Jump to content
oneBoro Forum
LukeR

'Other Boro stuff'

Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, TeaCider24 said:

It wasn't terrible with 1000 people against Bournemouth.

It'd only be an issue with limited fans if all 4 stands are open.

The atmospheres are only rubbish in cup matches because people don't really care about cup matches anymore.

Did you go to the Bournemouth game?

If you did how did the club organise getting fans in and out of the stadium?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, ABH said:

Did you go to the Bournemouth game?

If you did how did the club organise getting fans in and out of the stadium?

Yeah, I did, it was the same way as normal really, except with more active stewarding and staggered entry and exits. Hand sanitiser stations were situated by the turnstiles and you were instructed to use them before being allowed through.

Worked absolutely fine.

Only thing I think might prove an issue is they were only allowing 3 people in the toilets at once, and that's surely not really sustainable at higher attendances.

I do think that it's the right idea for them not to open the bars until the restrictions are fully lifted though, despite some fans in Tier 2 areas kicking off, it'd be bound to create unnecessary congestion and hassle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Neverbefore said:

New deal for folarin until 2023 

Not seen enough of him to tell if I'm fussed or not.

Warnock clearly rates him though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TeaCider24 said:

Yeah, I did, it was the same way as normal really, except with more active stewarding and staggered entry and exits. Hand sanitiser stations were situated by the turnstiles and you were instructed to use them before being allowed through.

Worked absolutely fine.

Only thing I think might prove an issue is they were only allowing 3 people in the toilets at once, and that's surely not really sustainable at higher attendances.

I do think that it's the right idea for them not to open the bars until the restrictions are fully lifted though, despite some fans in Tier 2 areas kicking off, it'd be bound to create unnecessary congestion and hassle.

Thanks for that. Seen a few reports about the test games but they only tell you about the seating arrangements 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Similar thoughts to Changing Times.

I don't have that much interest in returning until the crowds are back properly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some interesting replies on crowds returning.  I have a record of 65 + years of attending Boro matches and I'm anxious to keep it up but have one or three health problems so I can take no risks with Covid. transmissions.

 

I'd love to go but it won't be until I've been vacced etc.  If I can I'd love to go, even if its just the one game to keep up the record of at least one game in every season since 1953/4

 

keep smiling

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Brunners said:

Brentford away in the FA Cup.

Think we play them not long after that in the league.

Some interesting ties there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Changing Times said:

Think we play them not long after that in the league.

Some interesting ties there.

bet Marine are buzzing like, home game vs Tottenham. Shame it's not at Spurs because I'm sure even the 50% of the 2k fans allowed would have been helpful!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Brunners said:

bet Marine are buzzing like, home game vs Tottenham. Shame it's not at Spurs because I'm sure even the 50% of the 2k fans allowed would have been helpful!

Being a home tie there's a good chance it will be televised though and that will bring in more income for them.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Changing Times said:

Being a home tie there's a good chance it will be televised though and that will bring in more income for them.

I hope they do anyway.  Crawley/Leeds, Newport/Brighton, Stockport/West Ham, Chorley/Derby all would be good FA Cup ties to watch.  I'm sure they'll find a way to get some of Villa/Liverpool, Arsenal/Newcastle, Man Utd/Watford, Man City/Birmingham on the telly though 🤦‍♂️

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



  • Latest Posts

    • Sorry but how can you argue that having premiership and guaranteed parachute payments wouldn’t be a good thing? We spent awfully after the last promotion and still got it all back through sales. Having that money would be a god send for this club, now more than ever.
    • and we'd spend about 100 million of that easily on a squad trying to stay in the prem, include wages and theres very little of the money to stay around.  following relegation we'd be almost no better off and most likely stuck in a position of trying to balance the books to avoid economic hardship like the last two times weve been relegated.
    • In hindsight warnock again was an incredible easy and safe option for gibson and one he was always going to take.  I think gibson is poor at finding managers and either deep down he knows this or just plain doesn’t like the process. Warnock is probably the best option simply because any alternative would most likely have been awful. Think about it, if woodgate was likely the only candidate after pulis then who on earth would we have ended up with if he’d said no?
    • Next season looks set to be very entertaining could end up with all 3 North East clubs in championship.  With us set to be targeting top 2 the fans back in most likely higher numbers as we been locked out of it for so long. Should be very enjoyable icing on cake be Warnock securing his 9th promotion and retiring 
    • Gareth Bale, what a player, both brilliant today. 
×
×
  • Create New...