Jump to content
oneBoro Forum
LukeR

'Other Boro stuff'

Recommended Posts

If there was any doubt that warnock loves a good exaggeration he called howson the best midfielder in the league! 

hes been okay this season but I really hope that hes not been signed on monk terms.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

If there was any doubt that warnock loves a good exaggeration he called howson the best midfielder in the league! 

hes been okay this season but I really hope that hes not been signed on monk terms.

Have been reliably informed that a vow of celibacy is not stipulated in contract (not sure about tonsure though)

  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Old Codger said:

Have been reliably informed that a vow of celibacy is not stipulated in contract (not sure about tonsure though)

pat morita nod GIF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, TeaCider24 said:

Doesn't say.

I'd hope reduced terms but, if not, he's been good so far this season as a midfielder.

I don’t think clubs are allowed to offer players new contracts on reduced term. I think that’s why we needed to wait for players contracts to run out in the past before offering them new ones.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ABH said:

I don’t think clubs are allowed to offer players new contracts on reduced term. I think that’s why we needed to wait for players contracts to run out in the past before offering them new ones.

That has been mentioned before but it sounds like nonsense to me. Why wouldn't you be able to offer a new contract on other terms? The player can simply refuse to accept it. I haven't seen anything elsewhere to prove that it's a rule. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes I agree BD. It’s nonsensical to not be able to extend a contract with an agreed pay step down at the end of the previous contract. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It might of changed but I remember something been brought in to stop lower league teams bullying players into signing contracts on lower wages 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/23/2020 at 4:46 PM, DurhamRed said:

As is congested season is more mid week games than sky have the rights too. So some mid week rounds aren't available. This week is one of these. Swansea next week is on red button

Thank you! Thought they'd done away with it completely as I couldn't find any information about it on the Internet!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/24/2020 at 6:02 AM, ABH said:

I don’t think clubs are allowed to offer players new contracts on reduced term. I think that’s why we needed to wait for players contracts to run out in the past before offering them new ones.

"63.4  Clubs shall be free at any time to re-negotiate or amend the financial provisions set out in Schedule 2 of the Standard Contract with its own Players on such terms as shall be mutually acceptable" 

Sounds like we can offer new contracts on reduced terms as long as both parties agree. Unless there is another clause (I cannot see one) that overrides the one above.

I do seem to remember The Gazette in past mentioning a clause similar to what you have, but that clause could have been updated/removed in the last few years.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

"63.4  Clubs shall be free at any time to re-negotiate or amend the financial provisions set out in Schedule 2 of the Standard Contract with its own Players on such terms as shall be mutually acceptable" 

Sounds like we can offer new contracts on reduced terms as long as both parties agree. Unless there is another clause (I cannot see one) that overrides the one above.

I do seem to remember The Gazette in past mentioning a clause similar to what you have, but that clause could have been updated/removed in the last few years.

This makes perfect sense. You should always be able to amend an agreement if both parties agree. Or else it wouldn't be possible to negotiate that players reduce their contracts in the coronacrisis like Arsenal have. For Howsons sake it makes sense as he get's an extra year to his contract and some safety meaning he doesn't have to uproot next summer. He may get a lesser weekly wage but more security in a difficult market. Same could easily be applied to Fletcher and Britt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Borodane said:

This makes perfect sense. You should always be able to amend an agreement if both parties agree. Or else it wouldn't be possible to negotiate that players reduce their contracts in the coronacrisis like Arsenal have. For Howsons sake it makes sense as he get's an extra year to his contract and some safety meaning he doesn't have to uproot next summer. He may get a lesser weekly wage but more security in a difficult market. Same could easily be applied to Fletcher and Britt.

Think age comes into it though, Howson is going to be 33 by the end of next season (think he recently turned 32 right?) and is winding down his career.

Britt is only 27 and Fletch only 25, think they're far more likely to look elsewhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Obviously dependent on the 16th of December review, but none of the Middlesbrough matches, home or away, will be in front of fans next month.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Obviously dependent on the 16th of December review, but none of the Middlesbrough matches, home or away, will be in front of fans next month.

And that's how it will stay, probably until late spring,

I can't see Middlesbrough ever getting out of Tier 3, not from what I've seen, heard, and read from the general public.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



  • Latest Posts

    • He was banned for 7 matches after attending a party, he's not even made the bench since. Before that he'd finally got back in to the side and scored. He's burned his bridges, but it's not just down to ability. Funny thing is, dozens of players have done the same thing in the top flight in England and gotten away with it without punishment.
    • I don't think Jones has the ability at this level so I wouldn't want to bring him back. Then the off field issues that led to him leaving Boro in the first place don't seem to have improved any at Rangers. We have had some of the best from the Old Firm that seriously struggled down here before in the Championship. That he can't even force his way into Gerrard's thinking tells me where his future level is.
    • But Britt and Fletcher were never actually worth what we paid. Quoting their purchase price to explain a decrease in value of squad makes no sense. By the same measure Fry and Paddy have increased in value more than those 2 have dropped. As have Tav, Bola and Dijksteel.
    • On the basis that losing Britt and Fletcher due to them being out of contract potentially represents £21.5 million gone and the unlikelihood that the club can spend even a quarter of that on their replacements would indicate that the squad is diminishing in value. It's a trajectory that has been evident since we started shipping out the hastily assembled Premiership squad followed by Monks bonanza then Pulis "balancing the books". Throw in the Summer of Woodgate and the "Golden Thread" where a yarn was spun to the gullible and there is a general trend which if plotted on a graph only goes in one direction.
    • @Kelloe. I respect you greatly as a poster and hope you dont take this advice from me the wrong way? I also dont agree with @sanddancer post but please dont call him clown. It will just become unsavoury and derail the thread. @sanddancer is perfectly entitled to his views so if you going to disagree please do it respectfully.
×
×
  • Create New...