oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'

Not terribly surprised. Can't exactly blame him either. If I was 29 years old and had legs made of papier-mâché, I'd probably sit out these nine games after not playing anything competitive for 3+ months. Especially if a 40k per week contract was on the line if I got hurt.

• Like 1
  • Replies 22.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Posted Images

It's a huge shame to lose another of the old guard, especially in such a distasteful way.

It may completely tarnish him in the eyes of fans if we were to go down.

But defence isn't really our problem, we've got a comfortably mid-table defensive record, but the worst goal scoring record in the league.

What Ayala has done is outrageous the club have developed him into one of the best championship center backs their is yet he is showing no appreciation of this. However he is so injury prone and makes such costly mistakes in games at times i don't care he is leaving 

• Like 2

Karanka had the right measure of Ayala’s character years ago when he questioned his lack of commitment due to the mystery injuries. Ayala has absolutely ruined his reputation here. With him virtually certain to leave us for Leeds anyway, it’s all the more insulting.

His wife’s Instagram post is comical. She’s said in the comments that the truth will come out soon... Maybe he’s going to announce that he’s in fact 99% serpent?

6C79E71F-71D5-4A4A-8AA8-4B897764116C.png

• Like 3
54 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

Why does Ayala want to play on the bench for Leeds at his age anyway? He won’t be a first team player

He's also a Red card waiting to happen 

1 hour ago, diggerlad07 said:

Well 20k must of been reduced terms on what he currently earns then because all players who were are interested in giving contract extensions will be on significantly reduced terms . 

I got told only Howson (depending on division we are in) and Friend were the only players, but Marv may come into that equation now because I think he's had a decent season (which is very worrying!)

Best thing our hierarchy have done in a long time!  

Think Ayala was towards the 30 mark, so lines up really. I was also told about the 10k salary cap that might be coming in too, and that the top youth players might be able to be paid more because their wages arent being counted towards FFP. 

His wife is denying that Ayala is refusing to play for us. Given his history of using injuries to avoid playing, it wouldn’t surprise me if he claims that he isn’t refusing to play but that his “mysterious injury” has appeared again.

C1B2BF9E-98EC-4EE6-9E74-13162B332C11.png

ah she is obviously going to try and defend him 

18 minutes ago, p_mards said:

His wife is denying that Ayala is refusing to play for us. Given his history of using injuries to avoid playing, it wouldn’t surprise me if he claims that he isn’t refusing to play but that his “mysterious injury” has appeared again.

C1B2BF9E-98EC-4EE6-9E74-13162B332C11.png

1 minute ago, Johnmfc81 said:

Wonder what she means by the truth will come out soon? 

I am gonna bet something like this....

Daniel was offered a short term contract on significantly less money than his contract one. He felt the club were not showing enough loyalty to a player who has been there 7years. He decided to decline and JW has told Ayala he will not be selected for the 2 games prior to contract expiry...

• Like 2

Everyone is just assuming ayala isnt honouring his contract but I'd say the far more likely thing is that hes refusing to extend as he has a  better offer from a better placed team for us, doesnt want to sign a new deal with us so weve said theres no point in him sticking around to play two games so we may part ways now and play players who are still going to be here for the whole run in so they can obtain match fitness. 

If that's the scenario then I absoutely cannot blame anyone invoked. I'll always love ayala, the best defender weve had over the last 11 years or so, sad to see him go.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Daniel was offered a short term contract on significantly less money than his contract one. He felt the club were not showing enough loyalty to a player who has been there 7years. He decided to decline and JW has told Ayala he will not be selected for the 2 games prior to contract expiry...

Sounds quite likely, thanks for that 

7 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Yeah I can imagine Ayala wanting that sort of account to come out. However, considering we’re in a relegation battle and we will only be left with three senior CB’s, I couldn’t understand Woodgate - as incompetent as he is - making the decision to leave Ayala out of the remaining games of his contract. He’s our best CB by a significant margin.

2 hours ago, Tarmo said:

Disappointed about Ayala but not surprised. I'd imagine our contract offer to him was pitiful.

A lot of fans going to turn on him after this, which is a shame because he's been immense for us at times.

Shotton, Makoudi and Fry as the CB options now. Brutal. 

That's the reality we are in though, we would be suicidal to even consider the kind of contracts Ayala is on. All we can do is offer what we can afford and if it's not enough, then move on

It's been clear as day all season that he'd be leaving, its the timing that is the rubbish part. Both from the club and player/agent, as clearly they all knew this was coming yet carried on like he'd play these final games