oneBoro Forum

I think we can win this one, who wins in the championship is usually decided by form and momentum and we are definatly have more of those things than reading right now. However i cant see us keeping 3 consecutive clean sheets so im going for a 2-1 win with juke and carayol to score

Jutkiewicz

Adomah Emnes Ledesma

Leadbitter Smallwood

Friend Gibson Ayala Varga

Given

I'd go with this but with Williams in for Smallwood

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

I think some people are still viewing Emnes through rose tinted spectacles. The fact is he's had more quiet and ineffective games than good and effective ones this season. Same goes for his entire career here so far.

As for tomorrow's game, I fancied us to have a good festive period so I suppose I should stick with that and go for a Boro win. Reading are a bit hit and miss at the moment. They've won well enough at Huddersfield and Forest in the last month or so but have also lost at home to Wigan and Bournemouth. They've got some canny players but look a bit disjointed to me, maybe a team that are less than the sum of their parts? If we can approach the game in the same way we approached the last one they we certainly have a good chance of taking the points. We have to start in the same manner, get into them and get on the front foot quickly and hopefully take more than one chance as well. I don't know about team changes, on the one hand we've won two in a row with two clean sheets so thinking would be to keep the same basic line up but we've had a few games in quick succession and might it be worth bringing in fresh legs? I could see Leadbitter coming in for someone although I'm not sure who he'd be most likely to replace. I think it would be really interesting though if Leadbitter remained on the bench in terms of what Karanka might be thinking about going into January and beyond. I'll go for a narrow win but I'm hoping we score more than once as we might need to in order to win this game.

If we win I think we can start talking about the play offs as a realistic prospect again. Very tough, and pretty unlikely, but tangible nonetheless.

Three on the bounce would just be beautiful.

All 3 of our home games under Karanka have been tight 1-0's(2 wins and 1 defeat) so I'm predicting another close game again to be settled by a single goal. However I hope the team can start adding a more clinical edge in front of goal to make the games less nervy later on as it leaves us vulnerable going into the later stages.

A very enjoyable forum. I found it funny to read through, and they seemed to have got the right blend of self deprecating humour, blind optimism and seething hatred of everything. Very similar to Oneboro

i felt like it was a time warp for this forum when mogga was about to get the chop. Have a go at the manager for setting up his team around the opposition... Check. Have a go at the managers post match interviews.... Check. Have a go at the manager for not playing enough attacking players.... Check.

Okay, well Reading have had a mixed season overall and decidedly mixed results recently, so I don't think we have anything to fear especially. They've actually scored fewer goals than Boro, but also conceded fewer. No real stand-out danger men, although the likes of Le Fondre and Pogrebnyak will need watching.

Boro actually have a marginally better record over the last 10 games:

BORO: W4 D2 L4

READING: W3 D3 L4

A decent team, so a point wouldn't be a bad result, but with home advantage and the momentum of back to back wins, I'd like to think we can get a third on the bounce - provided we continue to play as we have recently.

SBC27Dec2013_zps0291fc09.png

My Prediction: Boro 1 - 0 Reading

A tough game - we have to keep the concentration levels high and daft mistakes at zero. We have a decent starting 11 and the bench is not too bad. We need goals from our strikers. I reckon Juke will score today. Still sticking with 1:1 for the bet, 1:0 for my instinct.