oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'

4 hours ago, Smogzilla said:

Excellent win for the u18s this morning at Rockliffe. Thumped Everton 4-1. Some lads really impressed after stepping up from the u16s

Any youngins to look out for as they progress?

• Replies 22.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Any youngins to look out for as they progress?

2 news names who really stood out for me were Ash Macarthy and AJ Bridge. Both only 16 (AJ born in 2005, god I feel old 💀) but stepped up well.

Ash has been with the academy since joining the U9s and looks really solid at LB. Reads the game well and looks a very intelligent player, both defensively and offensively.

AJ is a centre mid. Looks very capable. Ran the Everton midfield ragged and won possession more times than the entire Everton midfield combined. This enraged the Everton manager who, suitably informed his players of his displeasure in a manner so deafening my ears are still ringing! 😳

Sonny finch, who featured last season, impressed up front. 2 goals and a constant threat.

It's a transition season for the u18s this year with a few lads stepping up but hopefully they can still have a good run!

• Like 1

Sounds like he had a decent game in the end, would you agree @Smogzilla? Just basing it off the report which reads:

Lewis was called upon twice more before half-time to prevent Boro from going further ahead. He reacted quickly to smother at Josh Coburn’s feet after good work by Payero and he also spread himself well to deny Sivi who had showed good feet.

Payero grew into the game and he sent a free-kick just over the top and as Boro enjoyed the territorial advantage, Lewis again did well to cut out a Joe Gibson cross. Some good visiting defending also denied Payero after a Gibson ball in

18 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Sounds like he had a decent game in the end, would you agree @Smogzilla? Just basing it off the report which reads:

Lewis was called upon twice more before half-time to prevent Boro from going further ahead. He reacted quickly to smother at Josh Coburn’s feet after good work by Payero and he also spread himself well to deny Sivi who had showed good feet.

Payero grew into the game and he sent a free-kick just over the top and as Boro enjoyed the territorial advantage, Lewis again did well to cut out a Joe Gibson cross. Some good visiting defending also denied Payero after a Gibson ball in

Got stronger as it went on. Won the ball a few times and isn't scared to ride a hard challenge.

• Like 3