oneBoro Forum
LukeR

'Other Boro stuff'

I wonder whats going on with saville. He didn't play our last game because of personal issues and now he's gone home from the NI camp citing personal issues again. Youd have to assume its the same issue. So a bit of a kick in the teeth that he was okay to play the play off game but not to play for us or in the less meaningful international games... 

• Wow 1

7 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

I wonder whats going on with saville. He didn't play our last game because of personal issues and now he's gone home from the NI camp citing personal issues again. Youd have to assume its the same issue. So a bit of a kick in the teeth that he was okay to play the play off game but not to play for us or in the less meaningful international games... 

If it's a serious personal issue, personally I think you should feel grateful that he put the country over his personal life at all...

5 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Or, to turn it round, despite personal or family problems, he made a really special effort to help his country out in a hugely important match? Wasn’t is described as a family emergency? Warnock seemed understanding of his decision not to travel to Brentford, so you would imagine it is something pretty significant. Just hope it all ends well for him and he can get back to playing immediately after international break, without anything weighing on his mind.

• Like 3

Just now, ScarBoro said:

Or, to turn it round, despite personal or family problems, he made a really special effort to help his country out in a hugely important match? Wasn’t is described as a family emergency? Warnock seemed understanding of his decision not to travel to Brentford, so you would imagine it is something pretty significant. Just hope it all ends well for him and he can get back to playing immediately after international break, without anything weighing on his mind.

IIRC he actually did travel to Brentford, he dropped out very last minute I heard.

Just now, Brunners said:

IIRC he actually did travel to Brentford, he dropped out very last minute I heard.

Oh, right. Didn’t realise that. Sounds like  it was definitely a family issue, not a personal one and  a proper emergency. 

We only had 6 subs so I imagine It was pretty last minute. 

Hope its not something that's going to affect him long term, he's had his best few games for us in recent weeks.

Yeah wish Saville ans family the best and hopefully issue resolves itself.

From a selfish point of view he gets a break but the mental toll of his personal issue could affect him. Hopefully not and he back for Norwich nice and refreshed.

Can't do anything but expect the worse during these times, can you? Fingers crossed it's nothing serious.

Paddy looks like he going to complete another 90mins for Northern Ireland tonight. Hope he gets a complete rest on Wednesday.

I am very worried he will get injured soon. He not had a rest at all for 2 months. Playing 90min games every 3/4 days non stop. Think he must have played 16 odd full games in 60 days