oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'

28 minutes ago, LinoJo3 said:

Since then we’ve averaged almost 1 new manager per season

8 permanent managers in 11 seasons, including Agnew because it sounded like Gibson wanted him to be permanent.

Warnock's either staying on for another season or retiring, so I'd be hesitant to include that in a criticism of Gibson not giving managers time.

I do think that people are forgetting the change in circumstances when they criticise Gibson for not giving managers as much time as he used to.

Lennie Lawrence was sacked after failing to get Middlesbrough promoted after relegation, I'm sure Bryan Robson would have been sacked too if he'd failed to get us promoted at the first bite.

Fortunately he did, but his position became untenable when we were in a second relegation battle and had to bring in help to prevent it.

Bar Karanka, every other manager was sacked or parted ways with because of failing to get promotion in the second division and in the case of Woodgate for setting us on a route to potential relegation.

Bryan Robson, McClaren and Southgate were given time because we were staying in the top flight, treading water there is different to treading it in the Championship. 

• Replies 22.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

Posted Images

I’m not criticising, I’m just pointing out one of the changes I’ve noticed in the club. I don’t care enough to criticise anymore, I feel gibson is living off past glories with a large portion of the fan base. He’s a good chairman who won’t let the club fold or put us in danger but any ambition he used to have thats long gone. He’s found a formula that keeps us ticking along and is clearly sticking to it. I guess it depends what you want as a fan wether that’s a good thing or not.

3 players e it into the team of the week this week. (4 if we are still allowed to count Ben Gibson 😉

FD794FEB-41F4-4F57-A193-752006360DF5.jpeg

• Thanks 1
18 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

McNair didn’t though, very odd.  

Think he got in for fact he got two assists. I agree defensively it was not his best game but did well to put in a steady performance defensively after being turned easily for 1st goal.

Brentford fielded a pretty strong team in the cup tonight hopefullya bit of fatigue for Saturday and with Da’Silvas red card I’m right in thinking he’s banned for our match? 

Just now, Uwe said:

Brentford fielded a pretty strong team in the cup tonight hopefullya bit of fatigue for Saturday and with Da’Silvas red card I’m right in thinking he’s banned for our match? 

Yes I think it’s automatic to miss the next game 

On 1/5/2021 at 12:29 AM, Borodane said:

I have just signed up for the FA Player ahead of the game at the weekend. Has anyone tried the player before?

Is it everyone that has to use that? The old way of buying games appears to have gone....

1 hour ago, Hewie said:

Is it everyone that has to use that? The old way of buying games appears to have gone....

A number of this rounds FA cup games are free to watch on the Player including the Brentford-Boro game. They usually only show womens games by the looks of it.

• Like 1