Jump to content
oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Great quote from Kevin Blackwell in the Athletic today 🤣🤣🤣

It's my birthday today, meant to be my 30th but I've refused to allow that in current circumstances of not being able to celebrate it. I usually get my age on the back of one of my shirts so I re

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/neil-warnock-obvious-choice-manage-18614026.amp?__twitter_impression=true "Gibson is a hands-on owner and Bausor is a hands-on chief exe

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Well, it's worked out nicely for you then.

I can't afford £460 quid, but I can afford what I paid for the season pass last year. Is it better the club gets that much from me or likely near nothing at all?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Brunners said:

I can't afford £460 quid, but I can afford what I paid for the season pass last year. Is it better the club gets that much from me or likely near nothing at all?

I'm sure there are other people who can't really afford it as well but they will still try and find a way or they'll pay for those games that they can afford.  Same goes for season card holders, who could probably find better things to spend their money on, but stupidly don't, and other match day goers, who can't afford season cards but try and get to as many games as they can.  Still, you got what you wanted, and that is really the most important thing, isn't it?

"To the dismay of CT" - Yeah, nice one.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I'm sure there are other people who can't really afford it as well but they will still try and find a way or they'll pay for those games that they can afford.  Same goes for season card holders, who could probably find better things to spend their money on, but stupidly don't, and other match day goers, who can't afford season cards but try and get to as many games as they can.  Still, you got what you wanted, and that is really the most important thing, isn't it?

"To the dismay of CT" - Yeah, nice one.

You took it very personally when all I was really doing was poking a bit of fun mate. Other people are more than welcome to also use a VPN to buy the overseas package, or they are welcome to choose less games. 

I am choosing to support the club in the way that best fits my budget for the best value, sue me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Brunners said:

You took it very personally when all I was really doing was poking a bit of fun mate. Other people are more than welcome to also use a VPN to buy the overseas package, or they are welcome to choose less games. 

I am choosing to support the club in the way that best fits my budget for the best value, sue me.

I don't have a problem with you doing it.  Just don't try and make out like I'm against something when I'm not.  I'm just for everyone having the same opportunities that's all, and if that meant people abroad paying a bit more for 6 months then so be it.  Every other year they'll be getting it cheaper, or having a service that's technically unavailable to the rest of us, but the one time they might have to pay a bit more you'd think the sky was falling in.  They already get favourable treatment, but that isn't enough.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Changing Times said:

I don't have a problem with you doing it.  Just don't try and make out like I'm against something when I'm not.  I'm just for everyone having the same opportunities that's all, and if that meant people abroad paying a bit more for 6 months then so be it.  Every other year they'll be getting it cheaper, or having a service that's technically unavailable to the rest of us, but the one time they might have to pay a bit more you'd think the sky was falling in.  They already get favourable treatment, but that isn't enough.

Like I said mate, it was just a bit of fun, I apologise if I've caused offence somehow.

Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Will said:

Well I didn't buy one at all last season. Billy has driven me to it through his holier than thou attitude.

It’s just simple economics, for at least the first part of the season the club is going to be reliant on revenue from season tickets and selling streams.
 

Why wouldn’t you want to pay for it?

If my favourite band releases a new album, I’ll make sure I buy it on vinyl, even though I could download it illegally. That’s because I want the band to enjoy success and to continue performing and writing. 

I’m sorry if I came across as holier than thou, I just wanted to put my thoughts out there so that people might think about the implications of using a VPN before they bought an international pass. Please pay £10 for each match that you watch, it will help the club. 

If you don’t want to, then that’s your prerogative, but £10 a match isn’t a massive amount really is it?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

It’s just simple economics, for at least the first part of the season the club is going to be reliant on revenue from season tickets and selling streams.
 

Why wouldn’t you want to pay for it?

If my favourite band releases a new album, I’ll make sure I buy it on vinyl, even though I could download it illegally. That’s because I want the band to enjoy success and to continue performing and writing. 

I’m sorry if I came across as holier than thou, I just wanted to put my thoughts out there so that people might think about the implications of using a VPN before they bought an international pass. Please pay £10 for each match that you watch, it will help the club. 

If you don’t want to, then that’s your prerogative, but £10 a match isn’t a massive amount really is it?

FWIW, bands make very little out of album sales, by and large.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Changing Times said:

Why would I be dismayed?  I had no problem with the season pass last season and I have no problem with it this season.  It just seemed like basic common sense if the prices of both the international and domestic passes were the same this season.  Obviously, domestic Boro fans are less important to the club than the international fans, or more accurately, the club believe that they can milk the domestic fans more than the international fans.  Yay!

I wonder how many people on here, who are domestic based, will be purchasing the international season pass and using a VPN?

I certainly can’t disagree with anything you’ve said there. If they can offer it to foreign supporters for 120 pounds then surely they can offer it to the domestic supporters too, but that’s probably because of domestic tv deals. Sky isn’t available here so they are not going to lose anything. If that’s the reason then I see no reason why international viewers shouldn’t get the “market price” and not the bloated price due to UK TV deals. It’s obviously still making the club money by offering it for 120 pounds (is my guess). But I can totally understand why domestic viewers are going to feel unfairly treated. I’m also guessing the club will quietly rather have people use Vpns rather than not buy anything. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

So you don’t buy those either?

Not usually, no, whether I use spotify or buy an album, bands aren't making much either way. The vast majority of bands make the vast majority of their income through touring and merch, so I'll go to a gig or buy a shirt or two.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Neverbefore said:

12.50 is some value. Youll need it for about 8 months,  100 quid all in

If the season pass is a 140 then I’m guessing the 12,50 a month is a 12 month set subscription. The other thing wouldn’t make any sense at all.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×
×
  • Create New...