oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Hull City Tigers AFC (FA Cup)

Your predictions please...what will be the outcome?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Your predictions please...what will be the outcome?

• Boro win - the Reds go marching on to Round 4
    • Draw - the Tigers take us to a replay at their place
    • Hull win - oh well, at least we can concentrate on the league now

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

As this is Karanka's first forray into the famous FA Cup I truelly believe he will be looking forward to it and will want his team to give a good account of themselves so that is why i think that there will not be too much chopping and changing and he will field the strongest 11 that he has available.

Ok Hull are PL but they are playing at our ground and we have a good record against them at The Riverside...................I hope that the game is finished in the 90 minutes so that we do not have to endure a replay but I honestly feel it will do Boro the world of good if they can overcome a team from the PL.

Think it will be a good game to watch with plenty of action and goals so going for a 3-2 win for Boro!

We should really go for it in this game, it's a great opportunity to take a Premiership scalp.

After the Accrington debacle, the team owe the fans a good cup run. No-one looks forward to fixtureless Saturdays, do they?

I'm not sure why people are advocating resting players, it's not as though we can win the league, we've much more chance of a decent cup run and a chance to earn some much needed gate receipts and maybe even, TV money.

I was only advocating resting some players as our performance level dropped rather dramatically against Bolton, indicating the players may be feeling the heavy Christmas schedule.

Also, its not like we can win the FA Cup either, whereas we still need a number of good league results to make sure we're not dragged into a relegation scrap. Survival total was around 53 points last season, so we've a way to go yet.

That said, DS does make a good point that, as this is Karanka's first Cup game, he will likely want to make sure we put on a good show - especially against Premier opposition.

I seem to recall Karanka stating when he got here that his dream would be to win an FA cup. I think it's safe to say that we can expect as close to a full strength side as possible and a solid performance.

I was only advocating resting some players as our performance level dropped rather dramatically against Bolton, indicating the players may be feeling the heavy Christmas schedule.

Also, its not like we can win the FA Cup either, whereas we still need a number of good league results to make sure we're not dragged into a relegation scrap. Survival total was around 53 points last season, so we've a way to go yet.

That said, DS does make a good point that, as this is Karanka's first Cup game, he will likely want to make sure we put on a good show - especially against Premier opposition.

Wot how dare you sir.

Come on Boro lets show these doubting Thomas's.

I'm hoping that we field a strong team. We made plenty of changes in the previous game, so I wouldn't be surprised if a couple of those who missed out may make a return in this. Plus we have a week until our next game after this.

The only thing I would like to avoid is playing injury prone players. Namely Woodgate.

If I'm not mistaken (which I might be), Given & Ayala are cup tied, Steele is injured, Konstantopoulos's contract has expired, Leutwiler might have an ankle problem, Ripley is back from his loan spell with Bradford, Halliday's probably not ready, Kamara's out and Parnaby's return is unlikely. So I'd like to see something along the lines of...

--------------- Leutwiler/Ripley --------------

--- Varga - Williams/Hines - Gibson - Friend ---

----------- Leadbitter - Whitehead -----------

----- Ledesma ----- Emnes ----- Adomah -----

------------------ Jutkiewicz ----------------

Bench: Ripley/Leutwiler, Hines/Williams, Woodgate, Smallwood, Butterfield, Carayol, Main.

Given wont be cup tied surely? He won't have played for Villa in previous rounds....

I've seen a lot of Hull this season (my dad is a season ticket holder), and they're mighty impressive when on form. They're weak down the flanks though. Adomah and Carayol could have a field day. They're not the best in the air at the back either. Juke could be a good option if he decides to be on his game.

Huddlestone runs the show though, he's exceptional on the ball and finds so much time. They're pretty poor up top though.

I don't know DS, I was buying a ticket online last night, and practically everywhere barring Hull's allocation seemed to have high availability. Would be a crying shame if we can't pull a good attendance on the back of some terrific form and with cheap tickets.