Jump to content
oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'


Recommended Posts

31 minutes ago, Humpty said:

The forum have any thoughts on Warnock using the clubs press conference recently to air his political views?

It's not on tbh, he can have whatever political views he wants but whilst representing the club in any kind of official capacity they shouldn't be aired.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Great quote from Kevin Blackwell in the Athletic today 🤣🤣🤣

It's my birthday today, meant to be my 30th but I've refused to allow that in current circumstances of not being able to celebrate it. I usually get my age on the back of one of my shirts so I re

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/neil-warnock-obvious-choice-manage-18614026.amp?__twitter_impression=true "Gibson is a hands-on owner and Bausor is a hands-on chief exe

Posted Images

It probably won't amount to much regarding Derby. There certainly won't be a points deduction this season and if they are given one for next season I very much doubt that it's going to be more than the 6 Wednesday got. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Humpty said:

The forum have any thoughts on Warnock using the clubs press conference recently to air his political views?

I think it shows a colossal lack of judgement on his behalf. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

What did Warnock actually say? I can't find it in print.


Pretty unprofessional 
absolute melon
i miss when he wasn’t our manager and I could just laugh at everything he does
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Humpty said:

The forum have any thoughts on Warnock using the clubs press conference recently to air his political views?

He did it before at Cardiff in regards to Brexit so I’m not really shocked or bothered.

Any self respecting Boro fan shouldn’t care what a guy who will only be in charge of the club for 2 years thinks, especially when the owner is pretty vocal about which party he supports. The one that isn’t necessarily that popular in the area.

Football is more important than politics ❤️

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ogbeche173 said:

He did it before at Cardiff in regards to Brexit so I’m not really shocked or bothered.

Any self respecting Boro fan shouldn’t care what a guy who will only be in charge of the club for 2 years thinks, especially when the owner is pretty vocal about which party he supports. The one that isn’t necessarily that popular in the area.

Football is more important than politics ❤️

He can hold whatever views he wants but airing them in a press conference is unprofessional and unnecessarily divisive. 
 

Your last comment assumes you can easily divide the two. I would strongly argue that is not possible - see the European super league for a prime example

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, RealSlimSladeyy said:

Pretty unprofessional 
absolute melon
i miss when he wasn’t our manager and I could just laugh at everything he does

Hardly inflammatory comments but I do agree... Just keep your political views to yourself. Like everyone else does when they're working.

Focus on not getting smashed 3-0 at home by relegated Wycombe. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Absolutely zero f**ks given about what he said. If you are the type of person that rates  another on their  mainstream political stand point they hold it sounds like a you problem to me. 
Yes I believe the NHS/MOD are the driving force behind the vaccine rollout success. But if it was a failure it wouldn’t be them taking the criticism it works 100% be Boris so he deserves a bit of the credit

 Now the He shouldn’t use his/Boro’s  platform to air potentially divisive views does hold water and I can see it irking some. But for me... meh. Also it would be interesting to hear what he was asked that lead to his response. He may of freely offered it up but just going on that clip (I haven’t seen the whole interview) it’s such a non event in my book

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

32 minutes ago, RealSlimSladeyy said:

Pretty unprofessional 
absolute melon
i miss when he wasn’t our manager and I could just laugh at everything he does

I was wondering how it came to that, found it as the last few minutes of the Wycombe pre-match conference. Wondered what the question was that lead to him doing that, apparently the same as @Uwe above!

It all came from the last question which asked him if he'd go on a foreign holiday to unwind. After saying no, how he'll be staying in the UK and perhaps sticking in the local area for some days out, he goes on to mention the travel firms who have lost out during the pandemic and then goes on to say this segment above...

32 minutes ago, Ogbeche173 said:

He did it before at Cardiff in regards to Brexit so I’m not really shocked or bothered.

Any self respecting Boro fan shouldn’t care what a guy who will only be in charge of the club for 2 years thinks, especially when the owner is pretty vocal about which party he supports. The one that isn’t necessarily that popular in the area.

Football is more important than politics ❤️

...and to be fair, what has he said beyond, as Ogbeche says here, what Steve Gibson has said in public before? I don't think this is any worse than Gibson sending letters round Stockton South to ask them to vote for James Wharton, I don't think it's even close to be honest. Is it alright for Gibson to use his position to influence votes in the run-up to an election? The letter did come from him as a person and not the club but the link is pretty synonymous, especially given he mentioned it in the letter.

