oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'

I agree...  when Big Jack was here, they stuck their knives into Souness, Brine, Craig Johnston, Dave Mills, Alan Moody then later on Kernaghan, Ripley and Hammy.. we have some who just can't find it in themselves to say that their whipping boys can do anything right..  but on the other hand, if they do take to people, they will let them go uncriticised for any error.. if we went through every goal we conceded in a season, I would put money on it that most of the errors were made by senior lads ..  but then again, it is rare than you can put it down to a single player (like Paddy falling over against Brentford), usually its a case of "When X lost the ball, Y should have been covering and Z should have backed him up" or "why was he given the ball when three men were next to him"..  I enjoy seeing the game through other peoples eyes and sometimes people make a point and you realise they may be onto something but there are others that are just relentlessly negative and I end up thinking if that's how you feel even when we have a decent game, why are you here... but it takes all sorts and if we agreed ..  then this would be a pretty boring placezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz  

• Like 4
  • Replies 22.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Posted Images

2 hours ago, TLF10 said:

NW said in his pre match conference that “he has a very good feeling about one of our youngsters who has not even been involved yet”. I sense he was referring to Kavanagh.

Possibly Jones? he's having a decent loan spell

Just now, Brunners said:

Jones played in the Brentford game in the cup I think.

he did, came on as a sub.

When NW said, hadn't been mentioned, (to me) it sounded like he meant hadn't been mentioned in name (lately). Don't think he has ever mentioned him directly. 

if not Jones, then Isaac Fletcher is another option, he's coming back well after injury.

The under 23 just conceded in the 94th minute to bottle it 3-2 against Palace a draw would of been enough to guarantee a playoff space now they face Palace at home on the final match day knowing another loss will knock them out the playoffs. Connor Malley with both goals 

• Thanks 1

If you have time watch the U23’s highlights at Palace. They play expansive attacking football, play out from the back and actually create chances with the ball on the floor. 

Why is this model not being continued into the first team? All our youth players are used to playing good football and get thrown into playing under the Pulis’ and Warnock’s of the world. Makes no sense. 

Malley would be brilliant in the first team if we played the same way as the 23’s FYI. 

• Like 4
16 minutes ago, DevKWat said:

If you have time watch the U23’s highlights at Palace. They play expansive attacking football, play out from the back and actually create chances with the ball on the floor. 

Why is this model not being continued into the first team? All our youth players are used to playing good football and get thrown into playing under the Pulis’ and Warnock’s of the world. Makes no sense. 

Malley would be brilliant in the first team if we played the same way as the 23’s FYI. 

Sounds like we need to promote to the U23 coach to the top job when Warnock leaves.

I agree it does seem mad that Boro have a youth system that promotes one style of play, yet we seem to see-saw back and forth between styles with the senior team.

I guess it makes sense that coaches like Warnock and Pulis would be reluctant to use academy players, as they clearly haven't been taught to play their preferred style.

• Like 1
On 5/1/2021 at 10:36 PM, Old Codger said:

I agree...  when Big Jack was here, they stuck their knives into Souness, Brine, Craig Johnston, Dave Mills, Alan Moody then later on Kernaghan, Ripley and Hammy.. we have some who just can't find it in themselves to say that their whipping boys can do anything right..  but on the other hand, if they do take to people, they will let them go uncriticised for any error.. if we went through every goal we conceded in a season, I would put money on it that most of the errors were made by senior lads ..  but then again, it is rare than you can put it down to a single player (like Paddy falling over against Brentford), usually its a case of "When X lost the ball, Y should have been covering and Z should have backed him up" or "why was he given the ball when three men were next to him"..  I enjoy seeing the game through other peoples eyes and sometimes people make a point and you realise they may be onto something but there are others that are just relentlessly negative and I end up thinking if that's how you feel even when we have a decent game, why are you here... but it takes all sorts and if we agreed ..  then this would be a pretty boring placezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz  

I've always been of the opinion you should attack and defend as a team.

When you don't have the ball, you should either be actively trying to win it back, or at least closing the opposition down and trying to stop them getting toward your goal.

The decisive moment usually comes down to one player failing to do something, but I think usually you can look at the build up to the goal and say a number of players should have done better.

Though Bettinelli is still terrible and needs to go.

• Like 3

Big week for the youth teams. All available to watch online. U23s need a positive result to guarantee a play off place on Friday.

Both games to be streamed for free on YouTube. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Ye finally games streamed on YouTube long time coming as these games seem alot more enjoyable than the first teams 😂🤣 This is why we need a director of football though so there is the pathway as it is rather bonkers how we train our youth to play a certain way then reach first team they are asked to do the complete opposite to what they've been taught 

• Like 1

Wonder if some of the youngsters who are in first team squad play on Friday night for u23s and then take spot on bench following day. 

I imagine only Coburn and Malley realistically would come off bench on Saturday unless injury so others might play on Friday 

7 hours ago, Smogzilla said:

Big week for the youth teams. All available to watch online. U23s need a positive result to guarantee a play off place on Friday.

Both games to be streamed for free on YouTube. 

Can't see kick off times there?