• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Posted Images

I'm really disappointed that the FA haven't looked at Branthwaite's dangerous high kick and given him a ban.  If kicking with studs showing at head height - whether intentional or not - isn't dangerous play, then I don't know what is.  I feel it sends a really bad message.  

• Like 5
15 minutes ago, White Band said:

I'm really disappointed that the FA haven't looked at Branthwaite's dangerous high kick and given him a ban.  If kicking with studs showing at head height - whether intentional or not - isn't dangerous play, then I don't know what is.  I feel it sends a really bad message.  

Honestly I was convinced they would. I don't know why, the FA are inept.

• Like 2
35 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Probably agreed with Mogga that he's just a young kid and he didn't mean it so it doesn't matter. I wonder if Warnock will be sanctioned for being the real problem.

Seriously, the only way they can't do anything to him after all the visual evidence is if the referee adjudged it not to be a foul and wrote as such in his report. Isn't it true they can only apply retrospective action is if the referee hasn't seen and reported the incident as it happened? 

Branthwaite is lucky he didn't do that to Mo Salah or Sadio Mane. It wouldn't be so easily swept under the rug.

• Like 4
  • Angry 1
7 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

Probably agreed with Mogga that he's just a young kid and he didn't mean it so it doesn't matter. I wonder if Warnock will be sanctioned for being the real problem.

Seriously, the only way they can't do anything to him after all the visual evidence is if the referee adjudged it not to be a foul and wrote as such in his report. Isn't it true they can only apply retrospective action is if the referee hasn't seen and reported the incident as it happened? 

Branthwaite is lucky he didn't do that to Mo Salah or Sadio Mane. It wouldn't be so easily swept under the rug.

Yep, if the ref says he's seen it, and then written in his report that no action was required then I believe the FA can't do anything under the current rules. Although, and this doesn't apply to this incident, I think there may be an exception for violent conduct.

• Angry 1
9 hours ago, Brunners said:

Thats why FA stands for F***ing A**holes 😡

Like I said before, it shouldn't matter whether it was intentional or not, it was stupid and reckless even in the best light and needs to be punished. If only so he'll think twice before doing that sort of thing again.

If what Will said is correct about the incident being done and dusted, just because the ref saw it and noted it in his report...it just boggles the mind.

As far as I'm concerned thats just sanctioning dangerous acts.

I mean how the *** could any competent ref see something like that and NOT think it deserved some sort of action?

Especially when most are happy to dish out cards when someone falls over someone else's leg, or puts a hand to their face.

Edited by AnglianRed
  • Like 5
1 minute ago, AnglianRed said:

Thats why FA stands for F***ing A**holes 😡

Like I said before, it shouldn't matter whether it was intentional or not, it was stupid and reckless even in the best light and needs to be punished. If only so he'll think twice before doing that sort of thing again.

Were the FA to do anything it would be admitting that the Referee got it wrong and that is never going to happen - especially one that is in The Met police

8 minutes ago, Snake said:

Were the FA to do anything it would be admitting that the Referee got it wrong and that is never going to happen - especially one that is in The Met police

...and Freemasons rule the world! 🙄

The only time they get "punished" is during their initiation ceremonies. 

• Haha 1
Just now, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

What would we have to gain as a club by the lad being banned for a few games? 

If anything it might weaken Blackburn against some of our rivals.
Let him play and kick someone else. 

Its not about Boro gaining anything.

Its for his own good - as many a parent used to say in the bad old days when it came to punishing their kids. He's got to learn he can't get away with doing things like that.

You learn more from your mistakes...especially if they come with a heavy punishment.

And quite frankly I don't want him going round kicking anyone else...even if it does us a favour. I don't want Boro to succeed because our rivals had key players out of action due to that donkey.

• Like 3
25 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

What would we have to gain as a club by the lad being banned for a few games? 

If anything it might weaken Blackburn against some of our rivals.
Let him play and kick someone else. 

I'd rather not allow for something that encourages or, at best, doesn't punish the kind of violent play that could end a player's career. It's got nowt to do with how it benefits us. I'd expect the same punishment if Nathan Wood did it.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Will said:

Yep, if the ref says he's seen it, and then written in his report that no action was required then I believe the FA can't do anything under the current rules. Although, and this doesn't apply to this incident, I think there may be an exception for violent conduct.

Bloody hell, what does actually count for violent conduct? Or is that just where intent comes into it?

5 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Bloody hell, what does actually count for violent conduct? Or is that just where intent comes into it?

Yeh violent conduct would require intent. Branthwaite endangered an opposition player (Red card) and used excessive force (Red card) but I don't view what he did as violent conduct as bad as it was, it was an accident.

• Like 2