oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'

10 minutes ago, Uwe said:

Why. Because the FA overturned it? By that logic we have to assume they were correct that there was no wrong doing in the Huddersfield/Fry incident. Sure Dael ended up with 11 stitches, could’ve lost his eye but everyone on oneBoro were clearly wrong as they said there’s no case to answer. 

Obviously I’m being facetious but just want to reiterate that fact that the FA should not be classed as infallible. 

13 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

Brexit, Religion, UK Government Virus response, is BLM marxist, do goldfish have memories longer than 2 seconds, should Branthwaite have been red carded?

Take your pick from those.

Branthwaite caught Fry in the face by accident, if that’s a red, the game’s gone!

• Haha 1
  • Wow 1
  • Replies 14.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Great quote from Kevin Blackwell in the Athletic today 🤣🤣🤣

It's my birthday today, meant to be my 30th but I've refused to allow that in current circumstances of not being able to celebrate it. I usually get my age on the back of one of my shirts so I re

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/neil-warnock-obvious-choice-manage-18614026.amp?__twitter_impression=true "Gibson is a hands-on owner and Bausor is a hands-on chief exe

Posted Images

Just now, DanFromDownSouth said:

Probably the shirt they were wearing! 😂

I'm giving people the benefit of the doubt. Or at least, I'm giving Brunners the benefit of the doubt because unlike DZ, he's not giving it the whole Eric Cartman:

• Haha 2
7 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

We pretty unanimously believe Stephens deserved a red but the growing consensus on this one is it isn't.

The Stephen’s incident was strange, ref gave a yellow but Gaston showed the ref his leg and the ref changed his mind when he saw the gash. That’s not really the right way to referee, but it went in our favour, most Brighton fans I know think it was a yellow, most Boro fans think it was a red. 

43 minutes ago, DevKWat said:

Not to sound too condescending but surely you all have better things to be doing on a Friday night than argue over a decision that went our way in the end? 

It's lockdown, there's *** all to do.

• Like 1
51 minutes ago, Humpty said:

The sooner a few you realise people can have differing opinions the sooner this place will be a lot more harmonious.

Yeah come on everyone.  Even total doyles like Humpty deserve respect.  Some of you should be ashamed of yourselves 👎

• Haha 1
51 minutes ago, DevKWat said:

Not to sound too condescending but surely you all have better things to be doing on a Friday night than argue over a decision that went our way in the end? 

Of course they bloody don't, have you seen the state of some of this lot? 

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, RiseAgainst said:

I'm having pizza for tea. With pineapple on. Now that's an argument people really like to get their teeth into (sorry).

Why do we care what you wear when you eat pizza? 🤪

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

I assume that the people on here that are adamant that the appeal being successful means that it definitely wasn't a red card also believe that when someone is acquited of a crime they're definitely not guilty?

2 hours ago, Brunners said:

He was going to give a yellow, NW confirmed that today. He got talked into upgrading by the linesman.

Fair enough.

Humpty is still wrong though.

I still believe McNair didn't even touch him.

6 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

I assume that the people on here that are adamant that the appeal being successful means that it definitely wasn't a red card also believe that when someone is acquited of a crime they're definitely not guilty?

I didn’t believe it was a red card at the time and I still don’t now. The appeal being successful or not doesn’t change that. Plenty of guilty people have walked away Scot free just like plenty of innocent people have been banged up for nothing. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

Branthwaite caught Fry in the face by accident, if that’s a red, the game’s gone!

Law 12 doesn’t say it has to be on purpose just  ‘A tackle or challenge that endangers the safety of an opponent’ is serious foul play and a red card offence.

13 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Be definition they are not guilty but that doesn’t mean they didn’t do it.

5 minutes ago, Blanco said:

I didn’t believe it was a red card at the time and I still don’t now. The appeal being successful or not doesn’t change that. Plenty of guilty people have walked away Scot free just like plenty of innocent people have been banged up for nothing. 

Yep, my point exactly. I think it was a red card but that we probably managed to get away with it due to some kind of loophole or because of the level of doubt. Just because it got rescinded doesnt mean anyone is right or wrong is my point, and the amount of "I told you so" going is is frankly very childish.

• Like 2