oneBoro Forum

Boro V Bolton (A) 2-2

Lots of optimism on here - makes a nice change. Afraid I'm going to be the buzzkiller here and inject a note of caution.

While it does make change to be playing a team below us in the league, Bolton on their home turf will be a tough game. They started the season poorly, but have won 5 of their last 10 games (accounting for all but 1 of their wins this season). Okay they've also lost 4, but the last defeat was a right ding-dong battle at the league leaders, which suggests they don't lack fighting spirit. After that match they're going to be out for redemption against Boro.

They do ship quite a few goals, but have also drawn a lot of games (only 1 of the last 10 but 8 overall).

A win certainly isn't out of the question, but a draw wouldn't be a bad result (given our tradition of losing on New Year's Day).

BorovBoltonmatchstats_zpsbe7a63d3.png

Heart says we could very well win this, but my head says Bolton could make it really tough for us. Perhaps the festive fixture list will finally catch up with us?

My prediction: Bolton 1 - 1 Boro

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I can see this being a tough game. Bolton fans will want a response after their heavy defeat away at Leicester.

I'm going for a 1-1 or a narrow 2-1 victory for either team in the dying minutes, hopefully in favour of Boro!

From having a quick read of a Bolton forum, they all seem to think that their home form is turd and they seem to be pretty split about whether Freedman should be sacked or not...

They sound like us about 8 weeks ago.

if we score early in this one and pen them back like we have done over the Christmas period, it may be 3 points for the Boro and a P45 for Freedman.

We've played quite a high tempo pressing game recently and you just hope fatigue isn't going to affect us with the fixtures coming thick and fast. On form we have nothing to fear from them.

Where the hell is Davy Wheater these days!?!

We've played quite a high tempo pressing game recently and you just hope fatigue isn't going to affect us with the fixtures coming thick and fast. On form we have nothing to fear from them.

Where the hell is Davy Wheater these days!?!

We have played a high tempo game but on the up side. Leadbitter smallwood ayala gibson woody main juke ledesma carayol havent played all the games so are still fresh without being too anal i think only given adomah friend and varga can play in all 3

With Whitehead suspended I suspect that if we are to sub on a CM to provide energy we might bring on Rhys Williams as there isn't too many other options.

With our usual New Year dip I would happily settle for a draw to keep our run going and confidence up.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25559504

Wow. this could have so easily been us.

Yeah, its been on the news that Bolton currently have debts of over £160million! And to think Boro came close to liquidation (again) with debts of less than half that.

I can only imagine the future must be looking pretty bleak for them unless they can secure some serious financial backing, as well as drastically reducing their operating costs.

Just another example of why we should be thankful our chairman acted quickly, opting for short-term pain to secure long-term stability.

Would quite like to see:

-------------Given-------------

Varga- Gibson - Woody- Friend

------Leadbitter---s'wood---------

AA--------Ledesma*--------carayol

--------------Juke-----------------

*Ledesma with a free role to go whereever the hell he likes, pick up the pockets of space between the lines and drift wide.

As much as 4-wins on the bounce seems like dreamland, there's no reason why we can't beat them. They're not in good form, their confidence isn't high, and we're looking like a completely different proposition to only a month ago.

...So, 2-1 to Bolton...!

Nah, 3-1 to the revitalised Boro!

If we're as disciplined and counter attack as well as we did against Burnley and Reading then I can't see how we won't win. We may be in good form but I would probably settle for a point though with our poor record at theirs and it will keep our points tally and confidence steadily ticking along.