oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'

2 hours ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

I thought it was 2, perhaps he gave a way a penalty or something. It’s all very hazy. 

Brentford scored a goal against us that took a deflection off of him, but it wasn't close to an own goal, loads of fans seem to count it at as one though.

• Replies 22.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Brentford scored a goal against us that took a deflection off of him, but it wasn't close to an own goal, loads of fans seem to count it at as one though.

That must be where I got that from. 

4 hours ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

See what I mean, I came across an article where Rooney claimed that Morrison was a better player than Pogba and I had to double check that we’d signed him, I thought it may have been me on football manager. 

I saw an article saying we signed him and went to dismiss it... then shrugged and agreed it was definitely something Boro would do. 

Sorry haven't been on here for a while... having to look after my health during these uncertain times. Ayala has gone and they have purchased a house in London. That said I don't know the club. Robert's is available though not sure we could afford him... same with Moukoudi. As Digger said told Gibbo is all but done loan to perm but be interesting to see how it plays out in these uncertain times.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
5 hours ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Sorry haven't been on here for a while... having to look after my health during these uncertain times. Ayala has gone and they have purchased a house in London. That said I don't know the club. Robert's is available though not sure we could afford him... same with Moukoudi. As Digger said told Gibbo is all but done loan to perm but be interesting to see how it plays out in these uncertain times.

Thank you for the information pal. Much appreciated. Hope you are keeping well. 

15 hours ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

I didn't think players could discuss contracts with domestic clubs before a month prior to their current contract expires. Probably just a formality in real life anyway as his agent will have it sorted. I can see us being prized out of Roberts and Moukoudi because we will spent way too much on Gibson leaving us scrambling for league 1 players again.

32 minutes ago, Borodane said:

I didn't think players could discuss contracts with domestic clubs before a month prior to their current contract expires. Probably just a formality in real life anyway as his agent will have it sorted. I can see us being prized out of Roberts and Moukoudi because we will spent way too much on Gibson leaving us scrambling for league 1 players again.

There is little point thinking about transfers until we know if and when the league will continue and under what conditions.

The season needs 54 days to complete and 3 weeks “pre season” for the players. The FA say that the season has to be finished by 31st July due to contracts. I just can’t see the season being completed and who knows when the next will start?

27 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

What's everyone's opinion on Browne getting another chance next season? Seems to have done well at Oxford since January.

Definitely give him another chance. He had a difficult first half a season and didn’t seem to help himself when he did get a chance (getting sent off at Swansea the obvious example). But he came into a team a division higher than where he’d played most of his football, a team in a period of transition, and a team that was almost instantly drastically underperforming. He’s only 22 and in a more stable set up at Oxford (admittedly a league below) he seemed to be flourishing. Writing him off now would be unfair, he still has a great chance of stepping up to championship level - plus we’re not exactly blessed on the wings! 

Edited by RealSlimSladeyy
  • Like 4
1 hour ago, RealSlimSladeyy said:

Definitely give him another chance. He had a difficult first half a season and didn’t seem to help himself when he did get a chance (getting sent off at Swansea the obvious example). But he came into a team a division higher than where he’d played most of his football, a team in a period of transition, and a team that was almost instantly drastically underperforming. He’s only 22 and in a more stable set up at Oxford (admittedly a league below) he seemed to be flourishing. Writing him off now would be unfair, he still has a great chance of stepping up to championship level - plus we’re not exactly blessed on the wings! 

Agree with all this. Definitely bring him back. He seems to have something in his locker which if used correctly can be valuable. Anyone follow his progress at Oxford. I heard they were using him in a midfield 3 as opposed to a front 3?

1 hour ago, TLF10 said:

Agree with all this. Definitely bring him back. He seems to have something in his locker which if used correctly can be valuable. Anyone follow his progress at Oxford. I heard they were using him in a midfield 3 as opposed to a front 3?

From what I've read, hes been deployed as an advanced attacking midfielder (in a three), a winger and even as a striker in couple of instances.

I think he would flourish for us if we played a 4231 formation, he could play anywhere in that 3 behind a striker.

I reckon along side Wing and Roberts it could be pretty successful 

The Club have put the highlights of our promotion season online yesterday. It's emotional stuff that certainly gets the nostalgia flowing; What I'd give to have us anything close to that team on the pitch for us. It's such a shame that we're directionless under a novice manager that has so far shown no leadership qualities of note, but Steve Gibson is undoubtedly going to put loads of unfounded faith in him. If you have close to 2 hours to have a nostalgia overload then you should give it a watch:

• Like 1