oneBoro Forum

Boro V Bolton (A) 2-2

Maddison did say a few minutes before Adomah went off exhausted that we looked tired and have started sitting deep. As soon as he said that I thought the writing was on the wall like other late goals.

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

AK

"I wasn't happy with the team, When you win three games in a row keeping clean sheets you think everything is okay but it's important for my players to know who we are.

"We found two goals from the sky, two Bolton mistakes. But we didn't play well and I didn't like my team. "If people asked me ten days before if I would be happy with ten points I would have said yes but today I would prefer to be with 12 points.

Today for me was the worst game since I came.

http://www.mfc.co.uk/page/news/managers-message/0,,1~3599820,00.html

I have to admit. It is so refreshing to hear meaningful comments coming from A it or as opposed to the cryptic cotton wool nanny state comments Mogga used to come with.

He knows how poor the result was today, and he isn't afraid to sugar coat it.

I'm happy with the 10 points we have from this festive period, especially when this game just won me £250 from a £2 bet of Carayol to score first, game finishes 2-2. :D absolutely buzzing! Think 2014 is going to be a good one for boro :)

AK

"I wasn't happy with the team, When you win three games in a row keeping clean sheets you think everything is okay but it's important for my players to know who we are.

"We found two goals from the sky, two Bolton mistakes. But we didn't play well and I didn't like my team. "If people asked me ten days before if I would be happy with ten points I would have said yes but today I would prefer to be with 12 points.

Today for me was the worst game since I came.

http://www.mfc.co.uk/page/news/managers-message/0,,1~3599820,00.html

He says all the right things too, Think Gibbo has hit a winner with this appointment

gutted but its hard to be annoyed at this, we have made so many improvements since AK came in especially in the last 4 games, we would have lost this game a few months ago for sure, considering our away record its a decent point. Our season wont be defined on this game, we are still only 6 points off the playoffs and nine points off relegation. half way through now and all is still to play for. playoffs are perhaps out of reach this season but with the progress we are making it isnt out of the question

On the radio we sounded poor and got lucky with 2 mistakes from Zat Knight which covered the poor performance over and it sounds a fair reflection after reading Karanka's view.

The most comforting thing is that 4 games ago our season looked dead and buried with a relegation battle looking the only bit of excitement for the season, but now after 3 wins and a draw we're within a good run of making a charge for the play offs so the season is still alive. Plus the transfer window is now open so Karanka will be able to strengthen the squad for a late surge for the play offs.

Not sure why Karanka didn't just pick the same team as last week minus any injured players, making changes disrupts the balance in the squad and stops any decent on field partnerships from developing

gutted but its hard to be annoyed at this, we have made so many improvements since AK came in especially in the last 4 games, we would have lost this game a few months ago for sure, considering our away record its a decent point. Our season wont be defined on this game, we are still only 6 points off the playoffs and nine points off relegation. half way through now and all is still to play for. playoffs are perhaps out of reach this season but with the progress we are making it isnt out of the question

I think had we won today it would have had a massive bearing on our season, it would have put us only 4 points off the play-offs, that's close enough to taste it, 6 points still feels a fair bit away and there's another 3 teams ahead of us that we have to leap frog too as a result of that last minute goal.

Not saying it isn't achieveable but winning today would have made it so much easier

AK has obviously seen the tired legs in the players to make the changes. Ledesma and Varga had very little competitive action coming in to the festive period so probably needed a rest,Emnes has been playing with a slight injury too I believe so the changes needed to happen in AK's eyes. I also think the high pressure game he likes us to play was a big factor in his decision. I'm sure he mentioned the changes in his post match comments after Reading.

Being 2-0 up it is a disappointment only getting a point but in the bigger picture its 10 points from 12 and 4 unbeaten. Real positives to be had from the Christmas. I would think if we carried a similar sort of average over the rest of the season it would see us manage a play off push. One thing is for certain since the defeat at home to Brighton we are now looking up rather than down. His views after the game were very refreshing, no sugar coating just honesty. Fingers crossed were in for a good year!

I'm glad in a way that we did not win because that would have given us a false portrayal of the teams ability. Now that our weaknesses have been exposed, hopefully Gibson's promise to help strengthen the squad has been reaffirmed even more. We definitely need defenders, I've heard people say they are happy with the defenders we have now that we look more solid but Friend still doesn't convince me, Woodgate is a ticking bomb and Williams...well it's best if we don't mention him. Plus Varga will definitely not be RB every game due to obvious reasons I.e. Injury, cover for defensive mid.