oneBoro Forum

Sunday 29th December 3pm Kick Off.

Venue The Riverside aka "The theatre of hopes rising"

The last league game of 2013 sees the arrival of the enigma that is also known as Reading FC to the land of all things bright and Boroful.

I really do not know what to expect of them because they are a real Jeckyl and Hyde team at the moment losing their last 2 games but sitting very comfortably at the top end of the league and in many fans view a certainty of getting promotion.

Simarly we have won 2 on the spin for the first time this season so what will be the outcome 3 out of 3 for Boro or 3 out of 3 for Reading? Odds on for a draw then ha ha!!

Slowly but surely Karanka's influence is beginning to show through to the fans (I am sure in training the players know far better) and I for one am no longer dreading the relegation battle.

Clearly there are still improvements needed but it seems we maybe getting better defencively and ok 2 clean sheets do help........and I hope to god we can still rely on Shay Givens influence for a while to come.

But we come to the last game of this disaster year with some renewed belief and this is echoed on the forum. I hope to goodness that maybe we see a return of posters for this match day thread because things are on the up and up and I feel we can finish with a roar and a fillet to the New Years game which I am confident I will be doing. Wow 4 matches on the bouce is it possible???

Who do we want to see as a starting 11 has Juke finally blown his chances and do we need to see the return of Carayol.

Has Ledesma guarenteed another start?

Come on guys and gals lets make this thread one of the best supported thread as we all follow the continuing story of the Karanka era!

Close game but a Boro win

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

On the back of a few unlikely wins, I think we'll really go for this one with the confidence boost we've gained. The only change I would make to the team who performed heroically today would be Ayala for Gibson, and that's only if Ayala's injury keeps him sidelined. We were phenomenal today against the team who were top of the league going into the match.

3-0 Boro, Ledesma x2 and Juke to get a goal also!

Ledesma has to play!

If Carayol is back I'd quite like to see a front 4 of

Adomah----Ledesma-----Carayol

-----------Emnes--------------

but I'd like to see a lot of interchanging between the 4 of them since they can all do reasonably well in each position, all 4 are capable of goals too. I'd rather we had a reliable figure head to play in main striker position but for me this is the lesser of evils (out of Juke and Main).

Going for another 1-0 or 2-0 to the Boro. Winning three games in a row would be some turn around of fortunes. 2014 is already looking very promising, it can't get any worse than 2013 for the foreseeable...

Looks like I picked my moment to skip doing the match day threads!!!! DS mentioned I wasn't doing it prior to Millwall but thought you guys might like to know its coz I've been looking after my new baby girl!!! Going to this game to celebrate. Hopefully a big win!!

Quiz question of the day, when was the last time we won 3 on the bounce????