oneBoro Forum

Boro V Bolton (A) 2-2

Venue

Reebock Stadium, Bolton

Wednesday 1st January 2014

KO 1500hrs (3pm)

Well I must admit that I did not expect to be doing my 4th league match day thread on the spin based on the pre Xmas results but here we are and can Boro's good fortune be extended to cover the whole festive period by gaining a win on the first day of the New Year?

Said earlier that there is a different feel to Boro and bit by bit Karanka seems to be jelling together a team that in all honesty is looking pretty good.

I seldom use this expression but in all honesty I think that this game takes on the mantle of THE MOST IMPORTANT GAME OF THE SEASON so far and why?

Our oppenants have just been crushed by a rampant Leicester City and must be very deflated irrespective of scoring 3 themselves and therefore it is a perfect opportunity to put in a good display and come away with 3 "road points" and allowing us to contrinue gaining confidence to what could be a very exciting 2nd half of the season.

We also recently beat Bolton at home with a rugged performance and I saw nothing then to suggest that we should fear them and with a new found belief I honestly feel we can get our first away win of 2014.

Others are now mentioning individuals no longer in defence so barring any injuries should we keep the same back four or do we need Woody involved if fit and available.

Will Kamara be ready for this game I am not too sure but it does seem that we are capable of scoring without strikers.

Same team as the Reading game.....would be good to keep a winning team together if possible.

Just hope we do not show too much respect and play the Karanka way which in my opinion is fine by me.

And yes I am being greedy as i do want to do a 5th consequetive match day thread so a hard fought 0-1 to Boro.

"All things bright and Boroful

Karanka made them all!

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't see past a boro win here.

I would draft woody in for gibbo if he is fit. Two games in 3 days is a lot for a young lad and woody is just too good to have on the bench. Other than that I would keep the same team. They deserve it after such an impressive display today.

We are notoriously bad over New Year periods, zero points from the past two years in the month of January. Now is the time to put this right, but I'm going for a 2-1 Bolton win and hoping my recent record of predictions is completely wrong again

these 2 away games will show how much we really have improved, both tough but very winnable. Butterfield for Emnes and other than that keep the same team, even if woodgate is fit gibson and ayala deserve another chance. Bolton were very poor when we played them a few weeks ago, in this form we should beat them

these 2 away games will show how much we really have improved, both tough but very winnable. Butterfield for Emnes and other than that keep the same team, even if woodgate is fit gibson and ayala deserve another chance. Bolton were very poor when we played them a few weeks ago, in this form we should beat them

this was exactly what i was thinking. It was only a few weeks back that they literally showed nothing going forward against us.

Bolton are there for the taking, but are also due a big performance i would be happy with a point, be ecstatic if we kept a clean sheet. I think the cup game is a bit of a unwelcome distraction but Blackpool should be there for the taking, with 1 draw and 5 losses in the last 6.

In terms of assessing the team and if we have turned a corner I think it be how we play the game following our next defeat (if that makes sense)

Can't wait for this, got our tickets before the weekend. We look great at the moment and confidence should be sky high, whereas Bolton are up and down. A very winnable game here,. I'll go for another couple of goals and another clean sheet, 2-0!