oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'

1 minute ago, guineapig said:

Adrian was fine for most of the time he was at West Ham (I have to declare an interest here because I am a West ham fan as well). Liverpool must have seen something in him or they wouldn't have bought him. Good choice I would say

he was free

• Replies 22.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

Posted Images

28 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Haha true

although tbf to him he had many solid seasons at West Ham and even kept out Randolph in West Ham.

He been hit and miss at LFC but football is all about levels. Looking shaky at LFC needs to be balanced out by fact he was a fairly solid GK at a mid table PL team for several years.

Yeah there was a point where he looked really good at West Ham, but we are going back 3/4 seasons now. I think once they (West Ham) brought in Fabianski they near enough bombed Adrian out the team for the whole season before he moved to Liverpool, but not sure if he was maybe injured or just outright replaced. 
Judging him on his time at Liverpool is probably unfair of me, because not playing consistently and knowing you are a back-up will have an effect on performances.

Hope no one is overly offended by this post but formed a list of free agents this summer who might interest us. My list is based on us remaining in the championship.

GOALKEEPERS

1.       Wayne Hennessey (age 34)

2.       John Ruddy (age 34)

3.       Kieran Westwood (age 34)

CENTRE BACKS

1.       Ciaran Clark (age 31)

2.       Christian Kabasele (age 30)

3.       Tim Ream (age 33)

4.       Tom Lees (age 30)

5.       Michael Morrison (age 32)

MIDFIELDERS

1.       Mo Besic (age 28)

2.       Barry Bannan (age 31)

3.       Alex Mowatt (age 26)

WIDE MEN

1.       Victor Moses (age 30)

2.       Jota (age 30)

3.       Bolasie (age 32)

4.       Jacob Murphy (age 26)

5.       Christian Atsu (age 29)

6.       Kamil Grosicki (age 33)

7.       Mendez Laing (age 29)

8.       Andreas Weimann (age 30)

9.       Sammy Ameobi (age 29)

10.   Junior Holliett (age 31)

STRIKERS

1.       Kienan Davis (aged 23)

2.       Scott Hogan (aged 29)

3.       Glenn Murray (38 in sept)

4.       Matej Vydra (aged 29)

5.       Connor Wickham (aged 28)

6.       Andy Carroll (age 32)

7.       Dwight Gayle (age 30)

8.       Hal Robson Kanu (age 32)

9.       Famara Diedhiou (age 28)

10.   Martyn Waghorn (age 31)

• Like 1

I'd be amazed if we weren't in for Diedhiou or Wickham and one of Hoilett, Waghorn or Bolasie if Warnock sticks around another season. If Mendez-Laing can drum up some fitness or form, a longer contract would be a no-brainer.

Off that list I wouldn't mind any of Diedhiou, Mowatt, Murphy and Ameobi. They'd give us options to play differently as well as improve the overall quality of the squad. I feel like most of our players are much of a muchness, especially in midfield and up front.

• Like 1

@MMC Holiett makes sense on many levels. He a free agent, don't think Cardiff are keeping him and his best football came under Warnock. Think he turns 31 in June so he not old.

Moses another Warnock spoken very fondly of him as think be broke through under Warnock.

Diedhiou would be an ideal signing but i feel he will have many suitors.

2 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

@MMC Holiett makes sense on many levels. He a free agent, don't think Cardiff are keeping him and his best football came under Warnock. Think he turns 31 in June so he not old.

Moses another Warnock spoken very fondly of him as think be broke through under Warnock.

Diedhiou would be an ideal signing but i feel he will have many suitors.

I'd snap your arm off for Moses, think he'll have top flight clubs that would offer a lot more than he could, don't think he's within reach. Agree on Hoilett, should have checked I thought he was older.

31 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Hope no one is overly offended by this post but formed a list of free agents this summer who might interest us. My list is based on us remaining in the championship.

GOALKEEPERS

2.       John Ruddy (age 34)

3.       Kieran Westwood (age 34)

CENTRE BACKS

1.       Ciaran Clark (age 31)

2.       Christian Kabasele (age 30)

4.       Tom Lees (age 30)

5.       Michael Morrison (age 32)

MIDFIELDERS

3.       Alex Mowatt (age 26)

WIDE MEN

1.       Victor Moses (age 30)

2.       Jota (age 30)

3.       Bolasie (age 32)

4.       Jacob Murphy (age 26)

7.       Mendez Laing (age 29)

10.   Junior Holliett (age 31)

STRIKERS

4.       Matej Vydra (aged 29)

7.       Dwight Gayle (age 30)

9.       Famara Diedhiou (age 28)

Removed the ones I wouldn't really have an interest in. Some interesting names left, some really quality CB's available from this league and the Prem. Would all depend on what wages they're asking for for the rest of them.

8 minutes ago, Will said:

Removed the ones I wouldn't really have an interest in. Some interesting names left, some really quality CB's available from this league and the Prem. Would all depend on what wages they're asking for for the rest of them.

Agree. There some decent bargains to be had. Morrison of Reading is type of CB i think Warnock wants. His ideal defender is Morrison from Cardiff but Reading one is of a similar mould but not as good.

Its clear he wants a physically imposing CB and a big striker at the very least.

• Like 1
45 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Would still take one of them. 34 not old for a GK

Westwood is actually 36, though our last promotion keeper was older than that, I believe. Have to agree, largely not fussed on age when it comes to keepers as it seems to generally affect their ability less. Dimi arguably put in his career best performances in his mid-30s and he didn't have much of a reputation before that.

• Like 1

I'm honestly not fussed on Mowatt, I know plenty bring his name up. Each to their own and all that but I haven't seen him do enough to warrant taking the place of any of our midfielders, certainly nothing much different to what our midfielders do. Maybe I've not watched him enough though. I thought he was gonna be big when he was at Leeds and was shocked when he had to drop down to play but he seems like a different kind of player since then.

• Like 1

Some decent attacking players on that list.

We could do with offloading one or two of our midfielders imo. They all are much if a muchness and none of them are pulling up any trees. I think we've missed a athlete with a physical presence in the cm position since we got relegated. I'd love us to look for a poor man's Viera type player.

Out of all those for me, these are the only ones that I'd really think I'd like to have if, as expected, we're still in the Championship and pretty much regardless of the manager we have.

Westwood
Bannan
Murphy
Vydra

I think Westwood is the best of those keepers and we do need a good keeper this summer. Bannan offers us something we don't have in midfield, something creative who doesn't have to play as a #10 but can work in a midfield 3 and takes a good set-piece. Murphy is still young and has really not made much of his career in the Prem but was great in the Championship and we definitely will need a winger or two this summer. And Vydra has always been, for me, one of the best strikers in this division when he's played in it. If Warnock is in charge, he might not be as good but I think he'd work well alongside another striker if that was the case.

• Like 1