Jump to content
oneBoro Forum
LukeR

'Other Boro stuff'

Recommended Posts

Lets hope we dont end up  watching two reserve teams playing each other then..  though I think that there is a slight chance Marine might picked ..  either way, hope somebody thinks about who needs the money instead of the old boys club  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm aware that it's a bad time to make this joke given his current decent form, but it turns out it's both Warnock and Johnson's birthday today - we finally know why he insists on selecting him!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not a single Boro game selected for TV over December, Sky Sports are a joke.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know injuries have a lot to do with it but my 4/10 rating for our summer business is turning out to be an over shoot rather than underrating it. Only bettinelli is starting regularly and he's not exactly impressing. Akpom has come in and out and has been invisible for a lot of it, hall and morsy haven't been available. Roberts... Well who knows what's happening there. Turning out to have been one of our worst windows in recent history?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

I know injuries have a lot to do with it but my 4/10 rating for our summer business is turning out to be an over shoot rather than underrating it. Only bettinelli is starting regularly and he's not exactly impressing. Akpom has come in and out and has been invisible for a lot of it, hall and morsy haven't been available. Roberts... Well who knows what's happening there. Turning out to have been one of our worst windows in recent history?

I kind of agree. And I'm not sure Betinelli is a better keeper than Stojanovic. Morsy looked like a really good signing before getting injured so hopefully he's back soon. I think Roberts has only been signed because we were lacking in numbers. I don't think NW rates him at all and he's probably here because he didn't have many other options. Akpom started great but both him and Britt look like strikers that play best in pairs and that's not something we do very often.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Borodane said:

I kind of agree. And I'm not sure Betinelli is a better keeper than Stojanovic. Morsy looked like a really good signing before getting injured so hopefully he's back soon. I think Roberts has only been signed because we were lacking in numbers. I don't think NW rates him at all and he's probably here because he didn't have many other options. Akpom started great but both him and Britt look like strikers that play best in pairs and that's not something we do very often.

Honestly the only thing Bettinelli has over Stoj is that his English will be better. I honestly don't see anything else in his game that should make him the number 1 over Stoj.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Honestly the only thing Bettinelli has over Stoj is that his English will be better. I honestly don't see anything else in his game that should make him the number 1 over Stoj.

Agree. I thought stoj was fine at his level and thought paying premier League wages to bettinelli plus a loan fee (I assume)  was a gross misdirection of resources given the deficiencies elsewhere in the squad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Neverbefore said:

Agree. I thought stoj was fine at his level and thought paying premier League wages to bettinelli plus a loan fee (I assume)  was a gross misdirection of resources given the deficiencies elsewhere in the squad.

Unfortunately speaking fluent English is the one thing Warnock seems to want from his GK, it's the reason he originally dropped Stoj for Pears last season too IIRC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Neverbefore said:

I know injuries have a lot to do with it but my 4/10 rating for our summer business is turning out to be an over shoot rather than underrating it. Only bettinelli is starting regularly and he's not exactly impressing. Akpom has come in and out and has been invisible for a lot of it, hall and morsy haven't been available. Roberts... Well who knows what's happening there. Turning out to have been one of our worst windows in recent history?

We have one of the best defensive records in the country. Whilst it's true that it's largely down to the manner in which we set up, you don't get to that point by having a keeper that's "not exactly impressing"

Morsy was an excellent signing. Akpom has been solid if unspectacular and Roberts has been a victim of Warnock's set up. He'll win us points.

I don't know how you get less a 4/10 and label it potentially the worst transfer window in history given our financial position.

Spectacularly wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Humpty said:

We have one of the best defensive records in the country. Whilst it's true that it's largely down to the manner in which we set up, you don't get to that point by having a keeper that's "not exactly impressing"

Morsy was an excellent signing. Akpom has been solid if unspectacular and Roberts has been a victim of Warnock's set up. He'll win us points.

I don't know how you get less a 4/10 and label it potentially the worst transfer window in history given our financial position.

Spectacularly wrong.

It may change when fit, but outside of bettinelli our 4 other signings have made 19 starts out of a possible 52.

Akpom has scored 2 goals in his first two games and done nothing since, I barely notice he's on the pitch when he plays tbh. 

Roberts hasn't played and has no production goals or assists wise.

Morsy had 6 starts, a load of bookings amongst some solid displays but isn't fit.

Hall has been injured since very early on.

Injuries aren't the players or managers fault but in terms of being more than a quarter of the way through the season, none of our signings have made an impression on our starting 11 (besides the keeper which again is still up for debate). Again, I said it may change in Time, but so far it's been poor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think you trying to justify your poor assessment of the transfer window. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Humpty said:

I think you trying to justify your poor assessment of the transfer window. 

I don't have to try, the facts are there!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Humpty said:

I think you trying to justify your poor assessment of the transfer window. 

I'd argue that you are too happy with mediocrity. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...