• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

Posted Images

Found this whilst browsing, it's Downing's take on the whole contract red tape situation.

Read past the Mo Salah story and you have the Downing story. (Link below).

https://sport.optus.com.au/articles/os18042/on-the-spot-salah-downing

It's taken from the Podcast Mark Schwarzer hosts in which Downing was a guest. I'll post the link to the podcast below.

https://play.acast.com/s/two-sharp-reds-presented-by-optus-sport

17 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

Found this whilst browsing, it's Downing's take on the whole contract red tape situation.

Read past the Mo Salah story and you have the Downing story. (Link below).

https://sport.optus.com.au/articles/os18042/on-the-spot-salah-downing

It's taken from the Podcast Mark Schwarzer hosts in which Downing was a guest. I'll post the link to the podcast below.

https://play.acast.com/s/two-sharp-reds-presented-by-optus-sport

To be fair if that's true, sounds like we stitched him right up.

Steve Gibson would never do anything like that. He's the best chairman in the world, proper Boro lad, would never treat fellow Boro lads like that, string them up and shot them out.

I don't think we should have kept him around all things considered but yeah, it doesn't read well. Though Downing previously portrayed it as a decision made by all parties, one that he thought was best for everyone. I mean getting away from Boro after all that happened probably was best for everyone but it seems based on this that he didn't really care much that Woody was gonna be boss or how much pressure that would have put on him.

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/blackburns-stewart-downing-middlesbrough-return-17656386

Downing can literally go f**k himself. The ungrateful chunt. 

Fact he remains ungrateful at earning 30k between ages of 30-35 whilst we struggled financially as a club riles me. 

I always said Gibson was stupid to sign Downing for a 2nd time without the then managers full blessings but the fact he gave the lad a multi million contract 5yr deal at the age he was and Downing still went and challenged him and now bad mouths just shows how ungrateful. 

Gibson, wrongly imo, looked after downing in a way no other chairman would with any other player and he still has the audacity to bad mouth the man. P*ss right off.

34 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Downing can literally go f**k himself. The ungrateful chunt. 

Fact he remains ungrateful at earning 30k between ages of 30-35 whilst we struggled financially as a club riles me. 

I always said Gibson was stupid to sign Downing for a 2nd time without the then managers full blessings but the fact he gave the lad a multi million contract 5yr deal at the age he was and Downing still went and challenged him and now bad mouths just shows how ungrateful. 

Gibson, wrongly imo, looked after downing in a way no other chairman would with any other player and he still has the audacity to bad mouth the man. P*ss right off.

It's not Downing's fault we struggled as a club financially. The club doesn't get to blow all its money on contracts and player transfers then blame the players they signed that they're financially unstable. If you had a business and you were paying a lot of money for someone, would you blame the person for asking for and then taking that money or would you maybe consider you shouldn't have offered them the money to begin with?

The club wanted Downing as a player, whether it was from the top or involved Karanka's sign-off, it doesn't matter, we signed him, we gave him the contract. If you've got a problem with the money we paid him, don't blame the fella for taking the packet home, blame the guy who agreed to pay it.

I don't think Downing's come out of this ungrateful at all if we're talking about this piece he's said here. He's *** off that someone said they'd offer him a new contract if he agreed to sign a waiver on his existing rights in his existing contract. He signs the waiver with nothing more than a gentleman's agreement in return, he bit the bullet as he trusted they would follow through. They then didn't offer him a new contract and told him he could leave. So they promised him something then didn't deliver. Gibson can do whatever he likes at the end of the day but the fact you've come on here, read this and think Downing has to have some level of audacity to challenge him is ridiculous. This does nothing but make Gibson & Bausor look like clowns and Downing has every right to challenge them on that.

• Like 1

@wilsoncgp i dont even velieve Downing when he says it went down like that. He says he not spoken to Gibson since as his dad got involved and had a “naughty conversation” that did not end well. Yet in same period his brother in law becomes our manager. 

Now some will say Woodgate free to work with who he wants but if Gibson is the untrustworthy little chunt Downing making out then even his bro in law would think “nah you aint for me Gibbo”.

what i got from that downing interview was he was not happy that when he came back he was not main man and centre of attention like he was when he left. But claims it was not a family club the 2nd time. Thing is under karanka the connection between fans and club was as good as it has been for many a year. It was the one time I felt like there was a connection. I am hoping Warnock brings the same back.

am kinda glad downing fell out with gibson as my fear was he would return as a coach or something but thankfully that hopefully wont happen.