oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'

Just now, DurhamRed said:

The thing is many fans had no other choice but to use a VPN as you either had the choice of not watching at all or use a VPN if you couldn't attend a game in person. Atleast the club received revenue for doing this. 

I think the problem comes when you have to differentiate between couldn't attend and wouldn't attend.  If it's a choice between paying £2.50 to watch a game online or £25 to watch a game in person, are people going to choose the former over the latter, even though they could attend the game if they wanted to?

• Like 2
  • Replies 22.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Posted Images

1 minute ago, DurhamRed said:

The thing is many fans had no other choice but to use a VPN as you either had the choice of not watching at all or use a VPN if you couldn't attend a game in person. Atleast the club received revenue for doing this. 

I was just looking at the reason it was brought in. If i had been in the UK then i probably would have done the same. The increase is still too high whichever country you are in.

13 minutes ago, thatoldchestnut said:

i hope that is true. they should crack down on th uk users hiding behind the vpns

That would be (as far as I understand it) almost impossible and at the very least, a hugely colossal undertaking.

1 minute ago, thatoldchestnut said:

I was just looking at the reason it was brought in. If i had been in the UK then i probably would have done the same. The increase is still too high whichever country you are in.

Like I said mate, it's actually a decrease for us lot over here who aren't able to renew, that's how they'll be looking at it.  If you factor in the number of people who paid for this but were based in the UK, I bet the number of actual foreign based sign ups was pretty low.  Maybe only a few hundred.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Brunners said:

That would be (as far as I understand it) almost impossible and at the very least, a hugely colossal undertaking.

And would annoy Brunners, who may or may not be one of the very people doing it 😉

2 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Like I said mate, it's actually a decrease for us lot over here who aren't able to renew, that's how they'll be looking at it.  If you factor in the number of people who paid for this but were based in the UK, I bet the number of actual foreign based sign ups was pretty low.  Maybe only a few hundred.

it was me that i was thinking about. Nobody else. HaHa

1 minute ago, thatoldchestnut said:

it was me that i was thinking about. Nobody else. HaHa

I totally get where you're coming from.  It's just that this is an odd situation for football to find itself in.  £120 for this thing when they are getting 20,000 through the gates is probably acceptable to them.  £120 when they are only getting 10,000 makes it different, especially if they are hoping to make up some of the shortfall with the other 10,000 people buying the passes.  Even at £10 a game, they are still losing out on revenue.  £10 to watch a Boro game doesn't sound too bad to me but that's because I'm used to paying more than that and that's just for the home games, never mind the away games.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Changing Times said:

Also, if I remember correctly, when Sky introduced PPV games in the Premier League years back, it was £10 per game I think.  I don't think that's too outrageous of a price really.

Its not I agree, but if it was to low lasy year that is the clubs fault not mine, this rise is outragious. I however realise money is short  in certain sections of football.(not the Premier league of course perish the thought). But so is mine and many other fans.

• Like 2
26 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Also, if I remember correctly, when Sky introduced PPV games in the Premier League years back, it was £10 per game I think.  I don't think that's too outrageous of a price really.

It’s the same price as a season ticket in parts of our ground for a significantly lesser product. How is that not an outrageous price?

20 minutes ago, thatoldchestnut said:

Its not I agree, but if it was to low lasy year that is the clubs fault not mine, this rise is outragious. I however realise money is short  in certain sections of football.(not the Premier league of course perish the thought). But so is mine and many other fans.

I might be wrong but I think it's The Football League who have decided the pricing, not the club.  The Premier League will do the same for theirs I guess.

1 minute ago, Changing Times said:

I might be wrong but I think it's The Football League who have decided the pricing, not the club.  The Premier League will do the same for theirs I guess.

I think you are correct but it doesnt make me feel any better being £330 worse off.

6 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I am curious are they going to be making fans in League 2 pay this 😂 as this is so expensive for the product it is. They don't even have own bespoke presentation team like in first season with Bernie Slaven now they just use Radio Tees.