I'm not saying what Warnock's done is fine, mind. He's managed to take a question about a holiday from the media and turn it into a political opinion for a start, surely he's advised against that, not that I imagine he cares much for that  media training. I'm glad he's not a boring *** in interviews but the training isn't all for naught.

And the immediate thing that comes to mind given the recent elections is when did this conference actually take place? The votes were Thursday, the timestamp on the Boro site says Friday morning. I think it's irresponsible at least for the club to be pushing political allegiances of its employees out into the press but that problem becomes worse around election days. You just have to look at the source of this video on Twitter for that; it's come from an MP closer to the other end of the country.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Uwe said:

Absolutely zero f**ks given about what he said. If you are the type of person that rates  another on their  mainstream political stand point they hold it sounds like a you problem to me. 
Yes I believe the NHS/MOD are the driving force behind the vaccine rollout success. But if it was a failure it wouldn’t be them taking the criticism it works 100% be Boris so he deserves a bit of the credit

 Now the He shouldn’t use his/Boro’s  platform to air potentially divisive views does hold water and I can see it irking some. But for me... meh. Also it would be interesting to hear what he was asked that lead to his response. He may of freely offered it up but just going on that clip (I haven’t seen the whole interview) it’s such a non event in my book

UNPOPULAR OPINION WARNING!

I actually like it when people give genuine opinions on things that aren't necessarily related to their job. Otherwise they just come across as dull, corporate drones.

I mean if its in their contract that they mustn't do or say anything that could remotely be construed as controversial, then fair enough.

But if they have freedom to speak their mind - let them do it. Agree that while Boris hasn't personally developed and distributed the vaccine, he would definitely be copping the flak if it hadn't proven a success. 

I also personally couldn't care less if he'd got Nick Knowles and the Changing Rooms crew to re-do his flat. That is so far down the list of the country's priorities right now. Which is probably why Labour lost out again to the Tories. They were so fixated on painting them as sleazy and corrupt that they forgot to tell voters what their policies were. 😂

 

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't like Boris at all but I don't think anybody else in his position would have actually done much different in terms of the pandemic. The world over, nobody was willing to take the potential effect of a pandemic seriously enough to legitimately prepare for it so anybody in his seat would have been making it up as they went along. Our leaders should know better but I'm guessing our potential leaders should too.

The flat thing might seem daft but that's just because people are talking about the renovations themselves for the most part. The grander issue is not about a flat, it's not about 'criticising him for having some bloody wallpaper' as Warnock spouted. It's about the money, how he got it and what rules he may have broken in taking it. Those rules aren't in place to stop the PM from renovating his flat but it raises the question of what donations he's willing to take and use without disclosing them. It is absolutely something our opposition parties should challenge.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I don't like Boris at all but I don't think anybody else in his position would have actually done much different in terms of the pandemic. The world over, nobody was willing to take the potential effect of a pandemic seriously enough to legitimately prepare for it so anybody in his seat would have been making it up as they went along. Our leaders should know better but I'm guessing our potential leaders should too.

The flat thing might seem daft but that's just because people are talking about the renovations themselves for the most part. The grander issue is not about a flat, it's not about 'criticising him for having some bloody wallpaper' as Warnock spouted. It's about the money, how he got it and what rules he may have broken in taking it. Those rules aren't in place to stop the PM from renovating his flat but it raises the question of what donations he's willing to take and use without disclosing them. It is absolutely something our opposition parties should challenge.

can't agree with this bit, the countries that were willing to take the tough decisions at the outset, where the ones who had a plan.

 

the rest, agree, it's not about wallpaper, it's how he got the funds 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Latest Posts

    • If Muniz does fall through we really do need to get some players in sharpish We've lost 30 goals from the players who've left, including 6 of our 8 top scorers (assuming Akpom leaves) and so far have brought in 15 goals with Ikpeazu, Crooks and Ameobi  This for a side that's already notoriously low scoring and lacking in creativity What worries me is the absence of links to wingers and attacking midfielders other than Lazaro and a few washed up has beens  11 days till Fulham...    
    • What will happen is; Muniz will go to Athletico We will bid for Lazaro We will agree a deal for Lazaro  Fulham will bid for lazaro We will buy Smith from Rotherham
    • Get begging Muniz to join us Twitter link
    • He will undoubtedly sign for Fulham and play for one of the most inoffensive clubs in English football in one of the least intimidating grounds in England.  He won't have a clue though. 
    • Yeah that is what I meant. Fulham never technically beat us to Bryan. They beat Villa to him. We were technically not in running for Bryan as far as player was concerned. His 3rd and final choice.

×
×
  • Create New...