oneBoro Forum

cmon Boro, 3 in a row, can we start to believe if we win? would make Gibbo think hard about transfer options, if we were only 7 points behind the play offs, not a lot to make up over 23 games

I'm a major advocate of "if it ain't broke, i will kill you for changing it" keep same team, 2-0 winners, ledesma and ohhhhhh albert Adomah!!!

I'd like largely the same with except for Leabitter coming in for Smallwood. If Carayol is fit then keep him on the bench as an impact sub.

I think we can win this one, who wins in the championship is usually decided by form and momentum and we are definatly have more of those things than reading right now. However i cant see us keeping 3 consecutive clean sheets so im going for a 2-1 win with juke and carayol to score

Jutkiewicz

Adomah Emnes Ledesma

Leadbitter Smallwood

Friend Gibson Ayala Varga

Given

Same team, only Leadbitter in. Either for Smallwood into CM, or instead of Emnes in a more advanced position in front of Smallwood and Whitehead. But preferably the former.

Boro last six games (W3, D1, L2) are exactly the same as Leicester city's last six... And we are 6th in the form table. The table is quite tight at the moment, if we win the next string of upcoming games and other results go our way then we could move further up the table sooner than we thought.

A win here would swing me into a very optimistic mood so here's hoping.

Hopefully we can play most of the same lineup again despite the short spell of rest and that's probably what will be key to winning the game.

Would like to see Emnes & Juke play better than they have done so far this season.

I think Emnes has done well this season. Especially under Karanka, he is the one player that other teams worry about (maybe Adomah as well) and is nearly always doubled up on by defenders. I just wish he'd be a bit more selfish and shoot more!!

Back from Bristol for new year so will actually be going tomorrow. Really looking forward to it and hope we have a repeat of boxing day!

Tickets bought for tomorrow. Checking out the new Family section with one of my girls!!!

I think Emnes has done well this season. Especially under Karanka, he is the one player that other teams worry about (maybe Adomah as well) and is nearly always doubled up on by defenders. I just wish he'd be a bit more selfish and shoot more!!

I agree. Having him playing in the role behind a central striker gives teams a dilemma who to make their priority which gives our wingers the space to have an impact. We look a worse team when he isn't playing.

Technically Emnes is pretty similar to Ledesma. Both can dribble, good touch, good close control, ok pace, can pick a pass etc but the one thing that makes me prefer Ledesma is that he's fearless and isn't afraid to have a crack from 25 yards. Whereas emnes is the total opposite and looks like he has no faith in himself to shoot so always looks to pass to a teammate. It's clear that he's desperate for a goal to get his confidence going to be more brave as it's so frustrating to see him with such little faith in him scoring a goal. Hopefully a sitter presents itself for him tomorrow for him to slot in. :)

• Latest Posts

• The audio match day thread returns. Click the link below:   Click here for the Match Day Thread
    • I was just reading over the summer transfer window thread and I had one or two things to say about this in the summer 😡😀 I also found these two old posts of mine which I feel deserve to be highlighted for their prescience: From the 25th of June: I suspect that if Woodgate intends on us being a pressing / passing team (or whatever his intentions may be for us), that the majority of the players who are already here will be the players playing the bulk of the games.  I think we also have to consider that we must be desperate to get rid of some players and maybe we need to do that first before we sign their replacements?  And you've got to think that the likes of McNair, Tavernier and Fletcher are going to be used a lot more.  I wouldn't say they are like new signings or anything like that but I would see McNair as an obvious replacement for Besic and Tavernier to be used possibly in a variety of ways.  Fletcher takes one of the wide attacking positions and what are we looking for, another wide attacker and a full back or two?  I'm not saying that's how I'm looking at it, I'm just trying to look at it from the club's point of view.  So if we're only looking for a few players then things are more likely to be quiet as compared to previous windows. And even earlier on the 14th of June: It's part of our new philosophy.  Instead of having loads of right backs and one left back we are going to have loads of left backs and one right back. It's all change at Boro.   Absolutely nailed it, hurrah! ✌️ People really need to stop arguing with me now and just accept that I'm always right.
    • I think its, we're having to throw young players in desperate to make an impression and overdoing it
    • The bulk of the money the club owes is to Gibson O'Neill so he won't be putting us into administration.  Our outgoings are too high and really administration isn't going to help much with that.  We either have to reduce costs or increase revenue.  It's easier to do the former than the latter although selling some players will obviously help with that.  That's what we're doing at the moment.
    • The possibility that Gibbo is gradually winding things up in preparation for administration has occurred to me. I've been trying to push the thought away since the summer. There has been a lot of "woe is me, I've been doing everything by the rules and all these other mean clubs are cheating and making it impossible for us to compete financially" stuff coming out since last Spring. If he spins a good enough tale then a lot of fans will still see him as a hero for saving the club in 86 and giving them all these extra years. We get annoyed on here about all the lies and spin which come out of the club, but there are a lot of fans who lap it all up and believe everything they are told.