oneBoro Forum
Downsouth

Boro V Bolton (A) 2-2

I'm in the clean sheet brigade. A solid defense gives our midfield confidence to get forward.

We might nick a goal but I would be content with 0-0.

However. I do wonder if the financial problems Bolton are facing could have an impact on the game? Will the players up a gear to try and catch the eye of a prem team? Or will it have them worried about their future?

There could be a few goals out there if either are the case.

My hope for todays game apart from a Boro win is that we see this thread heavily populated later on and that we get a decent amount of posts and contributions.

As it stands this will not reach the last 2 totals and they were well below par.

Find it strange seeing as how we are picking up and far less to moan about lol!

I'm all for contributing but don't get to any games.... Seems pointless in some ways..

I'm hesitantly confident about this. I'm hoping for another clean sheet, but can see it being a close 1-1 or maybe someone edges it 2-1 I've a feeling Varga will get a goal :)

alright maybe not Varga then lots of changes in this team today

Given,

Williams, Gibson, Ayala, Friend

Smally LEadbitter

Adomah Butterfield Carayol

Main

is the team I think

Given. Williams, Ayala, Gibson, Friend. Smallwood, Leadbitter. Adomah, Butterfield, Carayol. Main.

Juke, Emnes, Varga, Ledesma on bench.

My question is why?

Karanka may be resting them, and if things turn a bit sour then Emnes, Juke and Ledesma would be fantastic impact subs.

+ Also away from home, the pace of Main and Carayol on the counter is a lot better than that of Juke and Ledesma.

What the.. let's hope this works out for Karanka because it's a massive gamble.

Given. Williams, Ayala, Gibson, Friend. Smallwood, Leadbitter. Adomah, Butterfield, Carayol. Main.

Juke, Emnes, Varga, Ledesma on bench.

My question is why?

Absolutely WHY? Varga has been outstanding by all accounts. And Ledesma surely warrants a start over Carayol?

• Latest Posts

• Really good idea, I’ll do some contacting and reaching out to some of these social media accounts. If anyone else has ideas or contacts as to how to grow the community, we’re open to ideas 👍
    • My point is that England didn't even look fully comfortable against an awful scratch Montenegro side. The defense has been carved apart repeatedly in these qualifiers, and I'm sure John Stones still has nightmares about throwing away that semi-final against the Netherlands. A lot of the trouble come from needlessly playing it out from the back and inviting pressure. England's attack has been fantastic for a while now, I've not said any different, 33 goals in 7 games is brilliant, but if anything they look less secure defensively since the World Cup. I'd back England against any team at the Euros, but they're currently never comfortable even with a solid lead. They were 5-1 up against Kosovo and were practically hanging on at the end.
    • As if people still think Venus signed Ayala 
    • Colchester  v  Bradford. D Crawley  v  Morecambe. H Exeter  v  Cheltenham. A Forest Green  v  Plymouth. H Grimsby  v  Newport. D L/Orient  v  Scunthorpe. (Wright) H Macclesfield  v  Mansfield. D Northampton  v  Crewe. A Port Vale  v  Carlisle. H Salford  v  Swindon. A .......... Stevenage  v  Oldham. A Walsall  v  Cambridge. H
    • This day 15th November 1994 - Boro's young guns go down to Ancona in this Anglo-Italian compatition Boro took the lead after 10 minutes then struggled to impose themselves on the game, the youth in the team v experience they were facing proved too much in the end, with Ancona levelling on the hour mark & scoring 2 late goals in the 80th & 90th to put the game beyond Boro