oneBoro Forum
LukeR

'Other Boro stuff'

Maybe the prem clubs/players should let some of that sweet sweet tv money trickle down into the lower leagues... a chance to correct their greedy reputations 

24 minutes ago, RealSlimSladeyy said:

Maybe the prem clubs/players should let some of that sweet sweet tv money trickle down into the lower leagues... a chance to correct their greedy reputations 

Yes considering quite a few of these players will have started their careers at some of these lower league clubs, short memories or just plain selfish. 

2 hours ago, RealSlimSladeyy said:

But the whole purpose of forming the Premier League was so that the big clubs creamed off all the money and made them even bigger, go hang everyone else. Time for the FA to take back control.

Football insider is linking us with Sheff Weds soon to be out of contract Morgan Fox. A 26 year old left back who Sheff Wed are keen to keep. 

Report also states left back is one of Boro priority positions this summer.

I might be wrong but I am sure football insider were fairly reliable for boro news over summer. Unless I have them mixed up with some other site.

It's a strange one unless we have indeed already given up on Bola.

10 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

It's a strange one unless we have indeed already given up on Bola.

If Friend is released or not seen as a LB anymore and Coulson is going to play on the wing then we need another and a steady free signing with some experience is sensible deal. Will take some pressure off Bola too.

Hello everyone,

Hope you are all well,

I see ROI have bought forward  theyu21 boss appointment as boss of senior teams to replace Mick McCarthy.

Does anyone know if that means Robbie Keane also left?

Cant find anything other than FA thanking Mick and his staff for they work.

Hello everyone,

Hope you are all well,

I see ROI have bought forward  theyu21 boss appointment as boss of senior teams to replace Mick McCarthy.

35 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Hello everyone,

Hope you are all well,

As is typical of the FAI Robbie Keane signed a 4 year deal at the time that McCarthy signed a 2 year deal so he still has a contract. However it is understood that Stephen Kenny does not want him in the senior set up. Kenny wishes to work with Keith Andrews as his assistant and Damien Duff as coach.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Blanco said:

As is typical of the FAI Robbie Keane signed a 4 year deal at the time that McCarthy signed a 2 year deal so he still has a contract. However it is understood that Stephen Kenny does not want him in the senior set up. Kenny wishes to work with Keith Andrews as his assistant and Damien Duff as coach.

Wonder who Sky sports would employ to slate boro if Keith Andrews goes...🤔

• Like 1

@Blanco. Looks like Robbie Keane could be on his way out as assistant boss? As you said above, Andrews and Duff have now been confirmed as part of new set up. Apparently there was a rumour Keane could take over u21S but that not happening as u21 boss also been confirmed.

40 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

@Blanco. Looks like Robbie Keane could be on his way out as assistant boss? As you said above, Andrews and Duff have now been confirmed as part of new set up. Apparently there was a rumour Keane could take over u21S but that not happening as u21 boss also been confirmed.

FAI are trying to save face regarding Keane. Personally I think he will be paid off to leave

'We're in discussions with Robbie' - Keane could still have role with FAI - That’s a quote from over here in Ireland from the new CEO.

37 minutes ago, Blanco said:

FAI are trying to save face regarding Keane. Personally I think he will be paid off to leave

'We're in discussions with Robbie' - Keane could still have role with FAI - That’s a quote from over here in Ireland from the new CEO.

It seems that way. Oh well. He can just focus on our being our assistant manager then.

• Like 1

On this day 2008, does anyone remember this game? I thought Alves was going to be a superstar for us after this. 

10 minutes ago, Duvel said:

On this day 2008, does anyone remember this game? I thought Alves was going to be a superstar for us after this. 

Yep... watched it with my best mate and his United supporting family. As usual, I well and truly got my comeuppance for daring to be cocky about the Boro!