• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, White Band said:

What was Archer like?  Any chance of him stepping up and being better than Bettinelli? 

I think there more chance of me stepping up and being challenging Bettinelli @White Band.

On a serious note i had no issue wirh Archer coming in but I would have preferred him to come as 3rd choice as for all intents and purposes Brynn looks a real prospect so was hoping he would be back up. Just to aid his experience more.

• Like 1
59 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

But of a rotten result that considering we were playing half a 1st squad team. 

Leeds U23s seems real good though, think they're clear at the top of the table by quite a distance.

26 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Leeds U23s seems real good though, think they're clear at the top of the table by quite a distance.

They looked very good. Was an awful performance from some of our 1st team lads nonetheless.

10 hours ago, Smogzilla said:

They looked very good. Was an awful performance from some of our 1st team lads nonetheless.

For the 1st team players the games not about the performance it’s about getting some minutes in and not getting injured. 

• Like 1

I’ve been looking at the table and the squads in the top 6 and there’s one question that I’d like to know peoples opinions on, if we were to break into the Top 6, which team would we replace? 

Bournemouth (6th) - 5 points off

Although they’ve been on a bad run, their quality and depth for a championship side is ridiculous. Solanke, Long, Brooks, Begovic, Danjuma, Wilshire etc. Their next managerial appointment will be very interesting to see how they will fare, but I think with the amount of experience in their side it will be tough to see them really fall off. They’ve still got Norwich, Swansea, Brentford and Watford to come.

Watford (5th) - 8 points off

Watford haven’t really impressed me this season, but with their manager getting sacked at Christmas you wouldn’t think they’d be 8 points above 7th by this stage. They’ve been pretty similar to us in the fact that being inconsistent has stopped them from being in the Top 2, but they’ve had some really impressive results. They placed Brentford and Norwich in the space of two weeks and picked up 4 points. They’ve also got a talented squad with a fair amount of experience for this level, with the likes of Deeney, Gray, Sarr, Hughes, Chalobah. Joao Pedro, Foster etc. They’ve still got Bournemouth, Reading, Norwich and interestingly enough Brentford and Swansea for the final games of their season.

Reading (4th) - 8 points off with a game in hand. 

Reading have always been the team that I was hopeful would drop off, but they’ve been superb this season compared to recent years, similar to the Jaap Stam team of 16/17 that lost in the play off final. They’re on a seven game unbeaten run in the championship, and have been flirting with the top 2 all season. Yet their squad doesn’t look to have half as much quality as the likes of Bournemouth or Watford. Their key man obviously is Lucas Joao who’s suddenly decided he can play football after signing from Sheffield Wednesday. They’ve also got threats from out wide with the quality of Ejaria and Olise. Yet their squad doesn’t look too dissimilar to the team we beat at the Madejski at the back end of last season. They’re playing Brentford on Wednesday night, and still have Watford, Swansea and Norwich to come. 

Swansea (3rd) - 13 points off with a game in hand.

Brentford (2nd) - 14 points off a game in hand.

Norwich (1st) - 15 points off.

I’ve left these sides out for obvious reasons! 

20th Feb - Reading vs Boro 

6th March - Swansea vs Boro

2nd April - Bournemouth vs Boro 

5th April - Boro vs Watford

So what does everyone think?

• Like 2

For a season that is supposed to be so compressed and fixtures all the time, well have had 2 weeks in a row with only one fixture. Need to really take advantage of that and bed the new players in and try to raise morale after such a poor run while other teams have two fixtures a week. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Ben J said:

I’ve been looking at the table and the squads in the top 6 and there’s one question that I’d like to know peoples opinions on, if we were to break into the Top 6, which team would we replace? 

Being realistic I don't think we will replace any of those teams, but looking that the teams my pick would be Reading, although they seem to just keep going. 

21 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Being realistic I don't think we will replace any of those teams, but looking that the teams my pick would be Reading, although they seem to just keep going. 

Yeah I'm the same as you I think it will be a big ask to break into the top 6, Reading do appear on paper to be the weakest side and their game in hand on us is Brentford on Wednesday so you'd think it would be an 8 point gap to make up.