Jump to content
oneBoro Forum
LukeR

'Other Boro stuff'

Recommended Posts

A tenner a pop to watch the kind of quality stream that's been used to date on that service is a bit of a joke, without even taking into account the probability that the servers will never be able to handle it. 

 

Anyone know if other championship teams are following the same pricing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Smoggydownsouth you were right about the practice match between the squad taken place at Riverside today. Club has released pictures of it.

I had a flick through and note Nmecha was back with the squad. Only person I did not see amongst the pictures was Dani Ayala. Obviously Dijksteel and Gibsons absence from today is more self explanatory. Everyone else seemed present.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Neverbefore said:

A tenner a pop to watch the kind of quality stream that's been used to date on that service is a bit of a joke, without even taking into account the probability that the servers will never be able to handle it. 

 

Anyone know if other championship teams are following the same pricing?

It's the standard price within the UK, as far as I can see.

I've checked a dozen clubs, got bored before I finished the full 24.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

It's the standard price within the UK, as far as I can see.

I've checked a dozen clubs, got bored before I finished the full 24.

 

It is, Tuesday night games were always £10 a game for UK viewers, so it doesn't terribly surprise me they've kept their pricing structure the same. Although it is a little disappointing, just not surprising.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Glad I've got a season ticket, so I've effectively got 5 of the 9 matches for free, though I'm fully expecting the stream to crash or not work with 18,000 season ticket holders (though I presume it's one stream per househould).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Brunners said:

It is, Tuesday night games were always £10 a game for UK viewers, so it doesn't terribly surprise me they've kept their pricing structure the same. Although it is a little disappointing, just not surprising.

I thought it was a fiver for a home game and a tenner for an away game? And all the Tuesday games were on the red button? Has it been so long since I watched football that I've gone mad?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

I thought it was a fiver for a home game and a tenner for an away game? And all the Tuesday games were on the red button? Has it been so long since I watched football that I've gone mad?

Always been £10.

It was £5 for people based outside the UK.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

I thought it was a fiver for a home game and a tenner for an away game? And all the Tuesday games were on the red button? Has it been so long since I watched football that I've gone mad?

Boro weren't on the red button for quite a while, honestly. I thought it was a flat £10 for all because they upped the coverage?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

@Smoggydownsouth you were right about the practice match between the squad taken place at Riverside today. Club has released pictures of it.

I had a flick through and note Nmecha was back with the squad. Only person I did not see amongst the pictures was Dani Ayala. Obviously Dijksteel and Gibsons absence from today is more self explanatory. Everyone else seemed present.

Whilst the noises from inside suggest Ayala will play I still dont see it... Leeds have stepped up there interest along with Fulham and Crystal Palace. Gibson not allowed to play etc and Djiksteel prob wont be seen until next season. The club are actively pushing ahead with targets... 2 lists around 8 or 9 players on each list dependant where were playing. Also Everton have asked us to keep them up to date if we sell Fry. The feeling behind the scenes is he will move on and money will be used to strengthen in the summer whilst helping balance the books. Howson will only sign once were safe. Other things going on but nothing set in stone. Once it changes in will share.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you believe any of the other out of contract players will be offered a new contract if we stay in the Championship? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Whilst the noises from inside suggest Ayala will play I still dont see it... Leeds have stepped up there interest along with Fulham and Crystal Palace. Gibson not allowed to play etc and Djiksteel prob wont be seen until next season. The club are actively pushing ahead with targets... 2 lists around 8 or 9 players on each list dependant where were playing. Also Everton have asked us to keep them up to date if we sell Fry. The feeling behind the scenes is he will move on and money will be used to strengthen in the summer whilst helping balance the books. Howson will only sign once were safe. Other things going on but nothing set in stone. Once it changes in will share.

Thank you as always for the info. When you say there are 2 lists of 8 or 9 players. Does that mean we are looking to sign 8 or 9 new players?  Probs make sense if 5 out the 7 out of contract players are leaving along with a handful of loan players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TeaCider24 said:

Always been £10.

It was £5 for people based outside the UK.

I always found this crazy it would be £10 you switch your VPN on it's suddenly £5 🤯

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Maccarone said:

Do you believe any of the other out of contract players will be offered a new contract if we stay in the Championship? 

I must be honest I havent been told anything on this. I will ask. My own feeling is their will be quite a turnover of players this summer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, DurhamRed said:

I always found this crazy it would be £10 you switch your VPN on it's suddenly £5 🤯

My main concern is if the highlights will be shown on Quest!:classic_dry:

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

I must be honest I havent been told anything on this. I will ask. My own feeling is their will be quite a turnover of players this summer.

The market this summer is going to be for the brave.. I can see a lot of clubs trying to massively cut wage bills with a lot of players on offer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



  • Latest Posts

    • Not really interested in what, should or could have happened I’m just pleased for 3 points and to be sure of survival we still need a couple more from the last two games. I drove past our stadium yesterday afternoon and said to my son, can you smell it, of course he said it’s the river, but I was referring to the @@@@ managing the club and on the pitch.  Is that a stadium built for the third division I asked and sadly he replied, who really cares anymore. My thought were of course he is right and why would the next generation be busting a gut to get in and strengthen there lungs belting out songs of support and allegiance, just what have they done over the past few years to be proud off. The point I’m getting to is the failure and demise is not about what league the club chooses to be in, it is about the failure to engage the next generation of supports to ensure it’s survival. Why have a club if no one cares?     
    • Thanks John OP edited but surely it would be what Geordie guys say? Could be both depending on how the o is pronounced!
    • Isn't that what Geordie lasses call their boobs?
    • Johnson is a league one player. Apart from a few crosses into the box he’s nowhere near championship quality. If we are relegated then give him a new contract but most certainly not if we are in the championship. Signing league one players is one of the main reasons we are in this mess. 
    • You are all aware that I gave him the opportunity to stop being a prat and be part of the forum, indeed the man himself stated he would like to stay but sadly once again and without being banned he chose a new guise and therefore broke forum rules about multiple accounts. His latest disguises are no longer welcome and are now deleted. Adam know doubt you will read this before trying to find away to get back but everyone susses you out and simply put please stay off from the forum.
×
×
  • Create New...