Jump to content
oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'


Recommended Posts

Just now, Brunners said:

He does have a point though. You see it across the world all the time, people are suspiciously quiet when someone says something they agree with, I don't see why the forum would have been any different. 

I'll agree he shouldn't just blanket statement everyone, but I think it's a fair argument to say that had he made a statement the other way, a number of the people who commented here would not have done.

Except the issue isn't what he's said, as multiple people (including myself) have said in their posts before now. The issue is him saying it whilst representing the club. He can support whichever political party he wants, he can go out and canvas for a political party if he wants for all I care, don't do it whilst representing Middlesbrough Football Club in an official capacity in a post-game press conference (especially when the question had absolutely nothing to do with it). My view on that wouldn't change if he was supporting the Conservatives, Labour, Lib Dems, UKIP or the Greens as it has absolutely nothing to do with who he has expressed support for.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Great quote from Kevin Blackwell in the Athletic today 🤣🤣🤣

It's my birthday today, meant to be my 30th but I've refused to allow that in current circumstances of not being able to celebrate it. I usually get my age on the back of one of my shirts so I re

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/neil-warnock-obvious-choice-manage-18614026.amp?__twitter_impression=true "Gibson is a hands-on owner and Bausor is a hands-on chief exe

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Will said:

Except the issue isn't what he's said, as multiple people (including myself) have said in their posts before now. The issue is him saying it whilst representing the club. He can support whichever political party he wants, he can go out and canvas for a political party if he wants for all I care, don't do it whilst representing Middlesbrough Football Club in an official capacity in a post-game press conference (especially when the question had absolutely nothing to do with it). My view on that wouldn't change if he was supporting the Conservatives, Labour, Lib Dems, UKIP or the Greens as it has absolutely nothing to do with who he has expressed support for.

And that's fine; I believe you. I, personally, don't believe that to be true of the majority of people though. Call me cynical but I would be willing to bet quite a lot that had he said something the other way, a lot of the people calling him out wouldn't have done so.

People hide behind the "don't do it while representing the club" when what they mean is "don't do what I disagree with while representing the club", again, you see *** like that all the time, that's just how people are unfortunately.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Politicians are a corrupt self serving bunch at the best of times with the majority only in it for their own interests. Their detachment from what the real concerns and problems of their electorate are I find quite staggering. I can't stand Boris at the best of times but found Keir harping on about Theresa'a flock wallpaper removal tedious and bordering on comical, it would appear so did the electorate during a global pandemic, businesses going under, high streets emptying and unemployment looming large for many.

I know that of course there was/is a bigger question about who paid for it but my own thoughts are that whatever way its papered over (pun intended) somebody somewhere will have footed the bill and as we have seen from Derby and Sheffield Wednesday it can be creatively fudged, the only issue from my perspective is that it could and should have been fudged. I'm only surprised that people are surprised at Politicians looking after themselves.  

I couldn't care less what anyone's political leanings or bias is as I don't care much for those in the Commons (and even less for the scroungers in the Lords) at the best of times. Warnock's views are irrelevant to me on anything but MFC and I couldn't care less if he trumpeted Boris, Keir, Mrs Krankie or the Greens. I would guess that most of us have far more important things to get worked up over.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Brunners said:

And that's fine; I believe you. I, personally, don't believe that to be true of the majority of people though. Call me cynical but I would be willing to bet quite a lot that had he said something the other way, a lot of the people calling him out wouldn't have done so.

People hide behind the "don't do it while representing the club" when what they mean is "don't do what I disagree with while representing the club", again, you see *** like that all the time, that's just how people are unfortunately.

Very presumptuous of you. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Humpty said:

Very presumptuous of you. 

I won't deny that, maybe I'm just cynical and jaded, but it is how I think the world works. I don't expect this forum to be some magical place where everyone operates differently to the rest of the world.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Will said:

Nope, it's exactly wrong. Funnily enough, you don't know how everyone else on here would behave in that situation.

I know that you wouldn't have been on here complaining if he'd expressed support for someone else.  Just out of interest, who did you vote for in the last election?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Will said:

Except the issue isn't what he's said, as multiple people (including myself) have said in their posts before now. The issue is him saying it whilst representing the club. He can support whichever political party he wants, he can go out and canvas for a political party if he wants for all I care, don't do it whilst representing Middlesbrough Football Club in an official capacity in a post-game press conference (especially when the question had absolutely nothing to do with it). My view on that wouldn't change if he was supporting the Conservatives, Labour, Lib Dems, UKIP or the Greens as it has absolutely nothing to do with who he has expressed support for.

You just keep telling yourself that mate and maybe you'll end up becoming a better person.  Like me 👏

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I know that you wouldn't have been on here complaining if he'd expressed support for someone else.  Just out of interest, who did you vote for in the last election?

The Conservatives 😂

Thanks for walking into that one for me 😘

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Changing Times said:

Of course you did 🙌

Ah so I'm lying about that as well now?

I sure am glad that you are here to put me right on how I did act in the past and how I would react if this situation was slightly different. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Will said:

Ah so I'm lying about that as well now?

I sure am glad that you are here to put me right on how I did act in the past and how I would react if this situation was slightly different. 

Obviously I have no idea who you voted for as my stalking of you only began quite recently.  I just couldn't remember you having any issues with Gibson supporting candidates in the past, although having looked, it would have been James Wharton, who of course was a Conservative Party candidate.  If my recollection is faulty then I wholly retract my remarks to you, but then again, maybe you did vote Conservative, but just don't like Boris Johnson, in which case my point still stands.  I guess only you know that for certain 🙂

Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe you feel it's different when it's the owner rather than the manager?  I wouldn't see the distinction but fair enough if you do.  But then again maybe he just endorsed someone you were in support of yourself at that time, so you didn't mind him publicly supporting that person.  And maybe you think Boris Johnson is a clown but voted Conservative because you preferred their policies.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Latest Posts

    • We are such a depressing fan base, we should add a signature to each post with the contact details for Samaritans I get we have had a poor few years but isn't football meant to be a distraction to the ills of the world
    • 11pm on Tuesday the 31st of August. They reverted back to the old way because the Premier League clubs complained that it put them at a disadvantage compared to the other big leagues.
    • Does the window not shut half way through August now?
    • Hi everyone, Just a quick hello, I used to post on FMTTM until my account got suspended over a month ago without explanation, ive tried numerous times to email the admin but I think they have decided not to respond rather than face the truth. Hopefully you guys are not as sensitive as those on FMTTM and I will be able to post my thoughts without hurting anyones feelings :😉
    • At this point before last season, we had signed Grant Hall, whilst losing Friend, Ayala, Shotton, Gestede, Morrison, Pears and Clayton plus the loanees. We didn't make a second signing until the day before the opening game. This time we've lost Johnson, Fletcher, Assombalonga, Mendez-Laing, Archer, Saville, Wing and the loanees, but have already brought in 5 replacements with more on the way, the season doesn't start for another 11 days and the transfer window doesn't shut for well over a month. We're in a much more stable place than the start of last season financially too.

×
×
  • Create New...