that the current boro numbers are significantly lower than those in the graphs after the departure of some high earners like Braithwaite and Randolph and Flint. 

Downing too. Add that to the fact our last Prem contracts and majority of silly season barring Britt come to an end this season and I think we are considerably lower than that.

Lack of ambition imo is more our issue, despite what Gibson says.

If we were to win then those games mentioned as being draws then I would prefer a win out of them as it allows a 3 point gain/advantage instead of 1, which would be the preference if we did not win of course

5 hours ago, Borodane said:

They are from the period up until June 2018.

11 hours ago, Ayresome7 said:

1.png

2.png

Saw this posted with an article about Nottm Forest and FFP. 

Even allowing for our figures to be a bit out of date, it illustrates how much more cost-cutting will be necessary, if we do drop into League 1, where the average player wage (or so I've read) is around £8k. Can be as low as £3k with a top end around £15k.

8 hours ago, BoroAbroad said:

Interesting. Agree that this could very well be a very decisive weekend. It is certainly a must win game for us.

Best scenario.

Charlton v Boro.... Away win

Wigan v Luton.... Draw/Away win

Stoke v Hull.... Draw

Leeds V Huddersfield..... (Hate to say it.) Home win.

Barnsley V Cardiff..... Away win

Also. It would be better for us to see Birmingham beat Reading as I am not sure they are completly out of the mix yet.

I'm going to pray that best case scenario comes true.

3 hours ago, AnglianRed said:

Even allowing for our figures to be a bit out of date, it illustrates how much more cost-cutting will be necessary, if we do drop into League 1, where the average player wage (or so I've read) is around £8k. Can be as low as £3k with a top end around £15k.

Average wage in League 1 is 8k a week? Not a chance. Those figures would be far more reflective on the Championship than L1.

On 3/2/2020 at 6:00 PM, GrimsbyBoro said:

AnglianRed I agree on both points. I feel like Lamb turned Gibbo's head with the thought that they could bring in Strachan.

I was probably one of the few but I wished we had kept AK. I think we would most likely be in the prem now or spent the last few years as a yo-yo club. 

With hindsight we would have been better keeping AK but there were other forces at play within the club that made his position almost untenable. The main reason was that he knew more about football than our Chairman and having an opinion on things didn't fit in with the job description and so the Tee Tee Teessiders won the day and we are still counting the cost and it isn't over yet!

• Like 2