oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'

9 minutes ago, Tarmo said:

Disappointed about Ayala but not surprised. I'd imagine our contract offer to him was pitiful.

A lot of fans going to turn on him after this, which is a shame because he's been immense for us at times.

Shotton, Makoudi and Fry as the CB options now. Brutal. 

we offered him a brilliant contract in Jan but he wanted to explore his options

• Replies 22.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, Tarmo said:

Disappointed about Ayala but not surprised. I'd imagine our contract offer to him was pitiful.

A lot of fans going to turn on him after this, which is a shame because he's been immense for us at times.

Shotton, Makoudi and Fry as the CB options now. Brutal. 

Excellent post man. You know your stuff. 

2 minutes ago, nunthorpered said:

we offered him a brilliant contract in Jan but he wanted to explore his options

From what I heard it was far from excellent. Reduced wages of 30% isn't exactly excellent in my eyes.

2 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

From what I heard it was far from excellent. Reduced wages of 30% isn't exactly excellent in my eyes.

In Jan it was 20k. Boro knew theyd have to spend at least that contract value trying to get someone in, so they offered him good money to save them trying to draft someone decent in. I had good info on this. Whether things changed with this whole situation im not in the know, but knew for a fact in Jan this is what they put on the table and he still wouldnt take it

9 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

No one is going to turn on him, he’s given us the best years of his career.

Football fans surely aren’t that fickle are they?

From a football fans perspective, it will be he should stay and fight for the team etc etc.  However in his shoes it must be to look after himself and his family. Once the decision has been made, he should be told not to come near the club again this season, shake his hand and wave him off. It wont help with him being there whilst the other players need to get their heads down.

3 minutes ago, nunthorpered said:

In Jan it was 20k. Boro knew theyd have to spend at least that contract value trying to get someone in, so they offered him good money to save them trying to draft someone decent in. I had good info on this. Whether things changed with this whole situation im not in the know, but knew for a fact in Jan this is what they put on the table and he still wouldnt take it

Well 20k must of been reduced terms on what he currently earns then because all players who were are interested in giving contract extensions will be on significantly reduced terms . 

I got told only Howson (depending on division we are in) and Friend were the only players, but Marv may come into that equation now because I think he's had a decent season (which is very worrying!)

Best thing our hierarchy have done in a long time!  

Disappointed but not surprised by Ayala news.

@Tarmo. I dont think 2 out of 3 of Fry, Moukoudi and Shotton is that bad. Even if we go to 3 at the back. Obv Ayala is our best CB but calling them 3 centre backs as being a "brutal" choice is harsh imo.

• Like 1