• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

Posted Images

19 hours ago, Brunners said:

At least we're not the Friday night game this time.

And we will be mid table before kick off on Goal Difference after the Saturday fixtures so starting from where we left off!

• Haha 1
6 hours ago, Redcar Rioja said:

And we will be mid table before kick off on Goal Difference after the Saturday fixtures so starting from where we left off!

Could be bottom, if all the other games are draws! Bound to be bottom half.

Are fans going to be allowed at Bishop pre season friendly as its kinda a week away but zero info. 

Well 2 mins after I posted this boro released twitter update 🙂

Edited by DurhamRed
Boro released twitter statement
8 hours ago, DurhamRed said:

Are fans going to be allowed at Bishop pre season friendly as its kinda a week away but zero info. 

Well 2 mins after I posted this boro released twitter update 🙂

Was just about to come on and say this as I remembered you posting about it:

Also, mixed feelings about the news from the PM today but I can only say how excited I am to be going back. I'll be double jabbed by the first home game. Can't wait to get this boring international tournament out of the way so we can focus on the proper football again. 😍

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Opening the whole country up when the population isn't fully vaccinated and the Delta variant is rapidly spreading, with increases all across the UK?

Sure, what could possibly go wrong..

Well the exponential rise in infections / positive tests is certainly a bit alarming, as is the increase in hospitalisations...which are roughly back to where they were in April.

The only good news at present is the number of deaths is still very low.

24 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Can't wait to get back to normal 😍 

Could be rather short-lived depending how sensible people are.

If hospitalisations and deaths start increasing again, we could end up going through it all over again.

Given what we've seen over the last 18 months or so, I'm not sure I trust people to be sensible.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

The only good news at present is the number of deaths is still very low.

Deaths in this country is pretty much in line with the 5 year average. In fact two weeks ago we were 7% lower than the 5 year average. For the past month it's fluctuated from 7% lower to 2% higher than the 5 year average. So deaths are currently totally in line with what we would usually expect to see..

The hospitalisations and % of people that get "long covid" are the concerns (right now anyway). https://www.theguardian.com/society/2021/jun/24/more-than-2m-adults-in-england-have-had-long-covid-for-over-12-weeks-study

While it hasn't been peer reviewed yet, this study suggests ~2m people have suffered from long covid which is.,.not ideal.

Ultimately though I still believe eventually we are going to have to learn to "just live with it", however harsh that sounds. The country can't afford another long term lockdown.

I will say public transport is one place I believe should still have masks because that logically would appear to be a great place to contaminate people.

• Like 2
27 minutes ago, Brunners said:

I will say public transport is one place I believe should still have masks because that logically would appear to be a great place to contaminate people.

This is the bit that worries me.

As you say, public transport, along with pubs, clubs and pretty much any other enclosed place where people can gather in large numbers, are going to be fertile breeding grounds for the virus. You just have to look at the outbreaks that have occurred among fans that have attended games at the Euros.

When you see all those people who have been opposed to mask wearing and social distancing, even at the height of the pandemic, coupled with all those who can't wait to ditch any kind of restrictions, as soon as we get to the 19th (incidentally the day I get my 2nd jab) you can't help but think infection rates will start to skyrocket within a few weeks.

There are sadly far too many people who don't think logically and have an, "I'm alright, Jack - screw everyone else" attitude.

Obviously infections on their own are no longer to be feared as they were before the vaccine rollout. But if the numbers admitted to hospital start to become a problem and the death toll starts to head upwards again...

A lot of business owners are very concerned. Do they continue to demand customers wear masks and/or socially distance, in order to protect themselves and risk losing patrons, or do they go back to complete normality and risk their health?

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Brunners said:

The hospitalisations and % of people that get "long covid" are the concerns (right now anyway). https://www.theguardian.com/society/2021/jun/24/more-than-2m-adults-in-england-have-had-long-covid-for-over-12-weeks-study

While it hasn't been peer reviewed yet, this study suggests ~2m people have suffered from long covid which is.,.not ideal.

Ultimately though I still believe eventually we are going to have to learn to "just live with it", however harsh that sounds. The country can't afford another long term lockdown.

Unless I'm reading this wrong, hospitalisations doesn't look that bad right now compared to the actual number of cases.

image.png.e7f817c1956e562dee9d0a8970dc6209.png

image.png.845b39cce857c15502de5674f72fa7d9.png

But yes, given the implications of actually just having had the virus full stop, it is a concern. I think I've managed to avoid it so far but at this point, I'm pretty much resigned to getting it at some stage or another. The new health secretary this morning is saying the cases will probably be about 100,000 a day at some point, it is all just accepted to be a thing now.

I don't like to quote the daft get in charge of the country who should really be under more intense scrutiny than he is for how we got here... but seriously, if not now, then when? If not during the summer when transmissions are meant to be generally lower than the winter, when do we actually open up again?

It all really frigging depresses me, it really does. We could and should have handled this better. But we are where we are and now the buck is going to be passed from those in charge onto the rest of the country in managing this. People who are mentally dying from lack of social interaction, who have been desperately waiting to be told they can spend time with, hug and kiss their loved ones. Will people point the finger at each other for not using 'common sense' or at the people actually responsible for allowing this to happen to us...

• Like 2

the figures we see in main stream are all fudged anyway to push any narrative they want to. i want my freedom back and i want all of you to have it to. whats life if we cant live.

prisoners in our own homes because a small minority will die if they are infected with covid19. we've done our bit to ensure the hospitals never got over ran. now we have a very high% of the population have either had covid or are vaccinated. the people who are high risk have been jabbed up. 

anyone having a moan at people called them selfish or i'm alright jack for wanting to get our freedoms back. can do one.

HAD ENOUGH OF THIS ***

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, Dynamo Kev said:

the figures we see in main stream are all fudged anyway to push any narrative they want to. i want my freedom back and i want all of you to have it to. whats life if we cant live.

prisoners in our own homes because a small minority will die if they are infected with covid19. we've done our bit to ensure the hospitals never got over ran. now we have a very high% of the population have either had covid or are vaccinated. the people who are high risk have been jabbed up. 

anyone having a moan at people called them selfish or i'm alright jack for wanting to get our freedoms back. can do one.

HAD ENOUGH OF THIS ***

I've had enough of it as well but it is still terrifying to think going back to normal could be the thing that kills off a vulnerable member of your family or a friend.

I think people are naturally anxious about the whole thing. Just as going into lockdown and changing our way of life for over a year has been a first for so many people, going the opposite way, from the restricted life to freedom is also going to be an experience in and of itself and a first. I'm a bit anxious about it but I'm mostly depressed that there's nothing more we can do.

22 minutes ago, Dynamo Kev said:

HAD ENOUGH OF THIS ***

Got proof of this, or are you just talking ***?