oneBoro Forum

Boro V Bolton (A) 2-2

With the way other results have gone today we will look ast this game later as a "IF ONLY" could have made up some points on others.

Not complaining but bitterly disappointed we did not see this game out especially as our next away game is at Blackpool

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

With the way other results have gone today we will look ast this game later as a "IF ONLY" could have made up some points on others.

Not complaining but bitterly disappointed we did not see this game out especially as our next away game is at Blackpool

Blackpool have been awful recently.

It is not all doom and gloom. We should have had the win. I am sure the lads will be bitterly disappointed.

But 4 games back we were 1 loss from the relegation zone. Now we are 2 wins from the play offs. A big turn around.

I am starting to get some confidence in the team once again. A good point and a good run.

Problem is we still dont a goalscoring striker mains goal was going be an Own goal and everytime rhys plays we loose points hes like a plague in this team

I agree he seems to be a jinx in the team, maybe we should sell him??

Don't see the point being angry with this.. We're unbeaten in 4, we beat top of the table a few weeks back, we've had 3 clean sheets out of 4. We're looking like we're finally sorting ourselves out a bit.

We had 2 lucky goals for us today, and looking at the stats and what people say were getting battered by them. It could have been different, we could have lost this.

It's a point away from home, stop the doom and gloom ffs. Three wins and you expect a win every week? Stop being fickle some of yous.

Really frustrating to concede so late on again. 10 from 12 is a great return, but you can't ignore us throwing away a 2 goal lead, which you can't do when you've got promotion aspirations.

I wasn't at the game, but it's an unfortunate coincidence that Williams comes back in and we don't play as well as we have been without him.

Lets not be too down about this. Quite a few of us would have taken a point beforehand.

I will agree though that Williams should never play in defence again. If Karanka wants to play him, he should only be given roles in central midfield. Dunno if he was responsible for the equaliser (sounded a bit of a scrum) but its uncanny that his return coincided with us conceding 2 goals after 3 clean sheets.

Bolton's first goal sounded a class effort - nothing Given could have done about it, but the equaliser should have been completely avoidable.

And lets not forget Maddo's words of wisdom, "they're a good side, going forward". ;)

Just a word to everyone: I will have the Hull (FA Cup) thread up later tonight.

I've been fairly critical of Rhys Williams but unless he's made a mistake for either of the goals then I'm not sure he can be blamed for us conceding them. We didn't play especially well today and the two goal lead flattered us and was a lot more to do with Bolton making mistakes. The problem is that from that point, probably because we weren't playing well, we were unable to take control of the game as a good side would have done. From that perspective it's a disappointing result but actually highlights the weaknesses we still have in the side, which I think some people have forgotten because we've won a few games. Those things haven't disappeared and still need to be addressed.

It is not all doom and gloom. We should have had the win. I am sure the lads will be bitterly disappointed.

But 4 games back we were 1 loss from the relegation zone. Now we are 2 wins from the play offs. A big turn around.

I am starting to get some confidence in the team once again. A good point and a good run.

It's the fact it could have been a win and a draw that's getting at me.

Don't see the point being angry with this.. We're unbeaten in 4, we beat top of the table a few weeks back, we've had 3 clean sheets out of 4. We're looking like we're finally sorting ourselves out a bit.

We had 2 lucky goals for us today, and looking at the stats and what people say were getting battered by them. It could have been different, we could have lost this.

It's a point away from home, stop the doom and gloom ffs. Three wins and you expect a win every week? Stop being fickle some of yous.

I'm not angry with it, just gutted, absolutely Gutted.