oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/neil-warnock-plans-steve-gibson-18616014

Good interview there with Warnock, never expected Warnock would be reading OneBoro though what a turn that was!

"I shouldn't look at notice boards, I know, but when you look at the doom and gloom when we got beat by QPR and Hull."

Also jokes about wanting an open top bus around Boro for himself to give the fans a chance to appreciate him tongue in cheek, also says the 'spine' needs 5 or 6 new players, I assume he's eyeing the 5/6 starting lineup and then filling out the squad beyond that number. Like him or hate him he definitely isn't Pulis who spent most of his press time groveling or complaining.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Replies 22.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/neil-warnock-plans-steve-gibson-18616014

Good interview there with Warnock, never expected Warnock would be reading OneBoro though what a turn that was!

"I shouldn't look at notice boards, I know, but when you look at the doom and gloom when we got beat by QPR and Hull."

I think he's more a comeonboro type of guy... 

• Haha 1
33 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

I like Warnock (I don't like his politics however) but I don't think he's the right man to rebuild this team.

I don’t like or agree with your politics. But you seem to work hard, prioritise your family and support the Boro. So it has very little to do with the way you operate as a bloke so I don’t mention it. I just find it hard to understand why you feel the need to reference it in regards to Warnock 🤷‍♂️

49 minutes ago, Uwe said:

I don’t like or agree with your politics. But you seem to work hard, prioritise your family and support the Boro. So it has very little to do with the way you operate as a bloke so I don’t mention it. I just find it hard to understand why you feel the need to reference it in regards to Warnock 🤷‍♂️

Do you even know my politics? As I'm pretty unsure of them myself, to be fair!

I suppose NW's political views aren't relevant to his skills as a manager and it could have been construed as a bit of a cheap shot.

Still don't think he's the right man to rebuild this team however, and due to his age I don't see him sticking around for more than a season, maybe two at most

(oh no now I'm ageist)

17 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

I suppose NW's political views aren't relevant to his skills as a manager and it could have been construed as a bit of a cheap shot.

Still don't think he's the right man to rebuild this team however, and due to his age I don't see him sticking around for more than a season, maybe two at most

(oh no now I'm ageist)

Ronald Reagan was 73 when he commenced his second term  becoming one of the USA's most popular Presidents 😀

• Haha 1
20 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

(oh no now I'm ageist)

Without wanting to derail the thread and we don’t chat politics on the forum. The political POV was that I get the impression you’re a labour voter. Which in my view would lean you towards the social left, I’m more conservative which would lean me towards the capitalist right. Two contrasting ideas..... But that’s not the point, the point is regardless you still carry out the things I deem important/deserving of respect-Family,work, Boro (Although not always in that order 😉) so regardless of your or my political leanings they have little impact on our ability to function effectively and I would suggest it’s the same for Warnock that’s all 👍

However I do agree with you ref his age (apologies to the oldies on here) but at 71yrs old, how many years can he pour into the club? It doesn’t scream to me that NW is a man for a long term plan that we need and need to stick too this time 

1 minute ago, Uwe said:

Without wanting to derail the thread and we don’t chat politics on the forum. The political POV was that I get the impression you’re a labour voter. Which in my view would lean you towards the social left, I’m more conservative which would lean me towards the capitalist right. Two contrasting ideas..... But that’s not the point, the point is regardless you still carry out the things I deem important/deserving of respect-Family,work, Boro (Although not always in that order 😉) so regardless of your or my political leanings they have little impact on our ability to function effectively and I would suggest it’s the same for Warnock that’s all 👍

However I do agree with you ref his age (apologies to the oldies on here) but at 71yrs old, how many years can he pour into the club? It doesn’t scream to me that NW is a man for a long term plan that we need and need to stick too this time 

Not a labour voter although with Keir Starmer in charge that might change given the way Boris and Co. have handled the pandemic. Tactically voted Conservative in the last election. Politically I'm more centre-left than the harder social left.

But yeah, less of the politics, more discussion about the future of this football club (I'm worried about what happens if we don't get promoted next season!)

11 minutes ago, Erimus 63 said:

Ronald Reagan was 73 when he commenced his second term  becoming one of the USA's most popular Presidents 😀

Acting sees to be popular with American Presidents even if they get their lines wrong🙃

3 hours ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Not a labour voter although with Keir Starmer in charge that might change given the way Boris and Co. have handled the pandemic. Tactically voted Conservative in the last election. Politically I'm more centre-left than the harder social left.

But yeah, less of the politics, more discussion about the future of this football club (I'm worried about what happens if we don't get promoted next season!)

Promotion🤯 even with NW I foresee another season in the bottom third. Maybe the bottom half. We’d need a seriously magnificent transfer window to even get close to challenging for a top 6 spot. Something like 7 new starters and they’d need to gel pretty damn fast. 

3 minutes ago, northern boro said:

The result of Wigan's appeal may not be known until July 28th

Imagine boro staying up assuming that Wigan getting a points deduction, only for them to not get the full amount and us go down. 

28 minutes ago, ManBearPig said:

Imagine boro staying up assuming that Wigan getting a points deduction, only for them to not get the full amount and us go down. 

The EFL are opening themselves up for a world of lawsuits if this happens. Whoever the team is waiting on finding out what league they're in, in an off season lasting 6 weeks (is what I've heard anyway), not knowing where you are for the first week of it isn't particularly helpful to anyone involved. 

42 minutes ago, northern boro said:

The result of Wigan's appeal may not be known until July 28th

So realistically clubs could sign players without fully knowing what league they’re going to be playing in that season. 

Brilliant 🤦‍♂️