Jump to content
oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'


Recommended Posts

I can understand the referee missing it in real time. I find it harder to understand the assistant also missing it. I find it incomprehensible that repeated post-match viewing of that incident could deem it unworthy of retrospective punishment. That's not me being vindictive, but wild head-high studs damn well deserve censure.

Mogga is blinkered, but the Blackburn fans know what they saw. They were as sickened as we were at the time, when the result wasn't known. Personally, I want Branthwaite to learn from a potentially career ending mistake, not laugh it off and assume it's okay to endanger an opponent like that. God forbid, next time he does that, someone really might lose an eye.

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 14.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Great quote from Kevin Blackwell in the Athletic today 🤣🤣🤣

It's my birthday today, meant to be my 30th but I've refused to allow that in current circumstances of not being able to celebrate it. I usually get my age on the back of one of my shirts so I re

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/neil-warnock-obvious-choice-manage-18614026.amp?__twitter_impression=true "Gibson is a hands-on owner and Bausor is a hands-on chief exe

Posted Images

1 minute ago, RiseAgainst said:

I can understand the referee missing it in real time. I find it harder to understand the assistant also missing it. I find it incomprehensible that repeated post-match viewing of that incident could deem it unworthy of retrospective punishment. That's not me being vindictive, but wild head-high studs damn well deserve censure.

Mogga is blinkered, but the Blackburn fans know what they saw. They were as sickened as we were at the time, when the result wasn't known. Personally, I want Branthwaite to learn from a potentially career ending mistake, not laugh it off and assume it's okay to endanger an opponent like that. God forbid, next time he does that, someone really might lose an eye.

 

It's maddening, mate. One way or another, the system has *** up. Either the referee has seen it and reported it as a nothing incident and a goal-kick, so retrospective action can't be applied. Or it wasn't reported and they don't feel retrospective action should be applied. Neither of those outcomes is good enough.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

It's maddening, mate. One way or another, the system has *** up. Either the referee has seen it and reported it as a nothing incident and a goal-kick, so retrospective action can't be applied. Or it wasn't reported and they don't feel retrospective action should be applied. Neither of those outcomes is good enough.

Don’t get mad, it’s just one of those things, people see things in different ways. It would be a boring world if we all had the same opinion. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thing is, as bad as the connection with Fry's face was, which is definitely why I'm still angry about it, that would have been a red card wherever it hit his body, anywhere on the pitch.

You can't make studs up challenges that connect in the modern game.

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TeaCider24 said:

Thing is, as bad as the connection with Fry's face was, which is definitely why I'm still angry about it, that would have been a red card wherever it hit his body, anywhere on the pitch.

You can't make studs up challenges that connect in the modern game.

 

Especially not 6 foot in the air 🙂 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

Don’t get mad, it’s just one of those things, people see things in different ways. It would be a boring world if we all had the same opinion. 

The classic "woah people don't actually agree with me, better back out with the 'just an opinion bro' point"

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

doesn't H&S state something along the lines of " by your actions or inactions cause harm or endanger a person" well this is Fry's work place and by not having awareness of his own actions in the vicinity of others he endangered a player. Red card, Penalty not violent conduct so no retrospective required.

the Ref should be the one receiving retrospective action for missing a blatantly dangerous act, when he is there to apply the laws and protect the players.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, estonpidge said:

doesn't H&S state something along the lines of " by your actions or inactions cause harm or endanger a person" well this is Fry's work place and by not having awareness of his own actions in the vicinity of others he endangered a player. Red card, Penalty not violent conduct so no retrospective required.

the Ref should be the one receiving retrospective action for missing a blatantly dangerous act, when he is there to apply the laws and protect the players.

If the ref doesn't mention it in his report the FA can look at it violent conduct or no..If he deserves a red card on the day, and the three game ban that comes with it, why does he not deserve the 3 game ban after the fact?

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, estonpidge said:

doesn't H&S state something along the lines of " by your actions or inactions cause harm or endanger a person" well this is Fry's work place and by not having awareness of his own actions in the vicinity of others he endangered a player. Red card, Penalty not violent conduct so no retrospective required.

the Ref should be the one receiving retrospective action for missing a blatantly dangerous act, when he is there to apply the laws and protect the players.

I could be wrong - I usually am - but I thought professional sportspeople and athletes were bound by different laws to us plebs. Or does H&S legislation designed to cover offices and factories still apply to footballers?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Brunners said:

If the ref doesn't mention it in his report the FA can look at it violent conduct or no..If he deserves a red card on the day, and the three game ban that comes with it, why does he not deserve the 3 game ban after the fact?

It's not violent conduct though, it's dangerous play. Violent conduct needs to have perceived intent. I'm fairly sure dangerous play without intent only results in 1 or 2 game bans. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Neverbefore said:

It's not violent conduct though, it's dangerous play. Violent conduct needs to have perceived intent. I'm fairly sure dangerous play without intent only results in 1 or 2 game bans. 

then he deserves the 1 or 2 game ban, whatever the red card would have given him. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Neverbefore said:

It's not violent conduct though, it's dangerous play. Violent conduct needs to have perceived intent. I'm fairly sure dangerous play without intent only results in 1 or 2 game bans. 

Yeh, all reds that aren't violent conduct are 1 game bans as standard now.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Brunners said:

then he deserves the 1 or 2 game ban, whatever the red card would have given him. 

He does but it's probably been put in the refs report as been seen as not endangering anyone as ridiculous as that is. The rules are dumb and we can have a whinge about it but this outcome really isn't surprising and I would have actually been more shocked to see something come of it. May as well just move on at this point and try to use it like mourinho would - they're all against us, let's show them what we can do kind of thing.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

The ref, the linesman, Mogga and the FA all came to the same conclusion as me, it was an accident which warranted no further action. It’s the hysterical fans on a forum who disagree. 

It's 'serious foul play'. If a player endangers the safety of another via his actions, whether it was intentional or not, its a red card. There's nothing more to it really. It is quite cut and dried.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

And to further clarify, the foot enters the 'endangering' position as soon as it goes above his waist, thus considered a 'high boot'. Which it does, thus Serious Foul Play, thus red card. There's no maybe about it, certainly not maybe a yellow, it's a red card offence.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Latest Posts

    • Sorry, it wasn't an automatic increase to his salary, it was an automatic extension on his same salary.  
    • Hi, sorry I've been busy with work the past few days. Probably easier if Marvin throws something together. Sorry about that!
    • We've signed decent players, sure. But whens the last time we signed a player, got something out of them and they went on to play at a higher level due to his time with us? I'm really struggling to think of any since we've been relegated. Which is pretty damning in itself
    • In fairness and on reflection, we have actually signed some good players in recent times . I think the problem is either getting the best out of them OR playing these players in positions and systems which don’t fit them so that they under perform. I’ve said it before but I really really hope that who ever we sign actually fits into 2 formations that we are aiming to play. If we sign Jordan Rhodes and play him up front again I’ll flip 🤣 and it will show we haven’t learnt from our mistakes. 
    • It was inclusive of the end of his Boro career, surrounding the contract situation which stopped Pulis from starting him, even bringing him on in the first half on occasion. He said something along the lines of having a gentleman's agreement for a new contract that led him to waiving the automatic increase to his salary so he could play again... then the new contract never came. This is the podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/stewart-downing-experience-we-chat-about-ups-downs/id1484297592?i=1000503117188

×
×
  • Create New...