• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

Posted Images

Out of curiosity, I checked on Transfermarkt and you may have discovered the reason for the failure to push on,  none of his signings appear to match your specifications. 🙂

15 minutes ago, Old Codger said:

Out of curiosity, I checked on Transfermarkt and you may have discovered the reason for the failure to push on,  none of his signings appear to match your specifications. 🙂

that lad from Bristol city i was referring to. just a big lump with a bad touch. i hope we dont sign that spud. or any other potato footed lump. imagine our technical players like tav and erm.............. yes the others ahem. trying to play it round the floor and our target man just has the ball bounce off him. as a old mate of mine says. second touch is a tackle.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

See we are in lower half of Fan Engagement Index...  good ratings for Governance and Transparency...  let down by low score for Dialogue...  wonder if that has improved under Warnock with his Zoom stuff and Yusuf getting to interview team members?

57 minutes ago, Dynamo Kev said:

that lad from Bristol city i was referring to. just a big lump with a bad touch. i hope we dont sign that spud. or any other potato footed lump. imagine our technical players like tav and erm.............. yes the others ahem. trying to play it round the floor and our target man just has the ball bounce off him. as a old mate of mine says. second touch is a tackle.

they'll be used to it having played for years with Britt "flubber boots" Assombalonga.

• Haha 3
1 hour ago, Old Codger said:

See we are in lower half of Fan Engagement Index...  good ratings for Governance and Transparency...  let down by low score for Dialogue...  wonder if that has improved under Warnock with his Zoom stuff and Yusuf getting to interview team members?

That's all superficial. The fans want their opinions listened to and acted up on. Things like a Director of Football and some form of long term strategy. Fans see through things (or at least they should) like a free pint, Yusuf meets... or a Warnock soundbite. It's all gone done hill since Anthony Emmerson left the club.

2 hours ago, Old Codger said:

Transparency? Unless you believe everything Warnock says then where is the transparency? Christ, no one had any idea whether Woodgate was dead or alive, let alone still at the club, before he joined Bournemouth. It's a also some sort of huge secret what our actual strategy or amition is. I would score the club very low on transparency. What does Governance and Transparency even cover?

• Like 1

I wouldn't say our ratings for any of those things were good, they averaged out.

66th overall out of 91 teams (a sad reminder Bury were expelled). Governance is 25, Transparency 20, Dialogue 15.

If you bunch all the teams together into a position based on their individual scores, we are:

12th out of 16 in Dialogue
9th out of 14 in Governance
7th out of 10 in Transparency

I don't think its a shock that Governance is the one keeping us dropping lower, Gibson will keep us afloat by any means. He might make challenges for himself but he'll keep us going one way or another.

On a national scale, what does it say about the Premier League that none of the top 10 teams were in it this season and for the season it was done, only Norwich were in the top 10 in 10th, only Reading as a Championship representative in 8th. The top 4 teams were League Two teams, the other 4 were League One.