• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Another in the long list who only has positives to say about aitor. Still waiting for one single player to come out and criticise him or say he was out of order  

I don't remember any of them saying owt when he left although I don't do social media so I suppose I wouldn't unless people had posted them on here so I could have missed lots of emotional messages to him.

Mind, if it's a choice out of Karanka, Monk, Pulis (who didn't rate him) and Woodgate, then I reckon I'd choose Karanka as well.

9 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Good 👍

Yeah. I mean if you take the lad at his word, he's been as committed to this club for the entirety of his spell here as you can hope for and I'm glad for that because in football you just can't count on that being the case, certainly not in this area of the country anyway.

But it doesn't change the fact I think the time is right for us to move on from him. Saving a few pennies and I think Howson is a better option for next season in that position already, assuming Warnock stays on.

• Like 1
Just now, wilsoncgp said:

Yeah. I mean if you take the lad at his word, he's been as committed to this club for the entirety of his spell here and I'm glad for that because in football you just can't count on that being the case, certainly not in this area of the country anyway.

But it doesn't change the fact I think the time is right for us to move on from him. Saving a few pennies and I think Howson is a better option for next season in that position already, assuming Warnock stays on.

That's how I see it pretty much.  I would have let everyone go who was out of contract but if say I had to keep one of them then it wouldn't be Clayton to be blunt.  He might be cheesed off about it but I reckon he's been paid a fairly handsome amount of money over the last 6 years.  I don't quite get the not wanting him on the bench bit though.  Warnock clearly didn't rate him I guess.

3 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

What's the story here?

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/focus-victor-valdes-adam-claytons-11934666.amp&ved=2ahUKEwjfo-yE8-HqAhU1TRUIHZoUCA4QFjAAegQIBhAC&usg=AOvVaw1m_JHdurfcsnjDoo1uu93X&ampcf=1

It was actually quite embarrassing at the time I thought and made the atmosphere in the ground worse.

I hope someone asks him what actually happened between Leadbitter and Valdes...