Jump to content
oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 15.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Great quote from Kevin Blackwell in the Athletic today 🤣🤣🤣

It's my birthday today, meant to be my 30th but I've refused to allow that in current circumstances of not being able to celebrate it. I usually get my age on the back of one of my shirts so I re

I can't imagine that game getting approved by Hasbro...

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Brunners said:

I've heard of lots of false positives, but not false negatives?

I know a fair few people who have literally shown all of the symptoms and tested negative. Also know of an NHS worker, again all the symptoms and tested negative. Later had the antibody test which showed he had been positive previously. I just don’t trust these tests. 
Symptoms and you should presume you’ve got it imo. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Skinemrippers said:

I know a fair few people who have literally shown all of the symptoms and tested negative. Also know of an NHS worker, again all the symptoms and tested negative. Later had the antibody test which showed he had been positive previously. I just don’t trust these tests. 
Symptoms and you should presume you’ve got it imo. 

From what I've seen, it seems to be where the sample is taken from, rather than the actual test that is at fault for inaccuracies. The swab goes in the throat/nose. Even if covid is present, it's not always going to be picked up at those sites on the swabs (63% accuracy according to the below study). Testing from lower respiratory areas (I.e a lung wash) seemed to give more accurate results (93% of lung wash tests correctly identified covid)

Study on this linked below, although it was done on a fairly small sample size and it's a few months old now.

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/2762997

Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Daily Mail are saying we have returned 3 positive tests. Warnock and now one of his backroom staff and a player. Anyone seen this?

Yeah this doesn't seem to be being reported anywhere including the mail? Have you been misled?

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Yeah this doesn't seem to be being reported anywhere including the mail? Have you been misled?

It is buried inside another article. It's the mail though so I'll wait to see what the news is in the AM.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Judging by Cup draw, likely that if we had got through against Barnsley and somehow beaten Chelsea, we would probably have been away to Spurs...another long midweek hike that would probably not have ended well...beginning to think that it might have been for the best to field fringe players, even if only to get some game time....but expect to see a little more effort Saturday

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Old Codger said:

Judging by Cup draw, likely that if we had got through against Barnsley and somehow beaten Chelsea, we would probably have been away to Spurs...another long midweek hike that would probably not have ended well...beginning to think that it might have been for the best to field fringe players, even if only to get some game time....but expect to see a little more effort Saturday

I stopped reading here if I'm honest

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just out of interest, why were very few people wearing masks inside the ground yesterday. Surely that should have been one of the rules of entry. It didnt really make us look good and may have reduced our chances of continuing the experiment with an increase in attendance. Had i been there I would never have done so without a mask on.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×
×
  • Create New...