Jump to content
oneBoro Forum
LukeR

'Other Boro stuff'

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, diggerlad07 said:

I have no reason to doubt him, my information is 3rd hand information but he was at Steve Gibson's wedding so I I would say it's pretty accurate.

I am asking for more information but he's limited to what he can say atm but like Lurker said in earlier post that it's a very complex situation.

I wasn't informed regarding selling the club like Lurker was so maybe he could give more information to that.

I don’t know much more than what I’ve said. 
 

Basically, they’re up for more than breaking the FFP rules. 
It’s the price of the stadium (same as others)

Date of Sale 

Date of purchasing company’s incorporation

Financing of the purchase. 
 

The final 3 have resulted in a greater penalty than what others have/will get if found guilty.

Funny that a Rick Parry legal case could save our season

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Lurker said:

The final 3 have resulted in a greater penalty than what others have/will get if found guilty.

Funny that a Rick Parry legal case could save our season

Fingers crossed... as we certainly don't look like playing ourselves out of trouble. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I don’t know much more than what I’ve said. 
 

Basically, they’re up for more than breaking the FFP rules. 
It’s the price of the stadium (same as others)

Date of Sale 

Date of purchasing company’s incorporation

Financing of the purchase. 
 

The final 3 have resulted in a greater penalty than what others have/will get if found guilty.

Funny that a Rick Parry legal case could save our season

Apparently Gibson has now got the majority of the backing of league's chairman in his case against suing the EFL regarding breaking of the FFP regulations.

I can't see how this can be ignored and it may have a reason on why the EFL are looking into the possibility of introducing a salary cap across the board (Finally!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Apparently Gibson has now got the majority of the backing of league's chairman in his case against suing the EFL regarding breaking of the FFP regulations.

I can't see how this can be ignored and it may have a reason on why the EFL are looking into the possibility of introducing a salary cap across the board (Finally!)

Wow. Sounds like some big chanhges forthcoming. It'll be interesting to see the Wedensday penalty and when the news will break. Currently I'm the itk guy on a Danish football forum. Hilarious🤣

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How 'typical Boro' will it be when both Wednesday and Wigan take massive point deductions, yet we still finish in the bottom 3 😕 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, boroie said:

How 'typical Boro' will it be when both Wednesday and Wigan take massive point deductions, yet we still finish in the bottom 3 😕 

Well then we’ll make something up about some other team 👍

  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, boroie said:

How 'typical Boro' will it be when both Wednesday and Wigan take massive point deductions, yet we still finish in the bottom 3 😕 

I reckon we should start campaigning for Boro to have a points addition.

On the grounds that we're rubbish so the games haven't been fair. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lol the only hope boro have on staying up is clubs being deducted points for being naughty or bankrupt. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had a complete change of mind we will be ok due to the mess others have got themselves into and that we are about to go on a five game unbeaten run.

My time machine recently finished allowed me to go into the future and I am pleased to report that all will be well.

I will not allow myself to tell you how next season finished

  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

Had a complete change of mind we will be ok due to the mess others have got themselves into and that we are about to go on a five game unbeaten run.

My time machine recently finished allowed me to go into the future and I am pleased to report that all will be well.

I will not allow myself to tell you how next season finished

Will you at least confirm we score another goal? Or is 5 0-0 draws enough to save us?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just been reading on the sheff wed forum, they seem to think they won't be given a points deduction until they are safe from relegation and then given a small deduction that still keeps them up. If they are given a deduction that sees them in the bottom and relegated they will appeal the punishment and that could continue for months to come meaning the league cannot arrange the next seasons fixtures

They also dislike Gibbo for obvious reasons and would love to relegate us on the last day of the season.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Four draws from our last four games got us promoted a few seasons ago. Maybe four draws will keep us up this year? (Four draws plus massive points deductions for all the naughty clubs).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ballyclover said:

Just been reading on the sheff wed forum, they seem to think they won't be given a points deduction until they are safe from relegation and then given a small deduction that still keeps them up. If they are given a deduction that sees them in the bottom and relegated they will appeal the punishment and that could continue for months to come meaning the league cannot arrange the next seasons fixtures

They also dislike Gibbo for obvious reasons and would love to relegate us on the last day of the season.

Honestly can't understand the attitude of backing their owners when they've blatantly cheated.

I'd be embarassed.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, ballyclover said:

Just been reading on the sheff wed forum, they seem to think they won't be given a points deduction until they are safe from relegation and then given a small deduction that still keeps them up. If they are given a deduction that sees them in the bottom and relegated they will appeal the punishment and that could continue for months to come meaning the league cannot arrange the next seasons fixtures

They also dislike Gibbo for obvious reasons and would love to relegate us on the last day of the season.

The point of bringing the hearing forward is to give them the deduction during the season. 

Either way there'll be an appeal. The deduction will be greater than 9 points for the reasons I've said above. 

The reason why they're saying all that is that's what they're hoping happens.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, ballyclover said:

Just been reading on the sheff wed forum, they seem to think they won't be given a points deduction until they are safe from relegation and then given a small deduction that still keeps them up. If they are given a deduction that sees them in the bottom and relegated they will appeal the punishment and that could continue for months to come meaning the league cannot arrange the next seasons fixtures

They also dislike Gibbo for obvious reasons and would love to relegate us on the last day of the season.

HaHa. No matter what if any punishment, the appeal to prevent next season fromstarting sounds a bit like blackmail to me. Good luck to them with that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



  • Latest Posts

    • I don't disagree with that, but they had us chasing their backsides all over the Riverside a couple of months ago, with Amos running the show.
    • Shame we are playing Wycombe so late in season. Seem to be struggling early doors to find they feet in the league so would have been nice to have played them fairly early doors.
    • Not sure where the idea that QPR are a particularly good side is coming from. They were in horrific form at the end of last season and they've sold or lost their two best players since then. Not saying that means we'll win, but QPR are a bottom half Championship side and exactly the sort of the team we should be beating if we're aiming to be more than that ourselves.
    • Him and ayew will be involved in some goals this year. Lowe isn’t bad either. Decent front three. 
    • I think today might be the day we stop gifting goals I'll go 2 0 Britt off the mark and Hall scoring from a set piece against his old club. Hoping to see no audio issues, Morsy from the start, McNair nowhere near our corners and an Akpom cameo.
×
×
  • Create New...