'Other Boro stuff'

• Replies 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Great quote from Kevin Blackwell in the Athletic today 🤣🤣🤣

It's my birthday today, meant to be my 30th but I've refused to allow that in current circumstances of not being able to celebrate it. I usually get my age on the back of one of my shirts so I re

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/neil-warnock-obvious-choice-manage-18614026.amp?__twitter_impression=true "Gibson is a hands-on owner and Bausor is a hands-on chief exe

Posted Images

46 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Hat trick by Coburn. 

I heard good things about the young striker Callum Kavanagh as well @Smogzilla. You seen much of him? Thoughts? 

Oh yes, Kavanagh has a huge amount of potential and a great attitude from what I'm told. Fingers crossed he develops well because we could have a real star there if things go right.

• Thanks 1

Kavanagh along with Wood become great on football manager from 2022-2023 season  onwards. Hope Kavanagh, Wood and Coburn get good loans in L1 next season 

9 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

All our goals were quality finishes, can't pick a favourite, Stott with another lovely finish too.

Some nice assists too. Coburn with a lovely hook pass to assist Kavanagh. Encouraging 👍👍👍

• Like 1

Hello,

Can someone assist me on a discussion i am having with a friend.

Was there a podcast that Stu Downing did with Schwarzer i think last year where he confirmed he fell out with Gibson towards end of his boro stay? He mentioned his father demanded a meeting with Gibson but the meeting never took place as Gibson had backtracked on a promise or something? 

10 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Hello,

Was there a podcast that Stu Downing did with Schwarzer i think last year where he confirmed he fell out with Gibson towards end of his boro stay? He mentioned his father demanded a meeting with Gibson but the meeting never took place as Gibson had backtracked on a promise or something? 

I didn't listen to it but I thought it was more about him falling out with karanka? Though I'm not certain. 

• Thanks 1
13 hours ago, TLF10 said:

Hello,

13 hours ago, Neverbefore said:

I didn't listen to it but I thought it was more about him falling out with karanka? Though I'm not certain. 

It was inclusive of the end of his Boro career, surrounding the contract situation which stopped Pulis from starting him, even bringing him on in the first half on occasion. He said something along the lines of having a gentleman's agreement for a new contract that led him to waiving the automatic increase to his salary so he could play again... then the new contract never came.

This is the podcast:

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/stewart-downing-experience-we-chat-about-ups-downs/id1484297592?i=1000503117188

Yeah so clearly his dad and Gibson has a massive fall out given he refers to it as a “naughty conversation” and downing adds he not spoke to Gibson since.

All very odd that is going on in the same summer we are appointing the son in law/ brother in law.

58 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

Another handy win for the u18s. 

That Pharrell Willis needs to be fast-tracked into the first team.  The amount of happy related puns available could keep the Gazette in business for years.  And me on here actually.

• Haha 2
2 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

That Pharrell Willis needs to be fast-tracked into the first team.  The amount of happy related puns available could keep the Gazette in business for years.  And me on here actually.

We also have a player called Fenton John too, and that name brings me great joy.