'Other Boro stuff'

• Replies 14.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Great quote from Kevin Blackwell in the Athletic today 🤣🤣🤣

It's my birthday today, meant to be my 30th but I've refused to allow that in current circumstances of not being able to celebrate it. I usually get my age on the back of one of my shirts so I re

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/neil-warnock-obvious-choice-manage-18614026.amp?__twitter_impression=true "Gibson is a hands-on owner and Bausor is a hands-on chief exe

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Brunners said:

https://www.sporcle.com/games/MiddlesbroughFC/boro-players-at-the-riverside

How does everyone do on this new test by Boro?

I rather embarrassingly didn't even crack 50% and there are a LOT of players that I absolutely should have known but completely blanked on. How do you do?

I got 122, 20 minutes just isn't enough time, was too focused on the clock to focus on thinking.

Most irritated by the fact I missed Boateng and more embarrassingly Duncan Watmore, Mendez-Laing and Tavernier.

The rest of my misses I can forgive, but they're just brain freezes.

11 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

I got 122, 20 minutes just isn't enough time, was too focused on the clock to focus on thinking.

Most irritated by the fact I missed Boateng and more embarrassingly Duncan Watmore, Mendez-Laing and Tavernier.

The rest of my misses I can forgive, but they're just brain freezes.

I missed an annoying number of players from those early 00's teams that I really should have got.

I got 140 in the end. I lost my train of thought after a meeting so I restarted half way through and even managed to miss some I got in the first run. 🤪

So many on the list I'd forgot. 7 of them from this season in the end. So many from seasons I should have remembered. So many I could picture in my head but not name. So many young lads who got so few chances. So many who played the odd game on loan. I had the Argentinian midfielder with 2 appearances in my head for ages, I knew the letter it started with but I couldn't finish it. The Luxembourg player too, I knew who it was, turns out I had the wrong starting letter for his surname so I was never gonna get it.

The only 2 players I missed with over 100 apps at the Riverside were before I started following the Boro properly. I obviously know them and their names now but I don't think I had nearly enough information to remember them. I'd have liked it if it had their active seasons at Boro too as clues, might have got a few more then.

20 minutes ago, nunthorpered said:

167. That was hard. Total mind blank with 12 minutes left. Must have got about 5 in last ten mins lol

That's still pretty impressive though mate!

The only issue with that quiz is it has reminded me that Kike Sola has made an appearance at the Riverside and I haven't, despite us being equally talented footballers.

• Haha 3
40 minutes ago, Brunners said:

That's still pretty impressive though mate!

i messed up at the beginning just guessing players then i tried to think of the ones in order from the early days. Clock just seems to speed up 

4 minutes ago, nunthorpered said:

i messed up at the beginning just guessing players then i tried to think of the ones in order from the early days. Clock just seems to speed up 

Eventually i just started guessing popular UK surnames 😄

224 but ran out of time 🤦‍♂️

It felt like I spent 5 mins just trying to remember Mark Summerbell's name, which wouldn't be so bad but he wasn't the person I was even trying to remember.  I was actually thinking about Steve Baker and the League Cup semi final against Liverpool when he did that man-marking job on Steve McManaman.  I think Summerbell was the lad who was going out with one of Robson's daughters while he was playing for us?  Quite a few I didn't get from the last 5 years or so really.  Didn't even get a couple from the current squad 🤭

• Like 1
18 hours ago, Brunners said:

https://www.sporcle.com/games/MiddlesbroughFC/boro-players-at-the-riverside

How does everyone do on this new test by Boro?

I rather embarrassingly didn't even crack 50% and there are a LOT of players that I absolutely should have known but completely blanked on. How do you do?

I managed a grand total of 58, just going from memory. Could probably have got a fair few more, but 20 minutes isn't nearly enough time for me to rack my brains. I'd probably need a few hours at least.