'Other Boro stuff'

• Replies 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Great quote from Kevin Blackwell in the Athletic today 🤣🤣🤣

It's my birthday today, meant to be my 30th but I've refused to allow that in current circumstances of not being able to celebrate it. I usually get my age on the back of one of my shirts so I re

I can't imagine that game getting approved by Hasbro...

Posted Images

43 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

Straight into it

Seems everyone is there bar the two new lads. Bar Sammy and Browne obviously.

Really hope we get an update on Ameobi. Just a timescale would be nice.

19 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Seems everyone is there bar the two new lads. Bar Sammy and Browne obviously.

Really hope we get an update on Ameobi. Just a timescale would be nice.

Assume no fisher either? Did we ever get an update on what the craic is with him?

10 minutes ago, BearSmog said:

What little I saw of Payero he definitely looks a little lost /off the pace... 

Don't think he looked any different to anyone else really. Not a cause for concern, at least.

48 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Assume no fisher either? Did we ever get an update on what the craic is with him?

He is out for season club confirm i think a while back but did not confirm what with

1 hour ago, BoroBoy1989 said:

Hernandez looking very sharp, twists poor Jonny boy inside out at the end of that video 

Poor Jonny should get Onel to pay for the ankle surgery he needs after that.

1 hour ago, BearSmog said:

What little I saw of Payero he definitely looks a little lost /off the pace... 

You see him for like 10 seconds and he makes like two passes I don't really know how you can draw that assumption from the footage we saw there.

1 hour ago, Neverbefore said:

I don't think we ever had anything concrete beyond the club confirming it was season ending. Likely suggests ACL as it was a knee that a friend totally just fell on while he totally wasn't doing something he shouldn't be doing.

• Like 1

I was interested to see that someone else noticed that Payero was not really A1.  He looked very lost almost nervous or confused and that was just in the warm up.  Tav has been spoken to / about his lack of enthusiasm as a warm up artist but Payero shows all the same signs.

The other man who stood out for the wrong reasons was Malley - weak,  letting people run past him or "hiding" away from the ball.

These are two young players who are perhaps shy and may be in need of more help than they are getting.  Connor may have that sort of personality and maybe Payero is just in need of a lot of tlc.  ( homesickness does exist)

6 minutes ago, Rishworthian said:

I was interested to see that someone else noticed that Payero was not really A1.  He looked very lost almost nervous or confused and that was just in the warm up.  Tav has been spoken to / about his lack of enthusiasm as a warm up artist but Payero shows all the same signs.

The other man who stood out for the wrong reasons was Malley - weak,  letting people run past him or "hiding" away from the ball.

These are two young players who are perhaps shy and may be in need of more help than they are getting.  Connor may have that sort of personality and maybe Payero is just in need of a lot of tlc.  ( homesickness does exist)

I find it incredible that people can pull these thoughts from like 10 seconds of footage.

• Like 3
Just now, Brunners said:

I find it incredible that people can pull these thoughts from like 10 seconds of footage.

Agree with this. A couple of seconds is all Payero was shown. Conclusion cannot be drawn from such a short timeframe 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Rishworthian said:

I agree with your sentiments. He lacked conviction and didn’t really show much desire to get on the ball. As a midfielder in games and training I couldn’t get enough of the ball, I’d be demanding it. Compare and contrast with Crooks and Howson. Great examples of midfield fulcrums that demand the ball. I’m sure Payero is just settling in and finding his place. I had hoped he’d have more confidence than this mind. He’ll find his feet eventually.

17 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Especially when from what i've been told, in the u-23 game he played he was shouting instructions to his teammates and demanding the ball.

I didn't watch the Blackpool debacle so I can't comment, but apparently he was the same in that match?

• Like 1