oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'

If Lyle Taylor and co are worried about dying from covid then no amount of money would be enough to get them on the pitch. 

I can understand them not wanting to play for the owner but how about playing for the fans, for your team mates and your manager? 

It looks to me like he doesn't want to risk his big money move, I can understand it but I wouldn't be happy if I was a Charlton fan. I'm not sure he's the type of character I want playing for us either. 

• Replies 22.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

Posted Images

9 hours ago, TLF10 said:

@nunthorpered you get any boro related snippets please?

Ayala was offered a decent contract in Jan but wanted to look round. He's been a good pro about it though. Also think the league might be introducing squad and wage caps across the board. Apart from that i have heard nothing, which is hardly surprising whats been going on

• Like 1
2 hours ago, sackrobson2 said:

Not doing anything wrong?  Isn't he refusing to play while under contract?  He's presumably contracted and being paid until at least 30 June, maybe longer depending on whether or not contracts are adjusted for the current situation.  

I posted that when I'd thought he was only refusing to play after his contract ends, I didn't realise he was flat out refusing to return even before then, which obviously isn't on.

But I think he can use fear of the virus as a reason for not returning, as the authorities had already said nobody has to return to training if they don't feel safe.

They can't extend his contract without his permission.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Duvel said:

If Lyle Taylor and co are worried about dying from covid then no amount of money would be enough to get them on the pitch. 

I can understand them not wanting to play for the owner but how about playing for the fans, for your team mates and your manager? 

It looks to me like he doesn't want to risk his big money move, I can understand it but I wouldn't be happy if I was a Charlton fan. I'm not sure he's the type of character I want playing for us either. 

If it's true he's not getting paid anyway; I'm even less surprised he wants to sit out.

I love how people are saying they don't want Lyle Taylor because of his attitude and refusing to play for Charlton, yet they are all for signing Ben Gibson.

Ben Gibson didn't refuse to play for Burnley but he refused to train at Burnley which for me is just as bad.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, diggerlad07 said:

I love how people are saying they don't want Lyle Taylor because of his attitude and refusing to play for Charlton, yet they are all for signing Ben Gibson.

Ben Gibson didn't refuse to play for Burnley but he refused to train at Burnley which for me is just as bad.

Shocking if true. I'd imagine Burnley aren't paying him if his refusing to come to work! If he wasn't a Boro lad I wouldn't go near him, but having those ties with Boro I can't imagine him ever doing something that could harm the club.

I've no issue with the club signing Lyle Taylor, at least not when it comes to his attitude.

He's 30, and has played one half season above League One level, he'll probably never get a bigger move than his next one, the only chance of him moving beyond that is giving his all.

43 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Couldn't care less about Gibson to be honest. 

11 minutes ago, Snowblind said:

Why are people saying Taylor is a disgrace?

Do you go to work during a pandemic of a deadly virus without payment...? Doubt it.

Hasn't he been paid?

18 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

I agree. I’m really not interested in signing him. A total of what few resources we have. 

If we can sell Fry for any kind of inflated fee and then put it towards perm deals for Gibson and Moukoudi, it sounds like smart business. Both much better players.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Hasn't he been paid?

That's the insinuation from various quarters - @nunthorpered mentioned it yesterday, and some journalists have started to pick up on it too.

They needed to raise £700k by the end of last week, but each takeover fell by the wayside, mainly due to the make up of the debts at the club and how toxic their finances have become.

It seems Taylor, Solly, etc have told the club they won't play and won't extend their deals to see out the season when they're not getting paid to do so. There's far more to it that meets the eye, and it's expected to come out into the open in the coming days. 

Charlton are in deep, deep trouble.

27 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Hasn't he been paid?

That seems to be what nunthorpered is hinting at. They have been going through some major issues between their owner & their chairman, so it adds up. No concrete evidence yet.